Very good question.
When I was starting my second playthrough, I have given that enough of thought.
There are few things that we can take in consideration:
- you need one mechanics guy;
- you would want your steady dps guys have 4 or 10 survival for the bonus accuracy vs creature
- you might want your burst characters with no high bonus dmg coefficients (like a quick-switching ranger) to have 6 or 12 survival for the bonus damage vs flanked
- you might want a character with maxed per and int (if you have such) to have ability to cast cc-scrolls
- you might want a character with maxed mig and int (if you have such) to have ability to cast healing-scrolls
- you might want a character with maxed mig, int and per (if you have such) to have ability to cast aoe dmg-scrolls
- you might want to take into account opportunity cost
.- every moment a character is using a scroll, he is not doing something else
.- a character with low amount of abilities or spells, might be partially "idling" if he doesn't have the ability to use scrolls.
- chanters, ciphers and wizards get a +1 bonus to mechanics
- rogues get a +2 bonus to mechanics
Taking into account all of the above, my mech guy would be (in descending order):1. cipher
- because he doesn't really need scrolls (as he'd better keep attacking and using powers); and can take 4 points in survival and bump the rest in mechanics
- has innate +1 bonus2. rogue
- but only if my party is short on CC, because otherwise I'd like to exploit deathblows+scrolls combinations (+30 starting acc). On the other hand, if my party is short on CC, why do I have a rogue in the group? This would also mean that rogue has to be able to use cc-scrolls, so back to lore again.
- has innate +2 bonus3. wizard
- because wizard has low starting acc and I don't always skill lore on them
- because he already has enough stuff to do in a fight
- because he also has a +1 bonus to mechanics
On a wider perspective I was also wondering which skills are really useful for a Barb.
Depends on the type of that barbarian.
- for a dps or interrupt barb: [4 or 10] in survival; or [6 or 12] in survival if you have a cipher with Phantom Foes.
- for a cc/interrupt barb: [4 or 10] in survival for the extra acc
- for a tank barb: could consider [8 or 14] in survival for the extra healing
- if barb has maxed int: could consider investing in lore. Specifically:
.- maxed [int]: any defensive scrolls
.- maxed combination of [int + per]: could consider 6 in lore for scrolls of paralysis | or maybe even 8 for confusion + valor (although valor doesn't require per)
.- maxed combination of [mig + int]: could consider 8 in lore for scrolls of moonwell
.- maxed combination of [mig + int + per]: could consider 10 in lore for scrolls of maelstrom, boiling spray and insect swarm
Edited by MaxQuest, 07 February 2017 - 03:46 AM.