Pillars of Eternity: Edition upgrades on GOG.com

I prepurchased the Champion Edition on GOG.com with the understanding that there would be upgrade options at a later time to the higher tiered editions. Nearly a year later the promised upgrade options are still not available despite availability on Steam. My intention was to buy the game, and a month or so later to buy the Royal upgrade. But that has not materialized yet and my question is: What gives? Why are you keeping money out of your own pocket?

I am not the only person on GOG.com who wanted to upgrade their purchase, was told it would be an option, and then got stuck waiting. I'm not spending another $60 (Champion Edition) or $90 (Royal Edition) for a game I already paid $45 for. So What gives? If I read it right, Steam has the upgrade pack options, so why screw over the GOG crowd? Is it because we are fewer in number? I don't understand the mentality. Is it too hard to release upgrade options (for out of game goodies at that) for a game on the GOG platform? What is going on here?

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1