I gave all my party stealth so I could sneak up on enemies. However,  I have been putting all my spare points into athletics*  survival since I came back to the game (I am level 9 now). Not sure if I want to respect the whole party but if I do, I would probably not bother with stealth or at least not so much. It is nice to get more of the map revealed before entering combat. 

I also did a save game, respecced and then reverted to another save. Basically doing a dry run , I wanted to see what the process was like. Also get some more hours in the game because I had taken such a long break.  Enjoying it immensely!  I think right before I hit 10 I will do the respec for real. Tyring to balance what I like for RP flavor, playstyle and  effectiveness.

*edited because I got athletics and survival mixed up

Edited by Nedzzo

One guy with like 4 or 5 Athletics is good for handling some story book challenges, past that a single point gets you a minor heal which is good enough. Without any stealth you still identify enemies before they see you, thus letting you set up for a sneak alpha strike. Getting extra stealth is not needed. One guy with mechanics to 13 is all you need. Everyone else should go with Survival as it has really good bonuses for camping. An increase of 40-60% of healing is huge as is the accuracy bonuses against specific enemy types.

One guy with like 4 or 5 Athletics is good for handling some story book challenges, past that a single point gets you a minor heal which is good enough. Without any stealth you still identify enemies before they see you, thus letting you set up for a sneak alpha strike. Getting extra stealth is not needed. One guy with mechanics to 13 is all you need. Everyone else should go with Survival as it has really good bonuses for camping. An increase of 40-60% of healing is huge as is the accuracy bonuses against specific enemy types.

You know what I typed Athletics but I meant Survival , that is what I have put them in since coming back! 

Yeah but with a little bit of stealth, you can get nice and close enough to launch a mid-range spell before anyone moves and screws up your placement. Unless another level of survival is some major breakpoint, it's far more strategically valuable to be able to stealth a bit (3-4).

• 1 month later...

So I finally did a respec.

I like having all my talking abilities and haven't run into too many combat difficulties. I stuck with my old build until I hit 11.

Just did this today, will play and see if I made a mess of it :)

I have the Sanguine Plate and just put The Blade of the Endless Paths together, going to use that and I enchanted burning lash on it.

Level 11 Paladin (Kind Wayfarers)

Meadow Folk

Aedyr - Mercenary

Attributes  (Breakdown)

Mig 15 (13 +1 Human, +1 Ring of Wonder)

Con 9 (8 +1 Ring of Wonder)

Dex 10 (8 +2 Fulvano's Gloves)

Per 19 (17 +2 The Core) (Not sure I will have this on all the time, wanted 17 for conversations)

Int 14 (14 base)

Res 18 (15 Base +1 Human, +1 Aedyr, +1 The Pilgrim's Lasting Vigil)

(I do have all stronghold resting things built. Trying out +3 Intellect now so will be Int 17)

Skills

Stealth 3 (3 Base)

Athletics 3 (0 Base +2 Paladin, +1 Mercenary)

Lore 7 (5 Base +1 Paladin, +1 Mercenary)

Mechanics 0

Survival 10 (8 Base +2 Sanguine Plate)

Abilities

Coordinated Attacks

Crucible of the Soul

Dominion of the Sleepers

Faith and Conviction

Fighting Spirit

Flames of Devotion

Inspiring Triumph

Lay on Hands

Second Wind

Speaker to the Restless

Sworn Enemy

Zealous Endurance

Talents

Second Skin

Strange Mercy

Intense Flames

The Sword and the Shepard

Scion of Flame

Two-Handed Style

Favored Dispositions: Benevolent , Passionate

Disfavored Dispositions: Deceptive, Cruel

Note:

I have Pallegina in my party wielding Tidefall

She has Righteous Soul and Aegis of Loyalty so is my Charm defense person

Has Zealous Focus Hiravatas as my #6 but I keep rotating that slot as I find new people and complete their quests. 

PS Is there a sword named Firebrand? I can only find the Druid spell. 

Once you're level 13 you might consider taking a few points out of Res/Per and sticking them in to Int and Might to get more out of sacred immolation but apart from that looks good.

edit; also zealous focus is nice to have too. I find zealous endurance kinda becomes redundant as game goes on but ymmv

Edited by Livegood118

Once you're level 13 you might consider taking a few points out of Res/Per and sticking them in to Int and Might to get more out of sacred immolation but apart from that looks good.

edit; also zealous focus is nice to have too. I find zealous endurance kinda becomes redundant as game goes on but ymmv

I should have paid more attention to my gear bonuses when I started. I was trying to end up at 17-18 for Res and Per with items and overshot.  I do have a save I could redo it all and take one out of Per for sure now. But I have enough gold to pay this way for awhile and see what else I messed up and then fix.

If you need high Resolve just for a few conversations just use food and resting bonuses. You can get +3 from the Caed Nua stronghold and there is a +3 ring in the early parts of White March I believe. Dragon Meat gets you another +3 I believe. With a base 10 I was able to use those three and get to the 19 for talking the Alpine Dragon down which is like the highewst check in the game at 19. There's probably even a brothel bonus that also adds a few to Resolve.

This would let you save 8 stat points from Resolve.

Perception doesn't have much for dialogue checks and you can easily get +3 from an item and +2 from food, which can be up all the time. A base 12 would keep you at 17 buffed with minimal effort of just eating the right food. This would save you another 5 stat points.

The Firebrand sword is summoned from a pair of gauntlets that the smith in the knight order in Defiance Bay sells.