RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

to me Destiny looked too much like Borderlands, so I'll definitely be skipping this one. but man do I wish they took pointers from Bungie in Massive and made The Division 2 a first-person shooter  :unsure:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Hmm, I'm a big fan of the Saints Row series, but the new trailer for Agents of Mayhem trailer just seems kinda...meh.

I know its a different franchise, but the basic idea I was excited about but...I dunno now.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Dishonored 2 demo will get released on 6th, allowing player to go through the first 3 levels (which I assume would be the Palace, Dunwall and then the first bit of Karnaca - that's also the bit where you can see the most severe of the game's performance problems in my experience)

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm a big fan of the Saints Row series, but the new trailer for Agents of Mayhem trailer just seems kinda...meh.

I know its a different franchise, but the basic idea I was excited about but...I dunno now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29XnpBrPxGQ

I love the Saints Row games as well - specifically the 2nd and 3rd games.

I think Agents Of Mayhem is a spin-off if I remember correctly.

Dishonored 2 demo will get released on 6th, allowing player to go through the first 3 levels (which I assume would be the Palace, Dunwall and then the first bit of Karnaca - that's also the bit where you can see the most severe of the game's performance problems in my experience)

The first one was so good! I haven't tried the 2md yet so I'll be on the lookout for this demo. Thanks!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The 8-bit Bayonetta is clearly an April Fool's joke (although playable).  I think...  I hope, it's separate from this countdown page.

Actually you get the link to the countdown page from the 8-bit bayonetta achievements. It's all connected.

Yes, but the countdown is still going, pointing at April 11th, while the 8-bit Bayonetta is already out, so while connected, I don't think the countdown is referring to the release of a joke 8-bit Bayonetta game on PC.  Poor wording on my part.  Everything seems to point at something Bayonetta related on PC, whether that's a release of one or both of the existing games on PC, a Bayonetta 3, or a spinoff of some kind...  :shrugz:

Just to make it clear. You understood that the purpose of 8-bit bayonetta was to give us the link to the counter webpage right?  That's the connection i was talking about.

to me Destiny looked too much like Borderlands, so I'll definitely be skipping this one. but man do I wish they took pointers from Bungie in Massive and made The Division 2 a first-person shooter :unsure:

Destiny and Borderlands? No not really.  The biggest problem i have with destiny is that it's time consuming. I would really like to stay away from wasting 3 days worth of playing on raids, strike, pvp or other PVE content EACH week. Though if it's 60 fps and the gameplay is as fun as it was in Destiny ... **** me.  I may even live with crappy weapon balance and lack of content.

And no Division was great as a 3rd person shooter, if the should do anything about gameplay is make it more fluid not change perspective. They should also plan ahead differently. The game might be cool right now but who is even playing at this point. If they had just put Survival into the first DLC or something it would have been much much better.

Edited by Majek
  • Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29XnpBrPxGQ

I love the Saints Row games as well - specifically the 2nd and 3rd games.

I think Agents Of Mayhem is a spin-off if I remember correctly.

From one of the "Gat out of Hell" endings, I believe. But still it doesn't seem to have that same something that made SR2 & 3 such favorites. Didn't like IV as much, so maybe its continuing that vibe, but I really expected to be more excited after I watched the trailer than I was before I started. And I wasn't.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

From one of the "Gat out of Hell" endings, I believe. But still it doesn't seem to have that same something that made SR2 & 3 such favorites. Didn't like IV as much, so maybe its continuing that vibe, but I really expected to be more excited after I watched the trailer than I was before I started. And I wasn't.

Really loved 2 & 3 aswell, IV I didn't really feel a thing for, it was way to looney tunes for me to like it, they ditched any of the serious tones from the second that I liked so much and way overboard.

I really, really liked the trailer, but that might be because of the theme music. I reckon the game itself will mostly make me go "mehh..." Not to mention that PS4 bit, no mention about PC.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Really loved 2 & 3 aswell, IV I didn't really feel a thing for, it was way to looney tunes for me to like it, they ditched any of the serious tones from the second that I liked so much and way overboard.

Yeah, that was my thought. Saints Row 4 felt more like an Infamous game than a Saints Row game. I finished it but I was left underwhelmed. Sometimes less is more. They tried too hard to the point where it felt unfocused and the last bit felt like a drag-on.

I never played Gat Out Off Hell though, perhaps next time it's on sale I'll pick it up :)

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

SR2 was a bit too stomach churning violent for me at times. That monster truck cut scene... I am a bit of a control freak, and the idea of being locked up like that, unable to do anything other than despair as you are about to die, it brings up some deep rooted discomfort in me.

