Confirmed: Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Blacklist Polygon now!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:25PgS_O4z48J:www.polygon.com/2017/1/26/14389930/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-announcement-crowdfunding-fig+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=il

Obsidian announces Pillars of Eternity 2
The sequel will be crowdfunded, and offer equity in the game

The team at Obsidian Entertainment is going back to the well, announcing Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire as a high-profile, equity crowdfunding effort through Fig. The campaign goes live today, and is seeking at least $1.1 million, with $2.25 million open for equity.

The original Pillars of Eternity began as a Kickstarter campaign called Project Eternity, which raised nearly $4 million in October of 2012. The isometric role-playing game promised to be the spiritual successor of classic games like Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. The final product was well received by fans and critics alike, and featured a pausable, real-time combat system and multiple branching story paths with over 80 hours of gameplay, not including downloadable content.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire promises to pick up where that game left off. A direct sequal, it promises to take the statue of Caed Nua, previously conceived as an elaborate sidequest funded in large part by Kickstarter backers, and turn it into the centerpiece of the entire game.

“Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads a press release. “Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

The campaign promises players the ability to travel by both land and sea, where they’ll encounter new cultures and environments. Non-player characters will keep their own schedule, which will lead to dynamic quests. Some old party members will even return.

Obsidian even alludes to the fact that players may be able to carry over their save files from the original game to “continue the story you began as the Watcher of Caed Nua ... and see how your decisions and actions in the Dyrwood persist in Deadfire.”

The Fig campaign will feature traditional, rewards-based crowdfunding as well as equity investment for non-accredited, non-high-net-worth individuals. The terms of the investment opportunity will be available on the campaign page when it goes live. For more on Fig, see our StoryStream.

gY9HAst.jpg

pillars_deadifre_desert_temple.png

pillars_deadifre_dungeon_fight.png pillars_deadifre_slum_fight.png pillars_deadfire_concept_pallegina.jpg pillars_deadfire_concept_eder.jpg pillars_deadfire_concept_aloth.jpg

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 16

Dat graphics, though. They look really pretty.

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

one of Kana Rua's warlike sisters?

Kana has a little sister

Gets hotter everyday

And if I ever meet her

With her boobies I will play

EVERYBODY! SISTER SISTER SISTER...

You, sir, are an artist of the written word!  Your canvas, the fleshy meat of my brain!

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

You, sir, are an artist of the written word!  Your canvas, the fleshy meat of my brain!

Can't take credit but yes, I'm all dat!

Sssh!  You don't let people know that, you take all the credits while keeping an escape route ready for a quick getaway for when someone figures it out! 

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Oh BABY! This looks so freaking good! Gonna rekt my piggy bank today for the KS! And may I just add, that an Aumaua hunter with a bird pet would be OFF THE HOOK AWESOME! HYPE!

EDIT: Just spottet the dual wield pistols. EVEN MORE HYPE! :D

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 6

Everything looks and sounds great so far. The only downside - a personal one - is that I'll get to play with the same character again (I suppose the game will let you build a new one, but it won't feel nice to me if suddenly the Watcher is of different race, sex, class, background and culture); I'd really like to play as melee wizard or cipher this time around...

Everything looks and sounds great so far. The only downside - a personal one - is that I'll get to play with the same character again (I suppose the game will let you build a new one, but it won't feel nice to me if suddenly the Watcher is of different race, sex, class, background and culture); I'd really like to play as melee wizard or cipher this time around...

Well, it won't be releasing tomorrow. You should build one, and do a run through of PoE1/TWM to prepare for it. I know I have a few plythroughs planned. A couple to finish up, and a couple to start fresh.

• Like 4

S

Well, it won't be releasing tomorrow. You should build one, and do a run through of PoE1/TWM to prepare for it. I know I have a few plythroughs planned. A couple to finish up, and a couple to start fresh.

Same here. Now I want a priest of Eothas, a philosopher, a Bleak walker, a Deadfire native...

• Like 2