By the way: Google Translator translates to Hawaiian and also Samoan, Maori and other polynesian languagen. Teeth for example is "niho" (Hawaiian and Maori). 

"Jaw full of teeth" = "ā piha o nā niho". Gotta love that language. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By the way: Google Translator translates to Hawaiian and also Samoan, Maori and other polynesian languagen. Teeth for example is "niho" (Hawaiian and Maori). 

"Jaw full of teeth" = "ā piha o nā niho". Gotta love that language. :)

WIth that information, my suggestion for the name is now "Kaʻino Nahu".

Spanko'i Masteh'u 3000'koi

It's THE perfect weapon for a "Tank & Spank" setup.

Ouh... we could call it Spankenstein!

*stein (german) = stone. Obsidian = kind of stone... somehow ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Got news from Aarik, the Macuauitl is off the tables.

The team will not be able to create that weapon for us.

We will have to choose from a set of pre-selected weapons. I do not even know if that set includes bastard swords.

However, Aarik said we can have a weapon with an obsidian blade, that'd be okay.

As long as we don't know which weapons we will be able to choose from I don't see a point in setting up a poll about weapons to be honest.

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Hmm so, just out of curiosity I dug a bit deeper into the usage of obsidian by native Mesoamerican cultures.

First thing I found out was that the language of the word "Macuauitl" is called "Nahuatl". I know, the Macuauitl is off tables, but

I wanted to see if those cultures had different usage of obsidian as well.

By the way the Nahuatl word for "obsidian" is "itztli". Apparently there was also a God named "Itztli", the God of stone and sacrifice.

You can read more on the different uses of obsidian here. I find that pretty interesting.

Oh yeah by the way, another interesting fact:

"English words of Nahuatl origin include "avocado", "chayote", "chili", "chocolate", "atlatl", "coyote", "peyote", "axolotl" and "tomato"."

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)