Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

#Deadfire Q&A Twitch Stream with Josh Sawyer and Adam Brennecke

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Do you plan on having a walk toggle so party members can walk instead of running while out of combat if we want them to?
  • Joral likes this

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What underlying change the game mechanics from PoE1 to 2 do you think has had the biggest positive effect on the game?

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Questions :

1) Are you going to make the prestigious "soulbound items" more attractive ?

2) The arrival of immunities (priest) add beneficial mastery in the game, will you continue in this way in terms of meta-game?

3) Do you think you can improve the pathfinding in PoE 2? Similarly, the reaction of the characters when they can not perform an action?

4) Are you going to make a game mode more difficult than Path of the damned?

5) Are you going to continue to give real meaning to skills? (Such as survival)

Edited by theBalthazar, 08 February 2017 - 05:10 AM.

TEEN ANIME WITCH

TEEN ANIME WITCH

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

1. There seems to be three art styles used so far during development of Pillars 2 – the main character portraits, the secondary watercolour portraits and the pen & ink style used for Eothas crushing the chapel and for full body drawings of the main companions. Is this pen & ink style used during the Fig campaign going to be present in the main game or is it purely concept art e.g. will Pallegina's pen & ink drawing be used for ending slides or some in game event?

2. If any dlcs or expansions are planned for Pillars 2, will they take place during the game or after?

3. Will the blessing we recieved from one of the gods near the end of Pillars 1 be commented on in Pillars 2? Undead Raedric recognises that you are Berath's Champion if you confront him after getting the blessing in Pillars 1 and I thought that was pretty cool

Edited by TEEN ANIME WITCH, 08 February 2017 - 09:31 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Can you make characters turn to face you when you initiate dialog with them (and similarly, your characters turn to face NPCs who initiate dialog with them)?

kujeger

kujeger

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Storage and download requirements of pre-rendered maps are no doubt an important aspect when deciding what resolution they are in when shipping the game.

Would optional downloadable area maps/backgrounds in higher resolution be something you'd consider?

Many of the maps in PoE look a bit poor because of their row resolution when I play the game, so optional post-release downloads for those with disk to spare and high-resolution monitors would be very nice.

• AndreaColombo likes this

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

We're having another Q&A stream with Josh and Adam on Wednesday Feb. 8th 4PM PST on our twitch channel.

So...Feb 9th 2AM EET... I hope there will be a text version of this :)

You are also free to list your questions here!

Great)

General questions:
- How will you scale monk's ability to gain wounds? (without nerfing his early game) (and with lategame dipping in mind)
- Carnage will not generate focus, right? But will carnage still allow for weapon procs?
- Will Godlike races get headgear? Or at least headbands?
- Will there be barrier spells? I.e. spells which do not heal, but prevent x amount of damage?
- Will there be enchants similar to Durgan refinements?
- Will there still be weapons with speed enchant? Will we be able to apply this enchant ourselves?
- If you are going to make weapons (that you find early in the game) obsolete (as the game goes on) by limiting their capacity of being augmented by more powerful enchants - it means there will be less unique weapon options in the late game. Will you add twice as more unique weapons, or do you have other plan to circumvent a possible situation where there are only a few optimal lategame weapons? 

- Weapon sets: will you allow to assign the same weapon to different weapon sets? Let's say I hold a single sword x, but once engaged to swap to sword x + shield y? (it could be similar to NWN2 sets)

- It looks like PoE1 (at some point) had a stealth / sound alert system in mind; with spells and attacks alerting NPCs and they would rush to join an ongoing fight. Any plans for this? 
- Sneak attacks deal bonus damage vs vulnerable or flanked enemies. Since some monsters/classes won't have engagement slots (unless they invest into), will this mean that they are flanked by default?
- Will enemy AI (at least for high-lvl humanoids), be intelligent enough to focus fire someone?

