Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

#Deadfire Q&A Twitch Stream with Josh Sawyer and Adam Brennecke

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3218 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ehy Aarik, it would be nice if you will chooose some graphic\engine related question since Adam will be there.

That, and keep any lore-related questions for a Carrie Patel Twitch Q&A (because you're totally gonna do one, right?)

ruzen

ruzen

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

@Aarik D

Although PoE got high praises from the press and after great patches, eventually, from fans as well, The backer numbers look significantly lower than the first campaign.

Do you think crowdfunding losing its hype or fans expected more new features from a new game? Or why do you think that is?

Edited by ruzen, 08 February 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Lamppost in Winter

Lamppost in Winter

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Might as well give it a shot

1. Does Accuracy still target every defense?
  2. I liked the absence of mandatory "epic" battles in the main quest of PoE, apart from the final boss, and how the Watcher's importance wasn't due to to their combat prowess. Without spoiling too much, can we expect Deadfire to follow this model?
  3. Again, without spoiling too much, can you say if Deadfire will have more varied ways to resolve main quests, and if so, will the characters recognise how the Watcher may prefer to solve problems, whether through combat, diplomacy, stealth, etc.?

Joral

Joral

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Damn it. I missed the livecast hopefully it will be on Youtube soon. Did they say anything about the walk toggle requests ?.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1783 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Damn it. I missed the livecast hopefully it will be on Youtube soon. Did they say anything about the walk toggle requests ?.

You can watch it from Twitch.tv as well

• Beardmore 3 likes this

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1700 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

They say it'll be up on youtube Friday. 

Doppelschwert

Doppelschwert

Sword Enthusiast of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I stayed up into the middle of the night for this yesterday, but I haven't recognised a single question from the first page of this thread being adressed.

Did they just skip this thread completely in favour for twitter and twitch questions or did I miss something?

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3218 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
They did answer a few questions from this thread; I think all Twitter questions and only a few from Twitch near the end.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 09 February 2017 - 01:16 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6212 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Really? I read through the questions here again and I don't recognize any of them being answered on the stream. One/two similar questions came from Twitter.

Answering questions from Twitch towards the end of the stream is very chaotic. Once they start doing that the chat gets flooded with stupid nonsense which obscures the good questions. And the 120 sec delay doesn't help much because there are too many people chatting. Maybe I will post questions on Twitter next time - but I don't like Twitter very much. I would be very thankful if resonable questions from this forum would be answered, too.

At least we got an answer on the bashing stuff.

Edited by Boeroer, 09 February 2017 - 02:09 AM.

• Doppelschwert, theBalthazar and MaxQuest like this

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

60 % Twitter.

10 % Half of Usha's questions (this topic)

30 % Chat.

= This forum : forgotten realm.

Edited by theBalthazar, 09 February 2017 - 02:28 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3218 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I think the main takeaway from the stream is that Dimitri Berman loves Satan and he's therefore my new favorite developer at Obsidian.
  • ShadySands, Boeroer and the_dog_days like this

ushas

ushas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

60 % Twitter.

10 % Half of Usha's questions (this topic)

30 % Chat.

= This forum : forgotten realm.

I'm yet to watch it via youtube video. I suppose for those of us out of twitter and twitch, this thread is the only option.

I have a gut feeling that there will be another Q&A next week or so. So what about reposting unanswered questions? In case it's first serve, I promise I will try not to be the first one next time;) Really liked many queries you guys posted in this thread. Also twitter will get tired in time...

Btw., I think, there are one or two questions which were a sort of answered elsewhere. For example, from the first Q&A - about enchantable headgear:

Prime Junta: Will there be enchantable hats? There's a fashion statement I need to make and I don't want to suffer for it.

JS: We are redoing our enchant systems. I can't remember if hats are actually part of that scheme. I do know that a lot of people have requested it. Nothing would prevent it, it would just be a matter of us making recipes and things so that you could enchant hats. And we probably want those to be specific to hats, not just something that's generic across things.

Edited by ushas, 09 February 2017 - 05:31 AM.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

They did answer a few questions from this thread; I think all Twitter questions and only a few from Twitch near the end.

Really? I read through the questions here again and I don't recognize any of them being answered on the stream. One/two similar questions came from Twitter.

