Question about functionality of Steel Ibis Lamellar

Hey guys, have fished out this card from treasure chest, and now I am completely confused. Either I missed something, or one part of it is almost useless, because I haven't found any character, who can use its third ability.

It reads like this: "If proficient with light armors, bury this card to reduce all damage dealt to you by 5; you may succeed at a Craft 9 check to recharge it instead."

While the first part of this ability is easily understandable, what I don't understand is the second part: "recarge with a Craft check" one.

Is it mistake or is it groundwork for future characters? Because, as far as I know, there is no character having BOTH Craft skill and Light Armor Proficiency power at the same time. Which means that that check would be a 1d4. So to succeed it you need to use AT LEAST 2 dice with +1 modifier, or 3+ dices (thus either use some blessings, or some other check-boosting cards). Ok, you can also use Lem's skill, or something else, but still... Isn't it a bit too heavy? Why not 7 or 8 at least? Or even remove that bit about check completely and just leave that to strait-up burying?

Edited by Kamiyo

If I remember correctly, Steel Ibis Lamelar armor was first introduced in Alchemist Class deck and all of those characters have both Light Armor proficiency and Craft Skill...

Also, Craft skill get to be much more useful in later Adventure Paths (especially Skulls & Shackles)

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, Steel Ibis Lamelar armor was first introduced in Alchemist Class deck and all of those characters have both Light Armor proficiency and Craft Skill...

Also, Craft skill get to be much more useful in later Adventure Paths (especially Skulls & Shackles)

Mummy's Mask uses it quite heavily too.

Also, Craft skill get to be much more useful in later Adventure Paths (especially Skulls & ShackleIts good

Its all good, and everything, but we don't have that yet (i mean both Alchemist class hero and later adventures). After all, we do play MOBILE version of Pathfinders, not a tabletop one.

• 8 months later...

Sure, you can't use the Craft to recharge it for now, but think about what else you get:

"Reveal this card to reduce Cold, Combat, Electricity, or Fire damage dealt to you by 3.
Recharge this card to add 1d6 to your Dexterity or Constitution check.
If proficient with light armors, bury this card to reduce all damage dealt to you by 5; you may succeed at a Craft 9 check to recharge it instead."

Reveal armors that reduce 3 damage tend to be 1) rare and 2) higher than AD3.  And this has some elemental damage reduction in addition to just Combat damage, which is even rarer.
In addition, if you don't need the actual damage reduction, you can use it on a check.

I've played with the paper version of this card, and the recharge bit is actually the least used part.  While 5 damage seems like a lot, you tend to take 1-4 damage or OMGWTFBBQ damage, and the reveal power tends to cover the 1-4 most of the time.  And when you take OMGWTFBBQ damage, the Lamellar tends to fall a bit short.
Edited by zeroth_hour
  • Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)