Power Level/Source questions:
- Will the damage formula for spells use power_level or power_source_points?
- Will this ^ affect damage multiplicatively or additively (in line with might coefficient)?
- Will a character get access to the Rank of spells, his respective Power Level is equal to?
- If Empower will add 3 power levels to a next spell cast, how will you balance it's relative benefit in early vs late game (i.e. situation when you have low current power level vs high power level). At the moment it looks like Empower will become weaker as the game progresses. (1 vs 1+3; 9 vs 9+3)

And I will echo Boeroer's question:
- Will you rework unarmed combat, namely Novice's Suffering and Transcendent Suffering?
The way it is done now results in nearly the same damage for grazes, hits an crits because all damage modifiers only apply to the whimpy base damage and not to the bonus that the Suffering talents will give you. This also makes things like Savage Attack, Sneak Attack and all other base damage modifiers a bad pick for unarmed characters.

Edited by MaxQuest, 08 February 2017 - 06:07 AM.

• limaxophobiacq and AndreaColombo like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Storage and download requirements of pre-rendered maps are no doubt an important aspect when deciding what resolution they are in when shipping the game.

Would optional downloadable area maps/backgrounds in higher resolution be something you'd consider?
Many of the maps in PoE look a bit poor because of their row resolution when I play the game, so optional post-release downloads for those with disk to spare and high-resolution monitors would be very nice.

+1 billion

CrusherEAGLE

CrusherEAGLE

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

My question is, does Obsidian give to charity? What charitable organizations do they support? I hope it's not too off-topic of a question!

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Are we going to get a green fireball that does corrode damage?
  • Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5592 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Are we going to get a green fireball that does corrode damage?

Argh! *shakes his blue-furred fist*

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Oh, how are you going to handle Watchers who are originally from Deadfire? As they should know more about the region than other characters, it would be easy to make them look like idiots if it were ignored.

• AndreaColombo and Boeroer like this

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6860 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

so, what does it sound like when doves cry?

HA! Good Fun!

• Sylvus_Moonbow likes this

Mazisky

Mazisky

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 425 posts

Can we have some infos about the main city of the game ( Neketaka)?

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3120 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Holy guacamole that is a ton of questions! Great job guys! We have a lot of questions coming in from twitter as well, so I can't promise that all of these will be answered. 

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3120 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

My question is, does Obsidian give to charity? What charitable organizations do they support? I hope it's not too off-topic of a question!

Great Questions CrusherEAGLE,

We actually support the Extra Life charity, which helps support the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals! Which we do during our late night streams here at Obsidian and raise money for. 

You can find out more information here:

Extra Life

Obsidian Twitch Channel

How to Donate

• rjshae, AndreaColombo, ManifestedISO and 2 others like this

Joral

Joral

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

1. = I am also wanting to know if you will have a walk toggle this time as well (and No, I don't mean stealth creeping or "Slow Mode"). To me this is an important part of a RPG, and strongly affects my feeling of immersion in a game.

2. = What items (if Any) can carry over from the first game. And will you at minimum allow us to keep a favorite pet.

3. = Specifically for Cyphers (I am using Torment: ToN as an example) Will we have an ability similar to "Read surface thoughts". Since I tried torment it has seemed unusual that Cyphers don't have more non combat uses/option's, like reading surface thoughts and/or determining some of a persons opinion. 

• Lamppost in Winter likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Holy guacamole that is a ton of questions! Great job guys! We have a lot of questions coming in from twitter as well, so I can't promise that all of these will be answered. 

You may drop my question about the green fireball: It was mostly tongue-in-cheek ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo, 08 February 2017 - 01:33 PM.

• Aarik D likes this

Mazisky

Mazisky

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 425 posts

Ehy Aarik, it would be nice if you will chooose some graphic\engine related question since Adam will be there.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6860 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

You may drop my question about the green fireball: It was mostly tongue-in-cheek ;)

don't drop our dove question, 'cause while it is likewise tongue-in-cheek, we figure it is more likely to get an answer than our other queries, with the possible exception o' the one 'bout cassowary ranger companions.

HA! Good Fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users