Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

Fenixp

Fenixp

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1742 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Did you see the [E]nd?

No, I'm yet to try another decision at the end of the game.

Edited by Fenixp, 19 April 2017 - 09:05 PM.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7277 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

A friend was nice enough to gift me Nier: Automata for my birthday, so I'm having fun with that when I have spare time.

• SadExchange and Labadal like this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6488 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
I killed the world 2 boss in Yooka-Laylee. That makes 2 worlds I now have mostly completed (world 1 probably over 90% and world 2 at likely around 75%). The game only has 5 worlds, plus the overworld, but the worlds are pretty huge and have a ton of stuff to do and find in each of them. I have found and unlocked world 3, but I feel like I'm missing an ability to progress in it.
  • Labadal likes this

Katphood

Katphood

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1199 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm on my second playthrough in Nier: Automata and it still feels fresh and entertaining. Trying different combination of weapons and fusing chips together is also fun. 

So far I've only achieved the endings [A] and [W].

• Labadal likes this

Fenixp

Fenixp

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1742 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Got the [E]nding. Got through the credits sequence. Answered "Yes" to everything that came after it. I feel... Like I won't ever forget this game.
  • Tale likes this

Heijoushin

Heijoushin

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 907 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yesterday, the latest entry in the Fire Emblem series (Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) released in Japan. I'm mildly annoyed that they included Chinese language support but not English. Anyway, playing in Japanese and it seems pretty good so far.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8684 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've finally mostly finished my level-1 challenge run of Final Fantasy XV and am now back to the "some of these other games are sorta fun to watch someone else play, but nothing interests me enough to play it myself" routine.  :p

I tried this little adventure game called Firewatch (PC version) for about 25 minutes. It's kinda cool, and the scenery is pretty, but meh.

Uncharted 4 came "free" when I bought the PS4, so I decided to buy the Nathan Drake Collection for $20 as well, thinking maybe I should start from the beginning. And of course I haven't touched any of them. Such is my gaming life, most of the time these days. :disguise:

Edited by LadyCrimson, 21 April 2017 - 12:40 AM.

• Hurlshot, Labadal, Agiel and 1 other like this

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've finally mostly finished my level-1 challenge run of Final Fantasy XV and am now back to the "some of these other games are sorta fun to watch someone else play, but nothing interests me enough to play it myself" routine. :p

I tried this little adventure game called Firewatch (PC version) for about 25 minutes. It's kinda cool, and the scenery is pretty, but meh.

Uncharted 4 came "free" when I bought the PS4, so I decided to buy the Nathan Drake Collection for $20 as well, thinking maybe I should start from the beginning. And of course I haven't touched any of them. Such is my gaming life, most of the time these days. :disguise:

I know the feeling. Bought a external hard drive for my PS4 and realized all tr games I have and haven't even played along with my steam library, decided to not buy a new game until I finished at least half of them......Then started playing ESO and me buying a game is gonna be a looooooong time now lol
  • Hurlshot likes this

MeteorBear

MeteorBear

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Playing Might and Magic VI- the Mandate of Heaven for a second time. I never finished my first play through a couple years ago. I probably had 60 hours into the game and felt like I was only half way through it. I tried to pick back up where I left off but its an expansive game and I was completely lost so I restarted. Amazing game though, and Im playing it with a steam controller this time so I can relax on the coach while I play.

Oh and I finally beat Dungeon Siege III and its DLC on local co op with my brother. We switched the difficutly to hard early on for more challenge, though the DLC section was exhausting on hard. Took about 4 years of me visiting a couple times a year for weekend game jams.

Great co op game and I cant believe it didnt do better, it seemed the natural evolution from the Dark Alliance type of game for the PS2.

• mkreku and Hurlshot like this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6488 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
I finally moved on from Sagus Cliffs in TToN. It only took me 23 hours. :p

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2108 posts
Had to do a boss fight in Styx, argh. Watched the video, set difficulty to easy, still had to do countless retries. It's not even that hard, you just have to memorize the level and what to do at each point, but one mistake and you're dead.

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 762 posts

Alright, as always, something different.  Went through Deadlight on the PS4 because I've been playing a lot of open-ended or extremely long games and needed to feel some accomplishment. lol  Made some more progress through Nioh, which is such a good game.  A little more approachable to me than Dark Souls due to progress being partly based on gear.  On the same note as getting through Deadlight, I've also started and making progress through Ori and Blind Forest: DE.  

