Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect Andromeda

well bang OK? Space Jesus Decline Culpa

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Valmy

Valmy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Steam:valmy77
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Sounds like trying to find the minerals in ME1.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Sounds like trying to find the minerals in ME1.

Yep. Pretty much the same thing.

Valmy

Valmy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Steam:valmy77
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That is kind of funny. I remember joking that with the endless slog of exploring wilderness zones in DAI, Bioware was returning to its Baldur's Gate roots. I guess Mass Effect is returning to its roots as well.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4940 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Does anyone know if the APEX strike teams do something for SP? I'm running them constantly from the app because the currency you get from that is necessary to purchase stuff in MP, but I'd like to know if you actually need to do something with them in SP.

The missions are returning a lot of loot, along with research points and minerals. That's probably a good thing because I won't have to bother looking for elfroot, but not so good in the sense that I probably have much better equipment than I'm supposed to. I just got a Reegar Carbine from a gold lootbox and it just melts faces. And I'm playing on Insanity...

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10745 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

If you decide to play those strike missions in MP, do you join someone's game or do you have to invite other players to join yours, in order to play through and complete the objectives?

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3151 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

As far as I know, the Apex Strike Missions are just a little extra hard for better rewards compared to the normal Strike Missions. They're all basically a fluffy reason for the multiplayer, and simply give you the option to use the fluff of them with the single-player game.

Also I believe it's set up so you can "seamlessly" go from single-player to multiplayer within the game, or at least, that's the theory they gave. Mechanically, there's no connection to any of the story.

Edit:

You get the option to host or join someone else who has hosted it. You get people playing the MP side will create the matches because Apex Missions give greater rewards, but do something like boost the damage of the enemies (or something along those lines) that increase the difficulty.

Edited by Raithe, Yesterday, 02:15 PM.

• GhostofAnakin likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10745 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hmm.  Not sure I like that "higher difficulty" thing in MP.  I remember playing at higher difficulties in ME3 MP.  It was okay as long as you had 3 other players who knew what they were doing and didn't bail as soon as it got tough, but far too often you'd either be stuck with players who sucked or who would quit mid-game and force you to take on hordes of enemies either by yourself or with one other person who didn't quit the lobby.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4940 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

As far as I know, the Apex Strike Missions are just a little extra hard for better rewards compared to the normal Strike Missions. They're all basically a fluffy reason for the multiplayer, and simply give you the option to use the fluff of them with the single-player game.

Also I believe it's set up so you can "seamlessly" go from single-player to multiplayer within the game, or at least, that's the theory they gave. Mechanically, there's no connection to any of the story.

Thanks, this is what I wanted to know. So nothing like in ME3 where it boosted your War Assets and Galactic Readiness to affect the endings, then? Just loot. Looks like they learned their lesson in that regard at least, then.

Re: difficulty. They aren't necessarily harder, rather they have specific modifiers. For instance, one is IIRC -50% weapon damage/+100% melee damage. If you have a melee build this actually makes the match easier.

I don't recommend attempting any but the APEX Bronze missions yourself, unless you have friends you can play them with. The random lobbies are filled with people obviously taking advantage of the "seamless transition" mentioned by Raithe, with level 1 characters and starter weapons... on silver and gold.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: well bang OK?, Space Jesus, Decline, Culpa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users