I've just recieved the cookbook.pdf as well.

It's so beautiful, isn't it? :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I just received my backer rewards, and the cookbook really needs a version for people not from USA.

'Ounces', 'Pounds' and Fahrenheit have no meaning to me. ;(

Seriously? You were able to start your computer, find fig, pledge, create an account on this forum, transfer your pledge to the backer portal, start a thread and write words. And you don't know how to google measurement conversion? Call me a sceptic, but I find that hard to believe. :D

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 1

I think the first poster CAN make the conversions but just find it really annoying to have to do it every time.

So do I, honestly. :(

I'm still gonna do it though, because I hadn't realized until I read this thread that those were PoE recipes (I thought it was just Tim's personal recipes). So, can I make Darkest Rauatai coo... OHMYGOD YES I CAN LET'S LIGHT THIS OVEN RIGHT NOW

• Like 3

This is going to sound strange but originally I thought Tim's Cookbook was originally going to be somewhat of a preview consisting of new craftable items in the game and what items were needed to make them.

I was greatly surprised when I found out that it's an ACTUAL cookbook. Love it and what's more is that the way it's presented feels special, like it's from another era. The little tid-bits of lore behind each recipe is also a nice touch!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I think the first poster CAN make the conversions but just find it really annoying to have to do it every time.

So do I, honestly. :(

I'm still gonna do it though, because I hadn't realized until I read this thread that those were PoE recipes (I thought it was just Tim's personal recipes). So, can I make Darkest Rauatai coo... OHMYGOD YES I CAN LET'S LIGHT THIS OVEN RIGHT NOW

Make the cookies. By Magran, I hope you made those cookies. If anything has inspired faith in me, it is those delectables.

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

Make the cookies. By Magran, I hope you made those cookies. If anything has inspired faith in me, it is those delectables.

Be happy, because after posting yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought the ingredients.

I couldn't find black cocoa powder (it's really not easy to get by in France) but regular cocoa will do, I think.

I'll post a picture of my Dark-ish Rauatai Cookies when I'm done baking them. Not today (I have to bake other stuff before that), but in a few days for sure!

• Like 4

Be happy, because after posting yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought the ingredients.

I couldn't find black cocoa powder (it's really not easy to get by in France) but regular cocoa will do, I think.

I'll post a picture of my Dark-ish Rauatai Cookies when I'm done baking them. Not today (I have to bake other stuff before that), but in a few days for sure!

Please do!

Let's see if I can convince the rest of my team to make some of these recipes in our YouTube channel (which is this, for those curious). Something interesting could come out of it!

Please do!

Can anyone help me out with the Rautatai cookies? I followed the instructions, but my result had been absolutely awful. It was just a puddle of black sugar with vague burned smell of chocolate. It was apparently too watery. 

(After a quick google) I can see what you are saying. Looking at the recepie does keep me a bit sceptical, as the versions of meringue/marcrons-esque cookies i tried always had at least a bit of grounded almonds. It is always a good idea anyway to make little test batch. After that you can still screw with the recepie or try stuff like cooling the dough. Depending on the consistence of the chips / powder and the size of the eggs, i feel you'll mayb have to start adding about half a cup if it turns into a cookie hellscape.

Will try it at the weekend myself tho, so dont take my word for it yet...

Edited by Duskshift
  • Like 1

I just made the darkest rautaui cookies, and immediately I feel an increase in health and endurance so I went for a run. When I was running I feelt very perceptive, so along the road I discovered a treasure!

PS. Tried to attach a picture of the cookies, with little success...

• Like 5

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

I just made the darkest rautaui cookies, and immediately I feel an increase in health and endurance so I went for a run. When I was running I feelt very perceptive, so along the road I discovered a treasure!

Were your cookies okay? The problem that Sonntam had took away a bit of my motivation to try the recipe :/

Were your cookies okay? The problem that Sonntam had took away a bit of my motivation to try the recipe :/

I had to have an extra egg white, but my eggs were so small... I also had to have them in the oven a little longer (but depends so much on the oven). Otherwise, no problem! And they are so good! :)

PS. Try having some sea salt on top!

• Like 1

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

https://postimage.io/ <- Put it here

I am doomed.

I cannot cook and my parents cannot speak or read english nor do they know anything about the american unit system.

That means I will only get the usual stuff when I meet them next time.

Well, there might be worse things in the universe than that.

What's your first tongue? If it's Spanish I could help translate some.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden