Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not get)

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1637 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

This one is more reasonable that Obsidian paying for me to rent some office space, though still beyond what will probably be released. I'd love to see the Monk/Cipher multiclass have Reaping Knives as their default weapon. Obviously not as powerful as Reaping Knives are in PoE (at least not at low level) but I like the idea that the unarmed class, when combined with the Cipher would generate a sort of innate unarmed soul weapon.

• Ninjamestari and blotter like this

Taurus

Taurus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

A Dungeon Master mode. Or Arena/Horde mode. Whatever has fighting going on would be nice.

Yeh, sometimes I just wan´t to play Pillars to get some nice combats. 

Imagine being able to fight Adra Dragon and Sky Dragon at the same time?!? 

Or 20 crazed monks!

takamorisan

takamorisan

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

1) Weapon styles: Gain skills based on the weapon you are using. All spells, attacks and class skills gain a new way to use depending if you are using a wand, sword, hammer, axe, staf and such

2) Team/Flanking attacks: Everyone in this game, if they manage to surround someone they can execute flanking tactics and have 2 characters have to do their action at the same time against X enemy flanked

3)Improved Blood and Gore: Have a death animation for every kind of damage, Slashing, Blunt, Piercing and Elemental damage. For example: If you have killed an enemy with a slashing damage ability you can trigger decapitation, dismember animations, blunt you smash their heads into bits or go more sadistic where you smash someone knees and finish with a overhead strike in their chest. Ah if only animation didn't take a lot of money, animation and patience >:

amazeing4art

amazeing4art

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
I would love to see really good AI for creatures and your opponents as a real stretch goal. Good AI is hard to do ... but it can make a game amazing. The difference between Baldur's Gate II original AI vs the SCS mod... night and day! Really good AI means the game is vastly more replayable I think...especially on higher difficulty levels... learning the intracacies of how to use different classes to defeat smart opponents makes for a great game, again and again. Slightly stupid opponents, on the other hand, means that brute force alone (DPS behind your shieldwall, for example) is all you ever really need, no matter what classes are in your party. Even on POTD in current Pillars, the shieldwall/DPS strategy is mostly enough, with a normal size party anyway, and you don't have much fun with that after very long.

I know smarter AI like SCS is not easy to do though. But I'd love for Obsidian to try :)

Edited by amazeing4art, 09 February 2017 - 05:28 PM.

• Lord_Mord and evilcat like this

limaxophobiacq

limaxophobiacq

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is SCS AI really that smart? IIRC most of the added difficulty comes from enemy casters getting a bunch of spell-sequencers, auto pre-buffs, scrolls of immunity to magical weapons and some other protections, and being coded to cast all the really broken spells, which can't really be called AI improvements.

For obsidian to do the equivalent and give all the enemies a bunch of scrolls of Paralysis and Maelstorm and scripting them to spam those and all the best spells in the game on repeat would really be rather dreadfull.

Edit: Not to put down the work of the SCS mod. Writing the individual scripts for every mage in the game must have been an insane amount of work, and the general improvements to targeting and giving smarter responses to PC actions are real AI improvements.

Edited by limaxophobiacq, 09 February 2017 - 07:03 PM.

• illathid likes this

evilcat

evilcat

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 461 posts

Extra gore and finishers is not something i would put into "never happen" category.

It is interesting topic about AI. And how player perceive it.

In crpg AI dont have to be smart (its not rts) but feel so, or make player think a little. (more complex action but not chores)

One way to do so is puzzle fights, have a way to make fight easier if you have right tools or do special things. But can always brute force.

The thing is that i may not spot good ai since (stunlock is so cool) every fight is different and its more about enemy abilities not surrounding. Also fights are short.

Edited by evilcat, 09 February 2017 - 06:25 PM.

marc2ster

marc2ster

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I would like to be able to set my own markers on the map with a small description. This wouldn't be hard to implement and would feel more realistic. For example if you find a strong enemy somewhere or an interesting place you want to visit again at a later time :)

• rjshae, Whosdriving, Boeroer and 1 other like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5700 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Oh, good idea. Why didn't I ask that when the stream was running? Stupid me...

But wait... that idea is totally reasonable, not crazy. Off with you! ;)

Edited by Boeroer, 10 February 2017 - 07:09 AM.

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4320 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Since theres already unlimited inventory capacity to remove the back-and-forth of looting, maybe an unlimited camping supplies capacity to do the same? One not tied to difficulty level.

Perhaps an "iron rations" camping supply option that can be used an unlimited number of times, but the party takes various "Exposure" penalties for resting.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Perhaps an "iron rations" camping supply option that can be used an unlimited number of times, but the party takes various "Exposure" penalties for resting.

I challenge you to rubber swords at dawn, good sir! :p

I definitely would not want yet another "pain mechanic", now mixed in with Resting. :wacko:

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6914 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

something we mentioned elsewhere.  might as well add to this thread.

godless priest option.  for either a starting character, or even moreso for a player who played a priest in poe1, we would like for the developers to consider a godless priest option.  d&d 3e provided for priests (and paladins) who were guided by ideals rather than a specific deity to nevertheless gain priestly powers.  sure, certain campaign worlds (e.g. forgotten realms) precluded the godless priest option, but the core rules envisioned such priests.

given the big reveal o' poe 1, we would like the developers to consider adding one additional subclass for priests: the godless.  sure, wouldn't be universal appropriate, but for priest characters who are understandable conflicted 'bout remaining a priest o' magran, a godless option would be a nifty solution.  doesn't take too much creativity to explain how such a thing works.

is a crazy idea.  am thinking it is a good idea.

