So how are they going to bring Aloth back?(POE 1 Spoilers)

Aloth's endings involve him either becoming the head of the Leaden Key, or destroying it from within. That kind of seems like it would be a full-time job to do. How do you reckon they are going to justify him travelling half-way round the world to stop a living god? Also, if you are travelling with someone in such a position of power, wouldn't it render most of the challenges you face as meaningless, since Aloth could easily just command the Leaden Key to solve all the problems you face.

Also, if we are going to the Deadfire, does that mean that we can do what we want cause a pirate is free?, You are a pirate!

Aloth's endings involve him either becoming the head of the Leaden Key, or destroying it from within. That kind of seems like it would be a full-time job to do. How do you reckon they are going to justify him travelling half-way round the world to stop a living god? Also, if you are travelling with someone in such a position of power, wouldn't it render most of the challenges you face as meaningless, since Aloth could easily just command the Leaden Key to solve all the problems you face.

That's not a problem. The real problem with Aloth is that

Aloth may also die in the ending credits if you decided to banish him.

So how do you like them apples?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Hmm

Destroying the Key: Easy enough. He followed members of the key to Deadfire and we met them there OR he fled there, after the Key hunted him for a while, so he tries to catch his breath.

Leading the Key: Still easy enough: if I remember it correctly, the cells of the key work independently and Thaos did a lot of the dirtywork himself. So Aloth could be do that at Deadfire and the NPC mets him there and they get together again.

The dead thing: it was just a rumor and now he is drunk and frustrated ;).

• Like 1

He's a clone.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If he died in PoE1 he won't come back ;)

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

If he died in PoE1 he won't come back ;)

Be funny if he came back as an undead though, you gotta admit... ;)

"ooo, look...zombie Aloth!"

• Like 6

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Devs said on Fig that those companions whom you killed or didn't recruit will not come back. So relax. Personally, I think anyone who sacrificed Eder or Aloth to Skaen pit are mean, heartless douchebags. Those guys were so loveable (maybe cuz they were voiced by the same actor)  :)

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 3

Devs said on Fig that those companions whom you killed or didn't recruit will not come back. So relax. Personally, I think anyone who sacrificed Eder or Aloth to Skaen pit are mean, heartless douchebags. Those guys were so loveable (maybe cuz they were voiced by the same actor)  :)

Josh also said that Pallegina's armor will change depending on her ending state of the first game (she might not be part of the Frermàs mes Canc Suolias anymore) on SomethingAwful forum.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

3rd: If Aloth dies you get Kana Rua instead (Yaaaay!) *I wish*

​On that note... kind of sad that Kana Rua isn't playable :( but he might be an important NPC/quest giver/clan leader dude...? *fingers crossed* Kana was my favorite companion

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

I am delighted to hear that companion consequences are being taken into consideration. Aloth and Pallegina's story reactivity during the ending slides were two of the most satisfying elements of POE1.

In response to OP, I can see Obsidian bringing Aloth back into the fold easily because spreading knowledge Aloth and keeping secrets Aloth would both have a stake in a giant resurrected god avatar that wrecked your ally/former allies castle and essence. Whatever his motivation you can guarantee the Watcher of Dyrwood is gonna be in the thick of things. Best to tag along.

Pallegina's reactivity is even more exciting for me on a personal level. My kind wayfarer kept giving her passionate and benevolent advice that got her kicked from the order of five suns and resulted in her joining the wayfarers. The results reflected that I had not look after a friends best interest but scored a solid asset for my order as a result of following its code. Quite enjoyable.

Pallegina's reactivity is even more exciting for me on a personal level. My kind wayfarer kept giving her passionate and benevolent advice that got her kicked from the order of five suns and resulted in her joining the wayfarers. The results reflected that I had not look after a friends best interest but scored a solid asset for my order as a result of following its code. Quite enjoyable.

My dissident rogue just told her "diss the authorities" and she ends up with Kind Wayfarers.

That's the standard ending for Pallegina if

• she goes againts her orders in her quest
  • the Watcher picks any other option with souls but not Galawains.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

My Pallegina went against the orders, true, but later was\will be pardoned because I strengthened Dyrwood with souls. Personally, I'd love this pardon to happen in Deadfire, since she needs to regain trust of her fellow brothers of the order anyway.

Ah, so many variables just for one character, I like it. Hopefully it will be extensively elaborated upon in the game.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Hey, they could always have just done a Baldur's Gate 2!

"Xzar?  I thought you were dead?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about, you must be mistaken..." *shifty eyes*

"But I drove an axe into your head.  Repeatedly.  Until there wasn't anything left of your head at all!  I even have your eyeball on the necklace I wear around my neck..."

• Like 5

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Hey, they could always have just done a Baldur's Gate 2!

"Xzar?  I thought you were dead?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about, you must be mistaken..." *shifty eyes*

"But I drove an axe into your head.  Repeatedly.  Until there wasn't anything left of your head at all!  I even have your eyeball on the necklace I wear around my neck..."

"Honey, it's the Realms. One scroll of resurrection and two good nights sleep and you are as good as new. My eyes got even better since the last time. No offence, but you could use it too. Oooh right, you can't, because you-*gets killed again. Comes back three hours later and grins happy.*

"Thank you, every time I looked into the mirror, that cleft clip killed me a little!"

Edited by Harry Easter
  • Like 3

I'm not sure what they'll do regarding Eder, Aloth, or Pellegina's endings in PoE1, I'm just excited they're coming back! They were my favs and would have been the ones I'd pick if I'd gotten to choose.

• Like 1