RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I completely suck at any of the Wargame games. Really tried to like them, but I can't even win the most simple missions. Everything is just so tiny and chaotic and I don't know.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Brigador is scheduled re-launch in June.

If you don't know what Brigador is, it's a bad@$$ single player fast-paced mech game with fully destructable environments all at an isometric angle!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500

There are over 80 vehicles to pilot, from Fallout type power suits to tanks to hovercrafts to killdozers and mini mechs and giant mech-warriors too!

Why is it relaunching? It's not because it's a bad game, it's actually a phenomenal one but there was a lot of mistakes that were made in marketing and that hurt the game to be the success it should have.

What will the relaunch consist of?

Of course you're going to see this game om the front store page of Steam (again) but also the game will be recieving a huge content update. New pilots, new missions, new lore, new pilots, new everything!

For those who already own Brigador, you'll be getting this update for free :)

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It was meant as such. My job isn't the sorta job where you make many friends :)

Is it the kind of job where you don't have to interact with any human being at all? If so, do you have an opening?

Mostly no and, I have to talk to people every day and no openings either.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

He's definitely put in his time in the video game business. Can't blame a guy for wanting to relax and enjoy his life. I'd retire right now, if I could afford to, and I'm significantly younger than Brian Fargo.

I'd retire immediately if I had the money to do so and I'm 30 years younger than Fargo. But then again I'm not creating anything else except tears and misery.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh out loud this morning. I needed that.

It was meant as such. My job isn't the sorta job where you make many friends :)

Are you a tax collector? :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I was thinking hitman, but that might be it, too.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Classic DS game "Lock's Quest" is coming to Steam in an HD remastered form next month and I'm excited about it.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Meh, while I won't give Beamdog any of my money because, one, I have no desire to replay these games, and two, I think they're cashing in on other, far more talented, peoples' work, I'm not too bothered by their "enhanced editions" existing.  While the original content they add themselves tends to be of much lower quality than that of the base games, they make it easier to run on modern operating systems than installing the preexisting mods yourself.  I do wish the original games were still available for sale by themselves, for those that want to play the games and don't want to give Beamdog money for their cash-in, but such is the way of things.  Oh well.

To be honest, I don't understand a lot of the hate that Beamdog has gotten.  At worst I'd describe their changed in BGEE to be innocuous and their worst change in BG2EE (which I've not played a lot of) seems to be a somewhat ugly UI.

As to not being able to buy the original editions, I'm sure we can all think of loads of 10-15 year-old games that no longer are available for purchase.  Not to mention won't run on modern machines or will run but only after some work.  I don't think anyone ever expected game titles to be evergreen - always purchasable, always playable and ever unchanged.

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, for me the fact that they've made these games available on my tablet, so I can play them on the go, is awesome beyond words.

Same with Dragon Pass and a lot of the other 10+ old games being ported to moble/tablet. I'm really finding it a great medium for RPGs,

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

If you have Steam....

Chivalry is free today. Much like how they gave Amnesia: The Dark Descent for free.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Meh, while I won't give Beamdog any of my money because, one, I have no desire to replay these games, and two, I think they're cashing in on other, far more talented, peoples' work, I'm not too bothered by their "enhanced editions" existing.  While the original content they add themselves tends to be of much lower quality than that of the base games, they make it easier to run on modern operating systems than installing the preexisting mods yourself.  I do wish the original games were still available for sale by themselves, for those that want to play the games and don't want to give Beamdog money for their cash-in, but such is the way of things.  Oh well.

To be honest, I don't understand a lot of the hate that Beamdog has gotten.  At worst I'd describe their changed in BGEE to be innocuous and their worst change in BG2EE (which I've not played a lot of) seems to be a somewhat ugly UI.

As to not being able to buy the original editions, I'm sure we can all think of loads of 10-15 year-old games that no longer are available for purchase.  Not to mention won't run on modern machines or will run but only after some work.  I don't think anyone ever expected game titles to be evergreen - always purchasable, always playable and ever unchanged.

Not to mention that it is WotC and not Beamdog that keeps the original games from being available for sale because they have officially stated that the EEs are their current official versions of the game. But the bottom line is that the EEs as well as the BG expansion game have all sold quite well per Beamdog's released sales numbers, so the haters can hate all they want. The hate doesn't make a damn bit of difference to a great many of us.

You've misconstrued my apathy as hate.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Anything new on Ace Combat 7?

I've always been a fan of Ace series, even when theywere called Air Combat instead. The new gane seens to have a hint of anime which seems interesting.

Didn't knew you could play as a heroin addict in Quake Champions...

Is there a specific part in there that I'm supposed to watch, or...

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, Elex had a presentation on Pax East a few days ago, but since no-one here picked up on it I guess I'll do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saiu5NbvK9A

Article: http://wccftech.com/spellforce-3-elex-pax-east-handson/

Looking good to me, despite the Piranha Bytes trademarked animations and (probably) boatloads of bugs.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

*Sigh*... Another anime sale on Steam.

*keeps money and runs away, waits for Shakedown Hawaii to release*

• Like 1

Well, Elex had a presentation on Pax East a few days ago, but since no-one here picked up on it I guess I'll do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saiu5NbvK9A

Article: http://wccftech.com/spellforce-3-elex-pax-east-handson/

Looking good to me, despite the Piranha Bytes trademarked animations and (probably) boatloads of bugs.

Sounds like every Piranha Bytes game ever, except in a new setting. Works for me, I'm a fan of their work.
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Basically it's asking if we liked XCOM ? :p Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra