Sub-classes look extremely promising, I can't wait for details and/or examples.

Anything that focuses on expanding the game's length/complexity/replayability is more than appreciated by me.

Even simple extra customizations like skins and voicesets would be a cool - if minimal - addition.

Edited by SkySlam

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

i do enjoy stretch goals also. And i love the first one sub class. I like that idea better than multi-classing but i do hope the stretch goals do not burn up other creative time for the main game. We really don't need to many crazy types of goals. I can see stuff like localization and what not. I am sure they can manage it though. can't wait. 

As someone said previously I'd also prefer no official stretch goals, they are counter productive in terms of quality and consistency. The devs end using resources that could be used somewhere else for fairly banal marketing ideas.... though I'd gladly double my pledge if they canned the multi class idea :)

Sub classes I'm really happy about though.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Considering they met their million dollar quota in less than 24 hours, I think it's a given they'll meet the sub-class stretch goal by day's end.  :yes:

Maybe though I think it might slow down from now on, if nothing else the investors are probably going to slow down a lot, mainly because in one absolutely crazy weird backward situation their interests are diametrically opposed to the backers AND the devs...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

as mentioned elsewhere, we got concerns 'bout multiclassing.  that being said, campaign-specific prestige classes actual sounds like a decent notion.  no arch mages or assassins or whatnot.  however, is gonna be numerous factions, yes?  have prestige classes available to those who align with a particular faction would be appealing. so faction-based prestige classes would be our desire for a stretch goal.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I main monk and one thing I always wanted was my monk's unarmed attacks to have different animations than other classes unarmed attacks.

Some more martial arts style attack animations would be a huge thing for making my monk really feel like a monk.

Might be a great thing to include in a stretch goal.

• Like 3

as mentioned elsewhere, we got concerns 'bout multiclassing.  that being said, campaign-specific prestige classes actual sounds like a decent notion.  no arch mages or assassins or whatnot.  however, is gonna be numerous factions, yes?  have prestige classes available to those who align with a particular faction would be appealing. so faction-based prestige classes would be our desire for a stretch goal.

HA! Good Fun!

Every class needs a sub-class based around sailing the high seas, imho. Honestly, I love you're idea, except that I hope for more than 2 factions.

As someone said previously I'd also prefer no official stretch goals, they are counter productive in terms of quality and consistency. The devs end using resources that could be used somewhere else for fairly banal marketing ideas.... though I'd gladly double my pledge if they canned the multi class idea :)

Sub classes I'm really happy about though.

I'm approaching their ideas for the new game with an open mind, because with most design decisions it is all in the execution. There will be a beta and they've shown in the past they listen to fan feedback.

HA! Good Fun!

Every class needs a sub-class based around sailing the high seas, imho. Honestly, I love you're idea, except that I hope for more than 2 factions.

from 

http://www.pcgamesn.com/pillars-of-eternity-2/pillars-of-eternity-2-release-date-story-setting

"Naasitaq, made up mostly of Boreal Dwarves and Aumaua, is the largest and most stable nation in the Deadfire islands. But a number of empires are at loggerheads over the archipelago, presenting Obsidian with plenty of opportunities to ask the player to take sides. 

"As for what form those faction decisions will take, the dev team are looking toward the example set by last year’s Tyranny.

"“In Pillars 1, we dropped the factions at the end of Act 2, and so [players] didn't really feel like their choices were super significant,” admits Sawyer. “Something that I think Tyranny did much better, and something that we want to do for Pillars II, is really establish the factions much more clearly - give the player clearer choices, and let them know when they’re approaching consequences for the choices they made.”"

implication is factions will be more integral and reactive.

HA! Good Fun!
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

stretch goals for me would be:

- more localizations

- customizable party AI ( I LOVE setting up tactics before fights and then just afk and admire the carnage)

- polish

- more polish

- mirror diamond polish

Just don't add stuff for the sake of adding stuff. Make everything better, I love the "editor" idea from a previous post

I think giving them the ability to just scrape stuff and start anew is much better, iteration instead of stagnation

And please, no romance....that is usually the weakest part of any so-called "rpg" and leads to "I won't do this because it will piss off my potential squeeze, not because it makes sense"

@Gromnir - Yeah, I knew factions would be more prominent. I just hope that they have more than two. 3-4 would be optimal. Which is why I'm not 100% keen on the subclasses being tied to factions. If there were more subclasses, and factions... I'd be fine with it. Subclasses being tied to factions would be far superior to the Faction Talents of the first game, though. Because it would mean a few playthroughs with the same class would lead to fundamentally different gameplay. Depending on how drastic the differences of the subclasses are to the base class.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1

@Gromnir - Yeah, I knew factions would be more prominent. I just hope that they have more than two. 3-4 would be optimal. Which is why I'm not 100% keen on the subclasses being tied to factions. If there were more subclasses, and factions... I'd be fine with it. Subclasses being tied to factions would be far superior to the Faction Talents of the first game, though. Because it would mean a few playthroughs with the same class would lead to fundamentally different gameplay. Depending on how drastic the differences of the subclasses are to the base class.

added replay value is one o' the reasons we like faction-based prestige classes.  am agreeing there would need be ~4 factions to make this a viable option, but am recollecting how much the factions added to a game such as ps:t.  give similar kinda attention to poe factions as we saw in ps:t, and make faction-based prestige classes available would be resulting in a game we would no doubt play a few extra times.  with faction prestiges we would also get a more easily balanced character development option than multi-class which would also appeal to dedicated spellcasters who tend to lose by multiclassing.

even so, our suggestion is only viable if factions is more numerous than 2 and more fully developed than in poe.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

Stretch goal: whips. I mean as weapons.

Seriously... I'm asking for this since I set foot into this forum. OK, to make it a more appealing stretch goal let's call it "exotic weapons". I mean nobody's neutral about nunchakus and stuff, right? ;)

• Like 7

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Know what, yes, that's a stretch goal I want:

1.8 million - Fix our ****

If we reach the stretch goal of 1.8 million, we'll sit down and fix the **** that's broken in both Tyranny and Pillars of Eternity on the level of their engine. This goal means we'll finally bring you a technically competent product! Rejoice!

Stretch goal: whips. I mean as weapons.

Seriously... I'm asking for this since I set foot into this forum. OK, to make it a more appealing stretch goal let's call it "exotic weapons". I mean nobody's neutral about nunchakus and stuff, right? ;)

Cypher duel wielding whip/ride crop and specializing in mind control. With, you know, leather armor.

• Like 1