Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

THE FINAL MOST OVERPOWERED CLASS (BUILD) THREAD

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Belfaldurnik

Belfaldurnik

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Steam:76561198141950631

Spelled Little Savior and Ilfan Byrngar's Solace, btw, those shields.

Have you made personal solo Chanter experience on PotD mode with those fights and relying on getting Proned? Or is it purely theoretical talk? I've found the monks at Crägholdt to be quick punchers that do heavy damage while your chant takes time to hurt them and fuel them with wounds to hit you even faster.

Livegood118

Livegood118

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spelled Little Savior and Ilfan Byrngar's Solace, btw, those shields.

Have you made personal solo Chanter experience on PotD mode with those fights and relying on getting Proned? Or is it purely theoretical talk? I've found the monks at Crägholdt to be quick punchers that do heavy damage while your chant takes time to hurt them and fuel them with wounds to hit you even faster.

When I'm testing characters I usually fart around Cragholdt for a bit but no, I have to admit I don't have much extensive solo experience.

There is also the Black Sanctuary shield that you can use to cast withdraw on yourself and you'll chant while you're invincible, but that's probably more of an exploit that anything else. If you've got a priest a long then this is strategy that can be used (or abused) from level 1.

I have found in my many playthroughs that enemy PC Monks AI seems to be set to zooming towards the lowest deflection characters in range and landing Prone/Disables with any wounds that are available. Drunken Orlan is maybe more of a unique case, as if memory serves he used the Dichotomous Soul quite a lot. 

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7068 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Withdraw in solo game is not working very well. The encounter will end because you are gone - and your withdraw spell will end, too. It works if you first put out some summons though. 

Preservation shield + preservation item (for example Blaidh Golan hide armor + Solace medium shield) work really well with a chanter. Sure, if you get stunned you won't recite phrases, but you will sing if you suffer from prone. And besides that, you get near untouchable with +100 to all defenses. Sometimes the bonus doesn't get applies properly though.

Belfaldurnik

Belfaldurnik

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Steam:76561198141950631

Maybe I will return to some more testing with two stacking Preservation items some time. Relying on them increases the risk too much in my opinion. Prone duration isn't long and afterwards you take quick hits again doing lots of damage. I've played a bit with Kaoto's monks in various ways and didn't notice any substantial safety from the +100 bonus to defenses, because most of the time you are not Prone.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7068 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yeah, it's a bit risky. Especially because sometimes the bonus will not apply - and I can't determine what's the cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users