Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
820 replies to this topic

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16956 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"Beamdog is doing awesome work"

No.

• Majek, Hiro Protagonist and Tuth like this

Heijoushin

Heijoushin

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Starcraft Remastered

http://www.pcgamer.c...se-this-summer/

This came out of the blue. I do believe I'm looking forward to redoing the old campaign.

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Only problem with beamdog making a remastered version is that make planescape more PC and they block the original being sold like they did with BG 1&2.
  • Jozape and marelooke like this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6704 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock

Meh, while I won't give Beamdog any of my money because, one, I have no desire to replay these games, and two, I think they're cashing in on other, far more talented, peoples' work, I'm not too bothered by their "enhanced editions" existing.  While the original content they add themselves tends to be of much lower quality than that of the base games, they make it easier to run on modern operating systems than installing the preexisting mods yourself.  I do wish the original games were still available for sale by themselves, for those that want to play the games and don't want to give Beamdog money for their cash-in, but such is the way of things.  Oh well.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2800 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Beamdog doing awesome work? ROFLMAO.

And i'm not really sure about Starcraft reamstered. It the interface that's bothering me. I'd like it to be a bit smaller. :(.

Edited by Majek, 26 March 2017 - 07:28 AM.

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 794 posts

Brian Fargo calling it a day after Wasteland 3.

http://www.eurogamer...steland-3-ships

He's definitely put in his time in the video game business. Can't blame a guy for wanting to relax and enjoy his life. I'd retire right now, if I could afford to, and I'm significantly younger than Brian Fargo.

I'd retire immediately if I had the money to do so and I'm 30 years younger than Fargo. But then again I'm not creating anything else except tears and misery.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh out loud this morning. I needed that.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Meh, while I won't give Beamdog any of my money because, one, I have no desire to replay these games, and two, I think they're cashing in on other, far more talented, peoples' work, I'm not too bothered by their "enhanced editions" existing.  While the original content they add themselves tends to be of much lower quality than that of the base games, they make it easier to run on modern operating systems than installing the preexisting mods yourself.  I do wish the original games were still available for sale by themselves, for those that want to play the games and don't want to give Beamdog money for their cash-in, but such is the way of things.  Oh well.

Didn't them Polish people invent Good Old Games just for this purpose only? I don't need an enhanced version with someone else cashing in on someone's great product. Their own game failed from what I've read and I don't think anyone should add anything to Torment. Not even MCA if they can bring him on to the project. Leave the game as it is if you must release an enhanced edition for it.

• redneckdevil likes this

Flouride

Flouride

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Brian Fargo calling it a day after Wasteland 3.

http://www.eurogamer...steland-3-ships

He's definitely put in his time in the video game business. Can't blame a guy for wanting to relax and enjoy his life. I'd retire right now, if I could afford to, and I'm significantly younger than Brian Fargo.

I'd retire immediately if I had the money to do so and I'm 30 years younger than Fargo. But then again I'm not creating anything else except tears and misery.

It was meant as such. My job isn't the sorta job where you make many friends :)

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 612 posts

From the folks what made the Wargame series:

• sorophx likes this

Fenixp

Fenixp

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1885 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
It does look like a WW2 version of the wargame ... Games. Which could be a good thing, considering.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7317 posts

Is it the kind of job where you don't have to interact with any human being at all? If so, do you have an opening?

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3273 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I completely suck at any of the Wargame games. Really tried to like them, but I can't even win the most simple missions. Everything is just so tiny and chaotic and I don't know.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Brigador is scheduled re-launch in June.

If you don't know what Brigador is, it's a bad@$$ single player fast-paced mech game with fully destructable environments all at an isometric angle!

http://store.steampo....com/app/274500

There are over 80 vehicles to pilot, from Fallout type power suits to tanks to hovercrafts to killdozers and mini mechs and giant mech-warriors too!

Why is it relaunching? It's not because it's a bad game, it's actually a phenomenal one but there was a lot of mistakes that were made in marketing and that hurt the game to be the success it should have.

What will the relaunch consist of?

Of course you're going to see this game om the front store page of Steam (again) but also the game will be recieving a huge content update. New pilots, new missions, new lore, new pilots, new everything!

For those who already own Brigador, you'll be getting this update for free :)
  • sorophx likes this

Flouride

Flouride

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Is it the kind of job where you don't have to interact with any human being at all? If so, do you have an opening?

Mostly no and, I have to talk to people every day and no openings either.

Edited by Flouride, 26 March 2017 - 11:53 AM.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3001 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer

Brian Fargo calling it a day after Wasteland 3.http://www.eurogamer...steland-3-ships

Are you a tax collector? :-P

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

I was thinking hitman, but that might be it, too.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Classic DS game "Lock's Quest" is coming to Steam in an HD remastered form next month and I'm excited about it.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6704 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock

Just 3 days to go!

giphy.gif

• Mamoulian War, WDeranged, redneckdevil and 1 other like this

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2352 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

Anyone hear of an upcoming game called Dauntless? Looks like a fantasy RPG meets Evolve (without the PvP). Co-op monster hunter. I really enjoy the style and it looks fun. Apparently by ex-BioWare and ex-Riot people, and it'll be freemium for PC. I thought it looked pretty interesting.

https://playdauntless.com/

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

snip

Were it possible, I would give you two thumbs up. One for the awesome game trailer and the other for the awesome gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users