UK Terror Attack

BruceVC

No more privacy, terrorists are everywhere, and thus is the state. No more peace, the terrorists have guns, ours must be bigger. No more solidarity, those things you are saying are the same the terrorists shout. No more freedom, those looks you have are those of a terrorist. No more rights, we can not have those terrorists sympathisers here. Gone are the self evident truths. Those were naive. Evil is everywhere. Evil has to be fought. It has to be exterminated. It has to be exterminated by us. And better get five innocents to much than to let one get away. Down with those who hate us, now we hate back.

And thus, you do everything in your power to fight the terrorists.

And then you see that you have archived, what they fought for in a struggle doomed to fail: you destroyed your way of life. Your country. Your society. The entire western world.

And thus, the terrorists win.

This is complete nonsense, how have we destroyed our way of life [by going against terrorism]?
-Constant surveillance of everyone through several secret services

-Rise of unreasonable and uneducated prejudice towards one specific religion

-As a result, (rising support for) unreasonable policies against members of said religion

-(rising support for) ignorance of humanistic values due to protectionist fears

-Rise of authoritarianism

-Rise of populism

-Rise of demagoguery

-Rise of nationalism

-Rise of protectionism

-Rise of isolationism

That's just of the top of my head

None of these automatically need to be relevant to any country that decides to be assertive in dealing with Islamic Extremism and this definitely applies to governments

This is not a zero sum game, we can address terrorism without suddenly it signaling the perceived end of the Western world. How do you think the West has dealt with any ideological challenge over the last 100 years? Security gets increased but we dont lose our values around tolerance, equality and our belief in Democracy. We just make some societal and legal adjustments around the threat that we face at the time

Its not complicated or difficult to implement

You act as if the west had tolerance, equality and democracy during the last 100 years.

HA! Good fun!

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

There actually are plenty of muslims on TV in the UK. Way more than in the US, where they do rather tend to be trotted out as the terrorist-du-jour.

Was a reference to an actor addressing UK parliament about needing more muslims on TV otherwise they will join ISIS or something.

Yeah, it's a pretty stupid complaint, that's all. I'm not even in the UK and I can think of more muslims on TV there than people I'm sure are christians. Albeit that's because in dramas their characters tend to be labelled as 'muslim' and have it as part of their character more, plus I can recognise typically muslim 'asian' (subcontinental) names easily.

No ideas guys, I just looked for some English source :)

If you're looking for an english source and find The Daily Stormer keep looking. The label 'nazi' is thrown around rather, heh, liberally but that website is literally named after Julius Streicher's infamous jew baiting nazi paper 'Die Sturmer'. They'd blame immigrants, muslims, lefties and non whites for literally anything and everything.

You will not intimidate us, we will not change the way we live - said the cow to the butcher.

What? 

This seems like you are giving terrorists a tremendous amount of credit. You understand the odds of being involved in this stuff, right?

You're still stuck on the odds. You don't seem to understand terrorism is an act of war against your country. And you seem to continually forget 9/11. May be you think FDR overreacted to Pearl Harbor since only a relatively small portion of US population was killed?

Edit: Not terrorism related, but speaking of your mindset, no matter how often this happens, you don't care, right?

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/03/23/four-time-deported-ms-13-gang-member-charged-child-rape-stabbing-2-women/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You're still stuck on the odds. You don't seem to understand terrorism is an act of war against your country. And you seem to continually forget 9/11. May be you think FDR overreacted to Pearl Harbor since only a relatively small portion of US population was killed?

Not the same thing. If I went nuts and went down to Memphis and shot a bunch of innocent people does Shelby County got to war with Tipton County because that's where I live? If I cross the river and do it does Arkansas invade Tennessee?

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not the same thing. If I went nuts and went down to Memphis and shot a bunch of innocent people does Shelby County got to war with Tipton County because that's where I live? If I cross the river and do it does Arkansas invade Tennessee?

Only if Shelby County ordered you to do that. We're not talking about a lone nut here, we're talking about a soldier in a terror war against the West. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Live free or die (if you look like me)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No ideas guys, I just looked for some English source :)

Just give a source and let people translate it. Hopefully no one monitors the guest wifi at work :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What's the relevance of the difference? We have to be at war against either, because they're at war with us.

Given that I just read a report that the Pentagon put out that hundreds of civilians have been killed by US airstrikes in Mosul, it would seem that the US military agrees with your opinion.

I cited Fox News to make you feel more comfortable. :http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/24/pentagon-investigating-report-that-us-led-airstrike-killed-more-than-100-civilians-in-iraq.html

Yay for the good guys.  :unsure:

You will not intimidate us, we will not change the way we live - said the cow to the butcher.

I think the butcher should sell that cow to science...

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I think the butcher should sell that cow to science...

Cow: You will not intimidate us, we will not change the way we live

Butcher: Holy crap! A talking cow!

:lol: 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What's the relevance of the difference? We have to be at war against either, because they're at war with us.

Given that I just read a report that the Pentagon put out that hundreds of civilians have been killed by US airstrikes in Mosul, it would seem that the US military agrees with your opinion.

I cited Fox News to make you feel more comfortable. :http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/24/pentagon-investigating-report-that-us-led-airstrike-killed-more-than-100-civilians-in-iraq.html

Yay for the good guys.  :unsure:

What does that prove exactly? We should leave Mosul in the gentle hands of IS? If Obama hadn't abandoned Iraq, Mosul would not be in IS hands in the first place, and none of this terrible fighting and atrocities would be taking place. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

What does that prove exactly? We should leave Mosul in the gentle hands of IS? If Obama hadn't abandoned Iraq, Mosul would not be in IS hands in the first place, and none of this terrible fighting and atrocities would be taking place.

Strange that you ignore the events that placed the US in Iraq in the first place, although not surprising from you.

warning, explicit language

If too explicit please mods to remove under their consideration :)

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"