$1.1 million stats:

23 hours into campaign

9738 backers

$575K from pledges

$526K from Fig Fund

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

PoE1 did better though, 705k and 16,6k backers in the first day.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/#chart-daily

This is probably due to FIg as there are less people willng to back the game here and more would probably back it if it would be on Kickstarter.

Still scratching my head thinking how Fig Funds actually works (which makes half of the PoE2 target number right now) and I wonder if they will be boosting the number even further. Well, it's kind of cheating a bit when you think about it as most people will perceive it as huge success while the actual numbers are lower but on the other hand it brings other people to pledge here faster and the word gets around which means more money to the game and that's always good.

This is probably due to FIg as there are less people willng to back the game here and more would probably back it if it would be on Kickstarter.

Still scratching my head thinking how Fig Funds actually works (which makes half of the PoE2 target number right now) and I wonder if they will be boosting the number even further. Well, it's kind of cheating a bit when you think about it as most people will perceive it as huge success while the actual numbers are lower but on the other hand it brings other people to pledge here faster and the word gets around which means more money to the game and that's always good.

2012 was also crazy year for crowdfunding, now days projects all over including KS attract less backers overall.

• Like 2

the reason for the slower funding is most likely due to the paypal thing.

You can't pay with paypal in KS. Kicktraq's numbers don't include paypal numbers for PoE and in first days of PoE KS campaign there was no possibility to pay with paypal. Also overall paypal numbers for PoE were less than 200k dollars if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

To be honest, this is exactly why I haven't backed yet.  I'm a creature of habit.

But it looks like Obsidian didn't need my backing, as they reached their goal already. 

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)