Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paypal backing ?

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Hemmer

Hemmer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts

Hello,

first of all: i got PoE as a present one or two weeks ago and there are two reasons why i created this account:

1)
I just want to praise the whole Dev Team of PoE.
The Graphics are stunning, the music is magnificent, the gameplay is a bliss, the story is incredibly good and captivating, and the world is created with love and care.
You all, the managers, story writers, designers, musicians, voice actors and programmers (and all the other positions i didn't mention) did an awesome job.
Pillars of Eternity is the first game, that is worth playing it since Freelancer, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
I am aware that i am not the only one praising it, but i just wanted you to know, that you made me very happy and i enjoy every minute with your game.

2)
​My question regarding the Topic:
Is there any way to fund or pre-sell PoE2 with PayPal? (I really want that Premium Digital Edition!)
Using my credit card makes me feel very uncomfortable, because i don't trust it and i despise paying with it.
Yeah i know, that sounds ridiculous. But it's not common in germany to pay with your credit card,
germans prefer paying in cash and it took me almost three years to get used to this PayPal-thingy.

Best Regards
Zeuge der Unity

According to Aarik D or the FAQ section on fig PayPal is something they're looking into. No word on how long this is going to take and when it's going live though.

Hey all you lovely adventurers! 

I know you are all eager to get some awesome loots, so we are currently looking into other options right now. 

Thanks a bunch! 

"When will we have access to PayPal?

We are currently looking into how we can offer PayPal to our backers and will have more information on that at a later time."

Edited by Hemmer, 04 February 2017 - 05:41 AM.

obsinaut

obsinaut

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

I had no internet for a week, now i come back and there is still no paypal option LOL ! And NO info.

But i guess "they're currently looking into it"

Lets be crazy and say that i wanted some of the higher tiers like the 2k, 5k, ones...yeah no, because they are gone.

And even if not, its just ridiculous.

wow just wow

Zeuge der Unity

Zeuge der Unity

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Thanks for your quick respose Hemmer, i've allready read the FAQ and Akari D's answers and should have mentioned that in my first post, sorry about that.

To be honest: These vague "later time" answers without any precise timespan and explanation are driving me even more crazy. Sorry if this "driving me crazy" seems inpolite, but various team-projects at my Fachhochschule taugth me to love timetables, workflow controll and backup plans. (Even my housework is managed with kanban)

Because important questions (for me) like:

When they don't manage it in time, is there a backup plan? (Like: pre-selling etc.)

Will there be something like a "PayPal is possible now" notification service? (I don't want to check every day if there is a PayPal support.)

remain unanswered.

Edited by Zeuge der Unity, 04 February 2017 - 06:54 AM.

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4269 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I believe that inXile used CrowdOx to enable PayPal for their Wasteland 3 campaign on Fig. I think there's an extra fee to Obsidian for allowing PayPal though, so I'd expect them to make that option available toward the end of their campaign.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2834 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Feargus stated on Fig that the Paypal option should be up by Wednesday in the backer portal.

• rjshae, Cynthel Natal, Zeuge der Unity and 2 others like this

Zeuge der Unity

Zeuge der Unity

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Feargus stated on Fig that the Paypal option should be up by Wednesday in the backer portal.

You safed my week, thank you!

Aniles

Aniles

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Would you mind linking the source for that?

Raygereio

Raygereio

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Not going to post the quote because I'm phone posting, but go to the Fig campaign's comment section and do a search for AndreaColombo. You'll find Feargus' replying to one of their posts.

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't think I can link to it, but here's a copy of the posts:

AndreaColombo

@Feargus - Any news on Paypal backing? I get the impression a fair number of people are waiting on it to back the game and we need their help to get more juicy stretch goals :)

Feargus
DEVELOPER

Hey AndreaColombo - Very soon, Wednesday at the latest. We needed to skin and update our backer portal site. Darren and Devin have burning the midnight oil on it.

Feb 4, 2017 | 09:35 AM

• Cynthel Natal and marc2ster like this

obsinaut

obsinaut

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

212% fundet and 2 weeks later still NO paypal. Thanks obsidian, great work and great information you give us.

If it wasnt for the fans posting some Feargus comment that he postet in the Fig comment section we would still know s**t.

But i guess obsidian says if these peasants want information let them read the 5k comments on fig. They didnt even bothered updating the FAQ.

I wish i dont love this game, otherwise in every other case after all that fail you would see 0$ from me.

But i think you know that and the fact that you are already fundet lets you care even less about all the peopla that want paypal.

• Monara likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5597 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Just curious: why don't you just wait until it's released and then buy it via paypal? Why do you want to be a backer so badly?

obsinaut

obsinaut

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

Just curious: why don't you just wait until it's released and then buy it via paypal? Why do you want to be a backer so badly?

Because there wont be a  collectors edition or other special things, otherwise i prop wouldnt care.

Lucky enough that some/most tiers arent limited, otherwise you would be screwed if you can only pay with paypal.

If i beg for money because i want to make a game or whatever and i cant enable paypal from the start because of whatever reason, i atleast would hold some of the limited tiers back for when i can enable paypal and then offer it to the people so that they also have a fair chance of getting what they want. But no, this isnt the case here or elsewhere.

Also if i dont offer pp from the start, i would atleast inform as good as i can about it. But obsidian didnt, even after 2 weeks they dont. Nothing.

• Monara likes this

desel

desel

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

Wednesday isn't over just yet, still a few hours left.

4-5 pm EST is usually the time for updates, so sit tight.

Boatmurder

Boatmurder

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hope you can figure this out. I supported PoE I and was looking to do the same for PoE II, but giving away my credit card info to some website I never heard of before is not an option.

edit: also: using the promo code link doesn't have any effect

Edited by Boatmurder, 08 February 2017 - 12:33 PM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

edit: also: using the promo code link doesn't have any effect

It does. You can select the backer discount as an add-on.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Because there wont be a  collectors edition or other special things, otherwise i prop wouldnt care.

If it works anything like the first game did, you'll probably be able to acquire the CE through the backer portal after the campaign ends.

That said, I still hope they'll enable PayPal soon—both because I'd like to switch to it, and because I'd like PayPal backers to count toward stretch goals.

• XTRMNTR2K likes this

desel

desel

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

Ouch... Adam Brennecke just said the backer portal (and PayPal backing) will probably go up towards the end of the campaign or right after the campaign has ended.

Hemmer

Hemmer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts

A real shame - getting the portal up and running during the campaign probably would have brought quite a few of potential backers on board to help knocking down a stretch goal or two.

• Suen, AndreaColombo and Monara like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3138 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
100% agreed.

I have funds on PayPal I wanted to use, but ifI can't switch to PayPal before the pledge is collected I'm out of luck.
  • Monara likes this

Archaven

Archaven

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

paypal wont be available until the figstarter campaign complete. basically what i see it as "conflict of interest". just my opinion.

• Monara likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users