HA! Good Fun!

• ShadySands, eselle28, Lord_Mord and 1 other like this

Ganrich

Ganrich

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Stronghold in Deadfire is a ship, it's upgradable, and there is ship combat when traveling between islands. You would have a couple ocean maps for variety. Some just water in both shallow and deep water, some with islands here and there, and some are rocky areas where you would expect shipwrecks and the like. Those maps need only be traveled once as you travel to an island for the first time. I would enjoy some random encounters after that, but I know a lot of people don't like random encounters. So I could go either way.

injurai

injurai

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Stronghold in Deadfire is a ship, it's upgradable, and there is ship combat when traveling between islands. You would have a couple ocean maps for variety. Some just water in both shallow and deep water, some with islands here and there, and some are rocky areas where you would expect shipwrecks and the like. Those maps need only be traveled once as you travel to an island for the first time. I would enjoy some random encounters after that, but I know a lot of people don't like random encounters. So I could go either way.

​What if your keep was actually a "hidden cove." And you start with a crudy rickety ship. During ship combat you can commandeer an opposing ship and take it for yourself. Swinging onto the new ship. Or you can simply sink it, take prisoners, take loot, etc. You have to spend money to "refit" a ship if you steal it, otherwise you can't use it to head back into port.

• HangedMan and Ganrich like this

Ganrich

Ganrich

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

​What if your keep was actually a "hidden cove." And you start with a crudy rickety ship. During ship combat you can commandeer an opposing ship and take it for yourself. Swinging onto the new ship. Or you can simply sink it, take prisoners, take loot, etc. You have to spend money to "refit" a ship if you steal it, otherwise you can't use it to head back into port.

I'd be fine with that too. I think scripted interactions would be great for boarding an enemy vessel, and then you could load onto the deck of that ship for a quick combat. Sounds like a winner to me.
  • HangedMan likes this

Madscientist

Madscientist

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I want to have the adra dragon in PoE2 (at least if you freed him in PoE1).

I want him to be a party member or at least a mayor character in a quest or two.

The fight against the kraken (PoE2 main title image) looks good. I want to fight the kraken from WM2 (if you did not kill him). If you killed him I want to fight the undead version of the kraken.

I want to capture a dragon and tie him in front of my ship. The new version of fast travel.

I want to have a black isle in the game. Its has a big vulcano and there is lots of vulcanic glass (guess how geologists call this stuff). You will meet the black mage "Feargus the Great" and you got to help him in an epic quest to fight hordes of bugs. (In divine divinity there is a secret area where you must save the devs from bugs. OK, Larian is known for their 4th wall breaking insane humor).

evilcat

evilcat

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Ascension levels. Levels you start after completing level 20th. You need to learn truth about Adra and Engwiniah. It is very connected to Eora Lora. Character learns not only his masterful skills but how to manipulate reality. Soul, skill, magic is all tied together now and use simultaniously. We can just choose how to manifest it. We are not ArchBarbarian but can learn how to slow time for others and move as Lighting. Or exist in two places at one time. Or punch someone in the face so hard, his soul will leak the other side. There is no magic. Just understanding world. There is no gods, but we could make one. But the futher we go the more strict we need to be with our rules, since without rules there is no shape, and we just melt in reality.

Edited by evilcat, 10 February 2017 - 05:51 PM.

Rolandur

Rolandur

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

• Ascension levels. Levels you start after completing level 20th. You need to learn truth about Adra and Engwiniah. It is very connected to Eora Lora. Character learns not only his masterful skills but how to manipulate reality. Soul, skill, magic is all tied together now and use simultaniously. We can just choose how to manifest it. We are not ArchBarbarian but can learn how to slow time for others and move as Lighting. Or exist in two places at one time. Or punch someone in the face so hard, his soul will leak the other side. There is no magic. Just understanding world. There is no gods, but we could make one. But the futher we go the more strick we need to be with our rules, since without rules there is no shape, and we just melt in reality.

strict* -- I would of never grammar-policed if it weren't that word =)

gibonez

gibonez

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Steam:naviles516

Please let slavery be a thing.

I want to be an evil slavemaster anti paladin who roams the high seas with a ship full of human cargo off to sell in the market.

• blotter likes this

injurai

injurai

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Please let slavery be a thing.

I want to be an evil slavemaster anti paladin who roams the high seas with a ship full of human cargo off to sell in the market.

​Somebody can't wait for Tyranny 2.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1637 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Days with an even number of hours in them. Ideally 24 since, given that the number of hours in a day is a choice made by humans not some absolute cosmic invariant, the game may as well make it something relatable to us Earth humans. Failing that though, at least have Eoran's sleep for a third of a day, rather than eight twenty-sevenths.

• Varana and Leeuwenhart like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users