If I got it right, the following questions from this thread got answered:
Ushas (3/10):
- Are Backgrounds in? If yes, in what form and shape?
- If the list of races is the same, what changes can we expect in the terms of reactivity?
- So scripted interactions are supposed to be different and incorporate portraits, if I recall correctly. Can you elaborate on the changes and improvements?

Boeroer (1/10)
- Will there be throwing weapons? (answer was: it's not their current focus)
+ a question about bashing shields (asked from the stream) (answer was: bashing shields were not intended to be crappy; they will look into this, and into single-weapon as well)

KaineParker (0/5)

DozingDragon (1/6)
- Will you reveal at least one Wizard subclass for the stream? (the answer was no. he will reveal it via twitter)

Dolash (0/3)

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy (1/16)
- similarly, will the environmental effects ever matter in combat, or are they just visual? Will the wind and the rain ever push us around? (if I got it right: answer was that they intend to make it a stretch goal)

CaptainHammer (1/3?)
- Was the specific use of a feminine pronoun for Berath intended or a typo? (A: not sure if intentional, but yes she is female)

Doppelschwert (0/2)
Gromnir (0?/7?)

ShadySands (0/4)

AndreaColombo (0/2)

CottonWolf (1/1)
- What underlying change the game mechanics from PoE1 to 2 do you think has had the biggest positive effect on the game? (answer was: none specifically; mostly refinements in everything)

theBalthazar (0/5)

TEEN ANIME WITCH (0/3)

MaxQuest (0/15) (or 1/15, as someone asked a somewhat similar question about AI) (answer: they intend to improve enemies difficulty via behavioral means and not just increasing their stats)

Mazisky (0/1)

Joral (0/3)

Approximate total: 9/96. Three times less than I expected... But well, that's ok I guess... (as they might not have the answers just yet...)
I'm only sad that we didn't get any new info/thoughts on the multi-class balancing. (as stuff explained at 18:00-18:47 was already known).

Edited by MaxQuest, 10 February 2017 - 05:17 AM.

• ShadySands likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6212 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

As I said: there were similar questions here and on twitter - it's perfectly fine to summarize them. No problem with that. So you could say some (few) questions from here were answered.

My questions about throwing weapons and bashing were yelled into the chat at the end of the stream (not exclusively by me, but also by me). :) Especially the throwing weapons got asked so many times it was hard to ignore. These were the questions I considered to be the least interesting ones to be honest. I really would have liked to know about the bad sorting in the stash (because it affects the performance of the game a lot on older cmputers) and the command queueing (make it visible). But it's hard for me to yell such complicated things into the chat with a few words only. "Throwing weapons??? Come ON!!!" was much easier. ;)  

Edited by Boeroer, 09 February 2017 - 07:59 AM.

• MaxQuest likes this

CrusherEAGLE

CrusherEAGLE

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
Great to know! Was hoping they would answer it on the stream, simply just to raise awareness and maybe encourage people to donate, but thank you for answering!

Doppelschwert

Doppelschwert

Sword Enthusiast of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

If I got it right, the following questions from this thread got answered:

You forgot both of my (unanswered) questions in your tally, so the ratio is at least a bit worse than that.

Edited by Doppelschwert, 09 February 2017 - 11:19 AM.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6954 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

not to be too suspicious, but am suspecting the first post in this thread after aarik were a plant.  

HA! Good Fun!

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Damn, I missed this. Hope there'll be another one!

ushas

ushas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I guess you are trolling, Gromnir. I don't mind. But just in case somebody takes it seriously:) you are free to search for my posts. I don't remember much, but if I recall we even tried to pinpoint a few wrongly programmed lines in the code in the past. That would be hilarious.

Look, I'm also unhappy many questions didn't make it through, even mine which interest me most didn't, judging by the MaxQuest's summary. As I said I can post later next time, for others to have more chance, if that makes a difference. But I'm not going to back off simply because somebody sees me as an intruder for whatever reason. We all are interested in various things. I remember PoE forums more welcoming in the beta times. But I guess there are just not yet many people in this subforum these days?

As for the questions, I think, it probably helps to make them short for the streaming purposes.

Damn, I missed this. Hope there'll be another one!

​According to the wiki page, there is going to be another one next week.

• algroth likes this

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1164 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You forgot both of my (unanswered) questions in your tally, so the ratio is at least a bit worse than that.

Pardon)
Have added them to tally.

Also for anyone interested, here's the transcript made by Fereed: link

Edited by MaxQuest, 10 February 2017 - 05:18 AM.

• Boeroer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users