[Q&A with Josh] Just a small collection of informations:
- Weapon proficiencies confirmed. Proficiencies (naturally) will increase your accuracy with that weapon, but also enable modal trade-offs to choose from (as optional adjustments). Example: If you're using a Hunting Bow and you're taking profciency in them, you're able to unlock things like Rapid Shot
- Engagement is no longer a default feature and will be specific to a small number of classes (other classes rely on equipment/ weapons/ etc. for that). Breaking engagement will be punished harder.
- Dual-wielding Wands, Pistols, Scepters, Blunderbusses, Arquebuses etc. (or combinations of these) will be a thing, but "you're not exactly the most accurate character in the world" by doing so
- There will be more humor as in the first game (but no "slapstick crazy stuff")
- Slow mode will be the new default mode in combat
- Game lenght will be roughly the same as in POE1
- Overall fewer combat encounters
- Combat mechanics like flanking, friendly fire ( ) etc. likely to stay
- Optional scaling for the whole game (contrary to the system introduced with WM) at beginning of the game could become a possibility
- Multiclassed characters may choose subclasses for both classes
- There will be certain trade-offs for subclasses
- They'll try to carry over as many story talents (like Gift from the Machine) as possible in one form or another
- They're currently experimenting with the idea of injuries (received when a character gets knocked out) replacing the old Health/ Endurance system
Edited by L4wlight, 01 February 2017 - 09:17 PM.