Care to guess the names of the other multiclasses?

Juggernaut should be Barbarian/Paladin.

oath taker

HA! Good Fun!

Oathbinder? Although, would imply correlation to Woedica.

Oathbinder would seem to fit both Barbarian/Paladin and Barbarian/Priest, to my mind.

Spoiler country!

What Class would you consider Thaos to be? He shows off lots of Zeal for Woedica, and he has both Faith to her/it, as well as "Rage" or "Wrath" against the world? (In a general sense). Something with Oath would definately fit Paladin/Barbarian or Priest/Barbarian.

Dignifier? :p

Priest/Barbarian = Oathbinder, or even better, Priest/Paladin

Edited by Osvir

Dual-Daggers and Flames of Devotion indicate a priest with roguish tendencies.  Certainly the way that he operates is fairly roguish.  His mind abilities indicate a cipher, but he doesn't use any of those in combat.  So yes, a rogue / priest which could fall under the name Charlatan, Heretic, Cultist, or Inquisitor.  Heretic certainly doesn't work. The rest work well, but I would pick Inquisitor because of the psionic abilities.

• Like 1

Spoiler country!

What Class would you consider Thaos to be? He shows off lots of Zeal for Woedica, and he has both Faith to her/it, as well as "Rage" or "Wrath" against the world? (In a general sense). Something with Oath would definately fit Paladin/Barbarian or Priest/Barbarian.

Dignifier? :p

Priest/Barbarian = Oathbinder, or even better, Priest/Paladin

Thaos also has crazy cipher powers though, what with body transferring and such. He might be a one-off unique class created by Woedica.

It's been a while, but I think I'll drop a few more in here for old time's sake. There could very well be repetitions of names people have already come up with before in this thread. I'd actually be much more surprised if there weren't any repeats here, but I just can't bring myself to slog back through all 11 pages of this thread and check. So I apologize to anyone I've inadvertently copied/plagiarized in advance.

-Barbarian/Druid - Totemist.

-Barbarian/Monk - Dervish, Mauler. I seem to recall know that they've already settled on Brawler, but I think either of those names or any number of others would be better. YMMV.

-Barbarian/Priest - Fury, but only if Nemesis (see below) isn't used.

-Chanter/Cipher - Muse.

-Chanter/Fighter - I'd say Warrior-Poet's too on the nose, but even so, I think it's less tacky and derivative than Bladesinger. I'm sure there's something better out there either way.

-Chanter/Priest - Syncretist.

-Chanter/Ranger - Trailblazer.

-Chanter/Rogue - Charlatan, Mocker.

-Chanter/Wizard - Archivist.

-Cipher/Monk or Cipher/Paladin - Incarnate.

-Cipher/Priest - Contemplative.

-Cipher/Ranger - Nemesis; they can track you anywhere while using their powers to drive you mad and kill you, so I think it works thematically. Then again, maybe it's better suited for a Priest/Rogue, since that does a better job of matching the religious associations.

-Cipher/Rogue - Haunt (with the dialectical meaning of ghost; not the standard meaning of a place people hang out), Mirage, Nightmare. Eidolon, used in the sense of a vague or spectral existence might also work in the same way, but if you used its other meaning as an idealized representation, it could fit a Cipher/Paladin just as well. 

Basically, I'm just twisting around grasping for terms like Phantom or Spectre since we already have monsters that go by those names.

-Cipher/Wizard - Channeller, Conduit, Savant.

-Druid/Ranger - Sylvan.

-Fighter/Rogue - Executioner.

-Monk/Ranger - Hermit. Or Eremite, if you want to use a more archaic term.

Edited by blotter

Paladin/Barbarian = Grudge Bearer

Having a "Grudge" being the "Rage" part in of itself, but also "Bearing" it with "Zeal". Being devoted to the grudge :p sorry, the reasoning is terrible but I find it a pretty neat and fitting title/name, in context of "Rage" and "Zeal" combined.

Edited by Osvir

but I find it a pretty neat and fitting title/name, in context of "Rage" and "Zeal" combined.

Avenger could work along similar lines, and I know I've seen that one here for sure, but I like it better for a Paladin/Rogue for some reason.

Edit: You could also toss Vindicator into the mix. Its modern definition doesn't have much to do with rage per se, but I think it's etymologically related to 'vindictive' and there are connotations of struggle and triumph to the idea of vindication that might fit the concept of aggression paired with zeal.

Edited by blotter

Avenger is the official one for Rogue/Druid.

Here is a neat compiled list/graph (Everything that's Blue and has quotations "" are official if I understood it correctly).

I think it's a throwback to the Druid Avenger kit in Baldur's Gate 2.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

Here is a neat compiled list/graph (Everything that's Blue and has quotations "" are official if I understood it correctly).

I think it's a throwback to the Druid Avenger kit in Baldur's Gate 2.

Ah. Yeah, Avenger works pretty well for a Druid/Rogue; better than Liberator does for a Druid/Paladin anyway. 

Thanks for the chart. It's pretty handy.

Here is a neat compiled list/graph (Everything that's Blue and has quotations "" are official if I understood it correctly).

I think it's a throwback to the Druid Avenger kit in Baldur's Gate 2.

I've been looking for something like that! Thread should restart with those pinned to the top really.

I rather have Barbarian/Druid as Shaman rather than Barbarian/Wizard.

Edited by Skie Nightfall

✔ Certified Bat Food

I had great fun reading this thread and picking out the names that captured the multiclasses beautifully. Here's my own shortlist with refs to the originators.

The blue cells appear to have been said by Josh. Direct references are followed by a dash, inspirations are in parentheses, and the rest are my own.

I'm really hoping the devs aren't setting their announced titles in stone just yet!

11av1mp.jpg

Edit: Cipher/Priest: Inquisitor - Hilfazer

I see someone here came up with Chanter/Priest as Cantor as well. Once I saw someone suggest that elsewhere I started my (so far) last completionist run of PoE with a chanter just for the slight chance they go with that name. How cool is that come on.

• 1 month later...

Barbarian/Chanter: Skald
Barbarian/Cipher: Mindcrusher, Interloper, Tormentor
Barbarian/Druid: Juggernaut
Barbarian/Fighter: Gladiator, Brute
Barbarian/Monk: Ruthless, Tormentor, Dominatrix
Barbarian/Paladin: Avenger, Bigot
Barbarian/Priest: Fanatic, Sacretist
Barbarian/Ranger: Predator, Savager, Feral
Barbarian/Rogue: Ravager
Barbarian/Wizard: Warlock
Chanter/Cipher: Whisperer