Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The BEST 3 RPGs you have ever played

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

IamNOOB

IamNOOB

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts

I saw one dungeon siege fan :) Thumb up for this. But truth is that Dungeon siege was not a good game - playable but nothing much. I played them all even though they kind of do not shine.

Fenixp

Fenixp

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1510 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp

A lot of people mentioning Witcher 3.

Well, I'd say it was just an absolutely exceptional storytelling experience with one of the most beautiful open worlds I've ever seen, but it ... Just ... Wasn't a very good RPG. It embodied the worst things you can find in the genre - completely illogical character progression that made sense neither lore-wise (Geralt getting thrown back to lvl1 power-wise after all he's been through) nor gameplay-wise (why do lvl12 bandits have clubs that do 100x more damage than lvl7 master crafted sword?), character development that was rather inconsequential (regardless of which skills you took, you were still a guy swinging a sword and using magic) and boring (+5% attack damage. Yay.) with rather abysmal encounter design (Why are there lvl1 drowners here and identical lvl10 drowners down the river, but the latter somehow having much sharper claws?) and if I've ever seen an argument for why is level scaling sometimes a good thing, Witcher 3 was it ("Help! Kill these drowners that are attacking me, master Witcher, like you killed those over there!" "Okay. But you'll have to wait for 3-5 hours because these drowners are lvl10 and those I killed were lvl1, so... I'll have to level up, see.")

darqleo

darqleo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ultima IV
Baldur's Gate 2
Fallout

Heijoushin

Heijoushin

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 670 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Only 3 is REALLY difficult.

My favorite Western RPGs:

Icewind Dale 1&2

Neverwinter Nights 2

Vampire: Bloodlines

Arcanum

(Honorable Mention) Ultima 8 -> for all its flaws, this game really made a big impact on me as a kid.

Favorite J-RPGs

Final Fantasy 7,8,10

Devil Survivor 1&2

Persona 3,4,5

Bravely Default

Fire Emblem: Awakening

And Pokemon, though Pokemon has become a little stale over the years with constant repetition of the same formula.

Edited by Heijoushin, Yesterday, 05:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users