iOS Badge Stuck at 1

fflewddur

Question

At some point, Pathfinder's icon became adorned with a red "1" badge. I have gone into the app, played the game, visited the store, bought an adventure with gold, even looked at the credits! So I've now tapped on just about everything ... and the badge won't go away. It is unclear to me what part of Pathfinder is asking for my attention, so I do not know wther this is a bugged badge or whether there is some notification somewhere that I should be visiting to clear this thing.

So, first, is there something unobvious that would trigger a badge counter that I should look at? Or, second, is there a badge bug? (I know I can disable badges for Pathfinder, but I'd rather clear it if that's possible.)

4 answers to this question

The badge counter is letting you know there is a new Daily Challenge.  

Why it clears sometimes and not others..., I haven't a clue.  Try checking out the Challenge button or clear it manually in the notification center.

(I should add, this is iOS 10.2.1 on an iPad since I failed to mention that earlier.)

I did check the Challenge button. I've actually completed two daily challenges since that badge appeared. So no luck with that. Could it be the weekly challenge? That would seem odd, because the counter did not go ever up to 2 (1 for the daily, 1 for the weekly), I think.

I don't see a way to manually clear the badge count in the Notification Center. If that's an option I'm missing somewhere, I'd appreciate enlightenment.

Derp.  I meant Notifications Settings, not Notification Center.

1. Settings --> Notifications --> Pathfinder Adventures --> Badge App Icon (Turn off)

2. Return to home screen, verify the badge is gone

3. Go back to the settings app and turn Badge App Icon (Turn off)

It would probably be safe to turn off Notifications entirely.  So far, all it does is remind you once a day that there are new challenges.

Amusingly enough, you still get the notifications even when the challenge server flakes out.  It just seems to be a timed event, not a push notification from the server.

Derp.  I meant Notifications Settings, not Notification Center.

1. Settings --> Notifications --> Pathfinder Adventures --> Badge App Icon (Turn off)

2. Return to home screen, verify the badge is gone

3. Go back to the settings app and turn Badge App Icon (Turn off)

It would probably be safe to turn off Notifications entirely.  So far, all it does is remind you once a day that there are new challenges.

Amusingly enough, you still get the notifications even when the challenge server flakes out.  It just seems to be a timed event, not a push notification from the server.

Well, that didn't reset the badge count. But, since you've indicated the badge count is essentially useless, I'll just turn that off entirely. Developers should probably note that pushy or pointless notifications ultimately result in zero notifications.