SR3 I loved to bits. SR4 I enjoyed the humour, and How The Saints Saved Christmas was a very well done DLC. But the superpowers trivialized vehicles, ripping out an important chunk from the game. I had fun, but not as much as with SR3.

Stay away from Gat Out Off Hell. You have been warned. Just watch the cutscenes on YouTube. They took the superpowers from 4, made them unnecessarily complicated (now you don't just fly, you have to upgrade flight with how many times you can flap your wings to stay airborn) and left nothing else. Even more so than before you just do one map activity after the other, but the new activities are a drag. The game punishes you with its gameplay for wanting to watch the cutscenes.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sounds like they've devolved in game play... shame when this happens with franchises... whether it be Final Fantasy, or Resident Evil. Seems to be a thing lately.

The bankruptcy really killed that game :(

Sadly, once you have watched the Gat Out Of Hell Musical on YouTube, the game has nothing else to offer. Though the musical is fantastic.

How do I burn down a city that's baptized in fire? How do I kill off an army that's dead?

Time's slipping away now and the best plan we've got is just "put one inside Satan's head."

If role's were reversed, God, I know they'd save me. But all my solutions involve murder sprees!

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Gridd: RetroEnhanced is coming soon, anyone who grew up in the 80's and liked movies like Hackers or Tron will like it.

• Like 1

^ It will be $9.99 at launch. That's not anywhere on the net but that's what it will be. That much I know.

I wish they had done a proper Saints Row 5 instead or maybe something different without the 'Saturday Morning Cartoon' aesthetics and humor. I agree, it looks absolutely meh.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Great music and tron feeling. But I suck at that kind of game :)

Me too lol I'm getting old in age, my reflexes aren't quite what they were in my teen years of twitch shooters. I'll still probably get it just because the boss dude looks cool - reminds me of System Shock 2' antagonist.

SR2 was a bit too stomach churning violent for me at times. That monster truck cut scene... I am a bit of a control freak, and the idea of being locked up like that, unable to do anything while other than despair as you are about to die, it brings up some deep rooted discomfort in me.

The previous mission

about Carlos really had me twisting in my seat, I actually dropped a few tears after that since I really liked Carlos

. I actually felt satisfied with the monster truck scene after that, and that line afterwards "Do me a favor. When you check the trunk, just remember you should have offered me something better than twenty percent". Awesome. Badass.

Though I do feel a bit like a horrible person for saying that :p

SR2 really had you feel more like a badass than the following games, a badass underdog.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

SR2 you were truly the violent psycho criminal. It was like GTA but violent. The story was actually serious. SR3 they turned up the humour to a level where even the "dramatic" scenes didn't leave you with any feels. It was just crazy cackling all the way.

• Like 4

SR2 went through the emotional extremes. One minute it was over the top comedy violence, then it would twist to heart-wrenching seriousness. Then it would flip right back again.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

SR2 went through the emotional extremes. One minute it was over the top comedy violence, then it would twist to heart-wrenching seriousness. Then it would flip right back again.

Weirdly enough, I found this to be one of the more gratifying things about SR2.  Often I think stories that deal with violence dwell only on the darker aspects of the story.  But real life will have ups and down - moments of tragedy and moments of the absurd.  SR2 better than 3 & 4 walks that line.  

My favorite sequence in SR2 was the Boss being kidnapped by the Sons of Samadi leader and being drugged.  It was harrowing to play and funnily absurd at the same time.

Yes the Boss is a criminal badass.  And still I felt very conflicted about the trunk sequence - it was a horrible thing, but from a story perspective it was such an appropriate response for the character.  It was cathartic to get it to work and yet it was awful too - a nice story moment to challenge the player's perception and greatly appreciated by me.

I think SR4 forgets to ground itself in real emotion and resonates less for it. It also doesn't have a charming scene like SR3 between Pierce and the Boss singing 'What I Got" that is such a great character moment which pretty much made that game for me.

• Like 3

I took the survey. Were there specific answers we had to give? :p

yes, your answers have to convince Gollop to make his new game play similar to XCom Apocalypse rather than the original :p

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I liked SR4 the best of the series. I liked that they went full silly. Also I thought that game had some really witty social commentary cleverly sugar coated in its ridiculousness. Also also, the ending to the Enter the Dominatrix DLC is the best video game ending I have ever seen. I cried genuine manly tears of joy.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks