Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paypal backing ?

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Pinsalinj

Pinsalinj

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I also gave money to the BIB because I wanted to help them first, and to help reach stretch goals second only. I can't really afford to give money away just like that so the BIB were the incentive I needed :)

• Fluffle and sp3cw4r like this

JFSOCC

JFSOCC

Mentor & Student of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2251 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

any update on this? Paypal is the only way I can support this campaign. it may come as a shock, but in Europe it's not actually expected for people to own credit cards.

• Bill Gates' Son likes this

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Cynic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

any update on this? Paypal is the only way I can support this campaign. it may come as a shock, but in Europe it's not actually expected for people to own credit cards.

You can pledge via PayPal here: https://eternity.obsidian.net/login (the PayPal option is at the end of the checkout process).
  • JFSOCC likes this

Hemmer

Hemmer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

Hi guys!

We are continually improving the Backer Portal, I don't believe we'll have a "pledge what you want" tier, but we may have something that will be to that effect.

"Pledge $50", "Pledge $100", "Pledge $250" and so on?

Hemmer

Hemmer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

Hi guys!

We are continually improving the Backer Portal, I don't believe we'll have a "pledge what you want" tier, but we may have something that will be to that effect.

"Pledge $50", "Pledge $100", "Pledge $250" and so on?

Anybody noticed any of this over at the "new" backer portal?

Hemmer

Hemmer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts

All,

Hi guys!

Any progress?

The backer portal total has surpassed slacker backing through fig by +10K too, btw.

Fig: $99,086

Backer portal (incl. PayPal): $110,095

That's $4.62M for the current post campaign total.

Hemmer

Hemmer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts

@Aarik D

So... did you change your mind or are you just saving this alternative to the "pledge what you want" tier for the final final stretch?

Getting closer and closer to that deadline and reaching $5M with regular slacker-backer pledging seems unlikely, at least at the current rate of progress. Most people should have upgraded their pledges with the additional stuff by now too.

And I don't see those missing ~40K POE1 backers miraculously turn up at the last minute either.

Muranus

Muranus

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Still have a few quid left I wouln't mind donating too.

Phlox

Phlox

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

@Aarik D

So... did you change your mind or are you just saving this alternative to the "pledge what you want" tier for the final final stretch?

Getting closer and closer to that deadline and reaching $5M with regular slacker-backer pledging seems unlikely, at least at the current rate of progress. Most people should have upgraded their pledges with the additional stuff by now too.

And I don't see those missing ~40K POE1 backers miraculously turn up at the last minute either.

They either don't care whether the last two stretch goals are reached or not or they already have a contingency plan B, like paying the difference out of their own pocket once the extended campaign is over.
That's what I'm getting from the silence.

Hemmer

Hemmer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts

@AndreaColombo

Would you mind poking Aarik D one more time and ask what's what with that something to the effect of a "pledge what you want" tier?
If they changed their mind about it or if it's still coming?

Thanks.

Edited by Hemmer, 06 April 2017 - 01:12 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3185 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Done :)

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3139 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of the office for a past few days. While there isn't an option to just donate money, you are able to purchase up to 5 items of every add-on or tiers. So one could purchase the Digital Download + Early Access 5 times and give those copies away to friends and family, or do a raffle of your own on social media! 

• Fluffle, illathid and AndreaColombo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users