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8409 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've finally mostly finished my level-1 challenge run of Final Fantasy XV and am now back to the "some of these other games are sorta fun to watch someone else play, but nothing interests me enough to play it myself" routine.  :p

I could see you enjoying Horizon: Zero Dawn, so you might want to look into that for the PS4.

I could never dig the Nathan Drake series because the first one was a lot of shooting. I hear the sequels are better.

Edited by Hurlshot, 21 April 2017 - 09:57 AM.

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 762 posts

I could see you enjoying Horizon: Zero Dawn, so you might want to look into that for the PS4.

I could never dig the Nathan Drake series because the first one was a lot of shooting. I hear the sequels are better.

I will say, the last Uncharted would probably be for you then.  While it does have some shooting, it seemed like quite a bit less than the previous titles.  I felt that it definitely focused more on the story, which to me, is what Naughty Dog excel at, including The Last of Us.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

And how do you feel about that?

When I purchase a game on Steam, I try it out for at least 30 minutes, if it doesn't grip me or appeal to me as I'm playing it, I refund it. I have a fairly large library/backlog now but I know I will get to them some day.

Even though I have hundreds of games, I've refunded just as many to find the ones I've deemed worth keeping to save for playing later.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2234 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm curious about the Uncharted series because I'm looking for a Tomb Raider like game for my wife but not so much like the new Tomb Raider games, if that makes any sense

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8734 posts

after Syberia 3 i'll play Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition, then Twitcher 1 Steam version.

then im done for the year

• Labadal likes this

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7277 posts

Who had the bright idea in Nier: A to put lvl 38 enemies next to lvl 18 enemies, in a blind spot, with one-shotting suicide units?

Agiel

Agiel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 567 posts

Trying out the Dawn of War 3 beta. Unfortunately Relic made the rather insane misstep of not including skirmish AI, so if you want to get a feel for the game I'd recommend getting like-minded friends into a private match to try stuff out.

Ghostseer Taldeer is a tons (pun intended) of fun to use, and much like the Wraithknight in the tabletop, is truly a commanding presence on the battlefield. Think one of the greatest psykers the Eldar have to offer who is now a 50 ft tall robit with a big f***-off sword and you have an idea of the unit. Approaching your foe who is otherwise on roughly even footing in terms of combat power then having her literally leap into the fray from the fog of war and him quitting the game at that moment just puts an ear-to-ear grin on my face.

Edited by Agiel, 21 April 2017 - 11:39 PM.

• Belle Sorciere likes this

Fenixp

Fenixp

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1742 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Trying out the Dawn of War 3 beta. Unfortunately Relic made the rather insane misstep of not including skirmish AI, so if you want to get a feel for the game I'd recommend getting like-minded friends into a private match to try stuff out.

I also didn't find a sensible way of just matching myself against a friend - you can only form a party and go against other random people. Which is bizarre.

Edit: Eh, might as well add some thoughts. I feel the game focuses far too much on heroes with ordinary units just being trash on the battlefield you can control - don't get me wrong, they can do a lot if correctly managed, but a single hero ability can wipe them out in legions when you're not paying attention for a second, but it does not work the other way around. And yet, in spite of that, I didn't find a way to customize my heroes like I could in skirmishes of Dawn of War 2.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of all units getting an array of active and passive abilities while, at the same time, massively increasing scale of the battles. While I felt micromanagement in Dawn of War 2 was a lot of fun, I can't seem to quite enjoy it in 3. In addition to that, I felt like using abilities of large groups was a lot easier in DoW 1 than it is in DoW 3, but that may again just be my failing (while I'm at the topic of my failings, a lot of them stem from absolutely dreadful UI. It's busy and makes no efforts to properly emphasize important info - I spent like 10 minutes not knowing where the hell are resource amounts displayed)

As for the battles themselves... Destructive battlefields, panicking units fleeing from the front line, combat barks and yells of panic while battling the enemy - I didn't really see any of that in DoW 3. The whole game kinda feels like an attempt to mix StarCraft 2 and League of Legends and penetrate competitive scene with it. Which... Isn't something I believe they can do. So now I'm just hoping for a decent campaign.

Edited by Fenixp, 21 April 2017 - 11:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users