Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

25 days left to KICKSTART the Black Isle Bastards (67% funded)! FULL REFUNDS upon failure! BIB badge does NOT count!

BIB Black Isle Bastards

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote on the Black Isle Bastards (223 member(s) have cast votes)

How should the player be able to interact with the Black Isle Bastards?

1. The Black Isle Bastards are a very tough, optional fight (53 votes [23.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.77%

2. The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of merchants (12 votes [5.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.38%

3. The player can become an honorific member of the Black Isle Bastards (70 votes [31.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.39%

4. The player helps the Black Isle Bastards with some kind of problem (79 votes [35.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.43%

5. No interaction possible, the player can only observe the Black Isle Bastards (5 votes [2.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

6. other (please specify in the comments) (4 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

What background should the Black Isle Bastards have?

1. The Black Isle Bastards are retired pirates who run an inn in their old ship (22 votes [10.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.09%

2. The Black Isle Bastards are some kind of failed "wanna-be" pirates (30 votes [13.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.76%

3. The Black Isle Bastards are retired corporate raiders who used their wealth to buy an island (37 votes [16.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.97%

4. The Black Isle Bastards are mutineers (8 votes [3.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.67%

5. The Black Isle Bastards are former slaves (10 votes [4.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.59%

6. The Black Isle Bastards are privateers of one nation tasked with raiding ships of another nation (19 votes [8.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.72%

7. The Black Isle Bastards are nobles who fight for the cause of common people (14 votes [6.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.42%

8. The Black Isle Bastards are literally bastards of noble families (75 votes [34.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.40%

9. other (please specify in the comments) (3 votes [1.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

rheingold

rheingold

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 767 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Personally I am not that interested in personal recognition, and to be honest I can't imagine that it would be an issue for anyone, in particular the large donors. Obviously I don't want to speak on their behalf, but backing a project like this in the first place suggests that it's simply not an issue for them. Put another way, if they wanted some in game recognition I'd imagine that they would have pledged a large amount individually as opposed to a group donation. So, the issue really is to get this funded first - then worry about the fine print.
  • Mirokunite, Fluffle, Messier-31 and 5 others like this

Pinsalinj

Pinsalinj

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ow, there are transaction fees? I didn't know that (never used Paypal before). I'll give a little bit more than 10 next month then. How much is the fee?

As for the whole "recognition" thing: I have other suggestions.

-Not have "ourselves" recognized but create imaginary victims of the Bastards. We could even pair up (as in make a team of two) to create this victim, its name/loot/other information we can put in.

-Have "ourselves" recognized with lore-friendly names but also make a team of two so we combine names and/or loot, fate, and whatever. This way we can have more people in, and I think it's fun to do.

We could also just give people who agree the option to form a team or not (it might be too complicated for some people), that would leave more freedom for everyone while still giving the possibility to include more people in total in the ledger.

What do you think of this?

• Ninjamestari, rheingold and gogocactus like this

rheingold

rheingold

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 767 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The team thing could work, it's a good idea. Just do divide the bibs into teams, (no idea how many there are in total) and let each team come up with their entry into the ledger. At least everyone would be a part of the process. As to how many in a team would depend on how many bibs there are v how many entries there are. Not sure how easy it is going to be in practice though, it's kinda like writing a haiku by committee.
  • gogocactus and Korin_Haller like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5249 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
All cool. Let's do this! :)
  • gogocactus and Korin_Haller like this

sp3cw4r

sp3cw4r

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wanted in on this but having trouble with PayPal.  :unsure:

Lost my account somehow so I created a new one, but they won't let me link the same bank account/credit card since it's still associated with the lost account. I could open up a new bank account I suppose, but what a hassle. I've asked PayPal about it well over a week ago now, haven't gotten a reply back.

No other payment options hmmm? 

TheisEjsing

TheisEjsing

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wanted in on this but having trouble with PayPal.   :unsure:

Lost my account somehow so I created a new one, but they won't let me link the same bank account/credit card since it's still associated with the lost account. I could open up a new bank account I suppose, but what a hassle. I've asked PayPal about it well over a week ago now, haven't gotten a reply back.

No other payment options hmmm? 

Yeah, paypal is a real bitch when you need to recover it. I had to make a new account. Luckily, I used my old card for the old paypal. I think the easiest path is to borrow someone's paypal, transfer them the amount directly and let them use paypal. Starting a new account or getting a new card seems like too much hassle.

• sp3cw4r and JerekKruger like this

Mirokunite

Mirokunite

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Doesn't Paypal have prepaid cards? If not you could always get a prepaid credit card with a amount on it, and tie that to a new Paypal account.

Korin_Haller

Korin_Haller

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Well I don't really care about the recognition, I'm just happy to be a part of this croudfund and making something LEGEN- wait for it -DARY!
I hope we will get to the final point and make the BIB a thing :)

Sorry for the offtopic, but I really must do this - WE HAVE THE BIB BADGES, ARRRRRR!

• Fluffle likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BIB, Black Isle Bastards

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

martinvc78, paladin181, Khagmas