Just curious: why don't you just wait until it's released and then buy it via paypal? Why do you want to be a backer so badly?

Because there wont be a  collectors edition or other special things, otherwise i prop wouldnt care.

Lucky enough that some/most tiers arent limited, otherwise you would be screwed if you can only pay with paypal.

If i beg for money because i want to make a game or whatever and i cant enable paypal from the start because of whatever reason, i atleast would hold some of the limited tiers back for when i can enable paypal and then offer it to the people so that they also have a fair chance of getting what they want. But no, this isnt the case here or elsewhere.

Also if i dont offer pp from the start, i would atleast inform as good as i can about it. But obsidian didnt, even after 2 weeks they dont. Nothing.

• Like 1

Hope you can figure this out. I supported PoE I and was looking to do the same for PoE II, but giving away my credit card info to some website I never heard of before is not an option.

edit: also: using the promo code link doesn't have any effect

Edited by Boatmurder

edit: also: using the promo code link doesn't have any effect

It does. You can select the backer discount as an add-on.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Because there wont be a  collectors edition or other special things, otherwise i prop wouldnt care.

If it works anything like the first game did, you'll probably be able to acquire the CE through the backer portal after the campaign ends.

That said, I still hope they'll enable PayPal soon—both because I'd like to switch to it, and because I'd like PayPal backers to count toward stretch goals.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

100% agreed.

I have funds on PayPal I wanted to use, but ifI can't switch to PayPal before the pledge is collected I'm out of luck.

• Like 1

Feargus did say in the Fig comments they got sidetracked because busy week but are now targeting next Tuesday. Can't screenshot it from my smartphone though.

• Like 1

e8bj3Kc.png

• Like 2

It's honestly a bit disappointing how low a priority this obviously is to Obsidian. The poor communication about it doesn't help, but you'd think this would be something they could have set up and have ready to go back when the campaign launched. Then again, it's also baffling to me that sites like Kickstarter and Fig don't offer alternatives to credit card already. 

• Like 9

I don't get it either.

If you look at the pledged amount (a considerable $62,127 according to https://crowdox.com/projects/)that came in through the CrowdOx pledge management service (which lets you back projects with Paypal for instance) alone during WL3s kickfigstarter I'd say that Obsidian are really missing out.

Considering the premature praise and popularity of POE2 as the sequel to the widely acclaimed POE it probably could be even twice (thrice?) the figure WL3 managed to get.

• Like 2