Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Torment: Tides of Numenera Released

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
But atm I only game on Steam. While I have alot games via Origin and GoG, I found Steam to be a better place to play. So I'd like for it to come to Steam. If not, I guess I'll be missing on a great game. It's okay, I've survived this long :(

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2271 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Better place to play? I am confused but no need to explain as I won't be able to relate or even understand

Can't you add non Steam games to Steam though?

• marelooke likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3173 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
You can. I did this with most of my gog games.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I just recieved my physical copy (from the kickstarter).

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Did you get any tracking info or some such before delivery? I'm having this dread feeling that I will end up chasing my package the same way that I had to with LotER... (although that eventually worked out well enough).

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I had no warning that it was even shipping. If I hadn't been on staycation I would've had to pick it up at the post office after work.

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

That's not very promising. :(

I just read through a handful of Kickstarter comments to check for more info but there is only nerdrage and tears and come accusations that Brian was only lining his own pockets with the Kickstarter campaign.

kanisatha

kanisatha

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

That's not very promising. :(

I just read through a handful of Kickstarter comments to check for more info but there is only nerdrage and tears and come accusations that Brian was only lining his own pockets with the Kickstarter campaign.

Mine arrived today via UPS. They sent me an email last week that did have a tracking number.

kanisatha

kanisatha

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Is it really that great? I've been hearing mixed reviews...

I never played the first one lol I'm gonna wait til it gets a remaster/HD version. I don't care how long it takes.

A small group of disgruntled backers have been review bombing the game on Steam and GoG, and since people who are angry about something tend to post at a much higher rate than people who like something, the game has "mixed" reviews on those sites. Pro reviews of the game have been almost entirely superlative.

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4519 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Did you get any tracking info or some such before delivery? I'm having this dread feeling that I will end up chasing my package the same way that I had to with LotER... (although that eventually worked out well enough).

I received a UPS tracking number and an email from Techland both.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3179 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I received my physical copy a few days ago, and I did get several email messages beforehand that it was being prepared for delivery / actually shipping out and was given a tracking number for it.

Sharp_one

Sharp_one

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 673 posts

A patch was released today. No new content right now.

https://www.pcinvasi...h-1-02-released

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1869 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Completed it a couple of days ago.  I thought it was a generally good game that veered close to moments of brilliance but never quite got there.  My biggest complaint is the combat.  I groaned every single time I saw the words 'Crisis Initiated', and quickly set about trying to find the shortest way out of it.

Combat in PS:T wasn't amazing but at least I felt a sense of progression and had some epic spells to make things interesting.

I'll wait for the inevitable rebalancing patches before I consider a replay...but I do at least want to replay it, which is more than I can say for most games.

• Raithe and Jozape like this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2271 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Big new update out with a new companion added but I still think I'll wait until they are done adding/fixing before I do a second run

• Labadal likes this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Big new update out with a new companion added but I still think I'll wait until they are done adding/fixing before I do a second run

Even though I already bought it, I've been on hold for a first playthrough.

kensu

kensu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 77 posts

I think a lot of problems with the game are a result of the setting. A lot of why P:T was good was because of the Planescape setting, which despite its brief life was far more popular that similar attempts in D&D to create a planar campaign setting (see Spelljammer and the Immortals rules, which were nowhere as popular).  The whole thing was about belief and point of view; the one sentence summary of Planescape was: philosophers with clubs.

Numenera, on the other hand is: a world of trash-pickers. Among all the NPCs there is not a single philosopher, artist or scientist. Even the Changing God used technology he dug up and dusted off to do what he did.

And considering the game is concerned with the left-over bodies of the Changing God, it reinforces the trash motif. A more fitting name would have been Numenera:Refuse.

Yes, the game is all about trash, and that really isn't all the compelling. Perhaps if the designers had realized that, and built the game around the concept of wastefulness, I might be able to get behind it, but I don't think there was a single driving philosophy behind the whole thing, so it comes off as a bit arbitrary...

• Harry Easter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users