Food : i eat everything before battles in solo. Expecially beer (+2 Dr), chiken +2 con, meat+2 str, pie +2 dex, fish +2 int. I always like to carry also some farmer cream ( sobstitute of meat for +2 str And an awesome +1 to speed). Sugar at the beginning is fine too for running faster when needed. Also whiteleaf is pretty useful, for the long lasting fear immunity ( useful vs dragons, xaurips and human priests).

Potions: everything violet or yellow, more bigger than I can. Also potion of alacrity, llengrath displacement can do wonders. Potion of vital essence can also heal your total health, so if you have stacked some resting bonus using it 1 or 2 time per fight prevent the need of testing. FLame shield potion is useful if you are beaten a lot or in a retaliation build ( es: fire godlike monk). And obviously the red potion from the burning sands are OP (+15 accuracy for a good time + something else)

Scrolls: paralyze, valor, defence. Occasionally something other, but not much.

Edited by Dr <3
  • Like 1

Food : i eat everything before battles in solo. Expecially beer (+2 Dr), chiken +2 con, meat+2 str, pie +2 dex, fish +2 int. I always like to carry also some farmer cream ( sobstitute of meat for +2 str And an awesome +1 to speed). Sugar at the beginning is fine too for running faster when needed. Also whiteleaf is pretty useful, for the long lasting fear immunity ( useful vs dragons, xaurips and human priests).

Potions: everything violet or yellow, more bigger than I can. Also potion of alacrity, llengrath displacement can do wonders. Potion of vital essence can also heal your total health, so if you have stacked some resting bonus using it 1 or 2 time per fight prevent the need of testing. FLame shield potion is useful if you are beaten a lot or in a retaliation build ( es: fire godlike monk). And obviously the red potion from the burning sands are OP (+15 accuracy for a good time + something else)

Scrolls: paralyze, valor, defence. Occasionally something other, but not much.

Thanks a lot! Very nice hints, will have a look ingame.

I'm such a lazy player. I almost always forget about food, potions, and scrolls. Out of sight out of mind..... until PotD kicked my a** right off the bat. There was no way, with my play style anyway, that I would have made it to level 5 in any semblance of sanity without any of that. The Combat mode of so many things still annoys the crap out of me and still makes no sense other than an imposed limitations for some sort of game balance sake. I still have to consciously remember all those special abilities and items under the "backpack" icon, for some strange reason. I still forget, especially as my party gets stronger and the combat gets easier.

This is one reason I've started using a rogue—I set a couple of traps, keep the bulk of my party set behind those, then send my rogue sneaking in to initiate combat [eta: with ranged weapon] and use his retreat skill to get back before any "engagement" stalls him. That gives my party some time to buff with a spell or potion before the combat _actually_ starts. Somehow in PotD all the enemies seem to be able to get off spells faster than my party at the beginning of combat. I don't know if this is deliberate or I am missing something in my builds.

Joe

Edited by JFutral