Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10751 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Played a pile of Ghost Recon: Wildlands in spite of what I considered such a massively wasted opportunity to make a fantastic story out of the premise (something like an Iran-Contra/Medellin parable of an illegal special forces team fostering ties with morally-questionable death squads to go after drug cartels a la Los Pepes and the Águilas Negras). However instead of going after the cartel my buddies and I instead went on a looting spree to pimp out our operators. On my shopping list was a Colt M4A1 with holo-sight, laser-aiming module, and M-203 grenade launcher, Mk.17 with ACOG scope and foregrip, Mk. 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle with the Mod 0 stock, and a Mk. 48 Mod 0 LMG (would have preferred the M-240B, but oh well). 

Is it a stand-alone game, or is it an expansion/DLC for the main Ghost Recon game released not too long ago?

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10438 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got ending E in Nier Automata. It's the best ending. Other players sacrificed their save data to help me see it, so when it came my time, I chose the same.

Now I need to restart to get 100%. Edit: and by "restart" I mean I pulled my save file off PSN from yesterday. So I only lost about 8 hours of game time.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8698 posts

Just watch it on Youtube bro.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3005 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm replaying Planescape: Torment. Figured I'd give it a spin again just after playing Numenera. The story, companions and setting are all things that work a lot better in PS:T. But it goes up and down a lot more in quality. 

But yeah, dialogues have never been so much fun to read in a game. It really is quite amazing in that regard. Very special.

Also playing Crusader Kings II again, though I decided against getting the latest DLC for now... but still, what an addictive game this is. A million problems and wonky things in it but overall, it's got to be one of the most entertaining games I've ever bought. Extremely addictive.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3584 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Shadow Warrior. I suck at anything in first person view, but it's mindless fun, I guess.

The Dwarf Run. I like it, but it feels to me that combat encounters feel like trial and error. I hope I don't mess up the stat allocation for my characters.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6740 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Encountered a puzzle in BS4 I still don't get. Escaped from a chair where I was tied up by fiddling with some Rube Goldberg like set up with the aid of a Murphy bed and some dude hiding in a box

Katphood

Katphood

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Finished playing Metro 2033 Redux. This replay reminded me how much attention to detail exists in this game, it would have been a whole lot better if it weren't for those stupid sections where you constantly have to deal with Hunters. Generally, the mutants in the game felt pretty bothersome, almost as if it didn't add much to the game, sort of like the werewolves in The Order 1886. 

Edited by Katphood, 19 March 2017 - 10:01 PM.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1194 posts

Finished MOTHER (NES). First time playing it, pretty good game. Has some flaws, but that's to be expected with a game of this age, especially for an early "JRPG". Probably the best (or at least some of the, depending on your personal preferences, I guess) music you can hear on NES.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 19 March 2017 - 10:34 PM.

• redneckdevil likes this

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3156 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Tickled my humour by downloading the original Wing Commander via Origin.

Although flying it with mouse is an interesting shift from the days of old...

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10438 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've moved on to Horizon Zero Dawn, but I can't stop thinking about Nier Automata.

HZD isn't grabbing me at all.

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The original game was completely unplayable with a mouse, how does that work? Like Freelancer or more like Privateer 2 which officially supported mouse play but was nigh unplayable* with it?

* Not that Privateer: The Darkening was ever "playable" with even the best input hardware. That game's a mess. :)

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3156 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The original game was completely unplayable with a mouse, how does that work? Like Freelancer or more like Privateer 2 which officially supported mouse play but was nigh unplayable* with it?

* Not that Privateer: The Darkening was ever "playable" with even the best input hardware. That game's a mess. :)

So so.  The non-flying parts the mouse is reaaly damn slow to crawl over and it works better using the keyboard to move the cursor around.  In flight, it's a bit more Freelancer like, possibly a bit too smooth and quick so its very easy to overdo movements.

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2092 posts
Found out my old Saitek flight stick does work with Windows 10. You just have to find it in the bowels of the OS under "Hardware and Sound" and calibrate it, works using the generic driver.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon, 20 March 2017 - 10:34 AM.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8682 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

After watching some people on Twitch play it, I bought Final Fantasy XV. Which means I also finally bought a console (PS4) for the first time since the original NES. :D It's been handy when traveling, since I'm not going to haul my desktop back and forth all the time.

So, I've had the PS4 for almost 4 months now, but I still just play Final Fantasy. It has a lot of issues with pacing and (if you're into such) story depth and lore but meh, that's not really why I play it. I see it more as a party action-rpg and I've always loved party combat vs. solo character combat. As I've never played any other FF, I can't compare it in that regard - I take it a lot of old school fans dislike it a lot - but I have a lot of fun with it. The goofy-haired boy band is fun to hang out with and the combat, while not complex, is nicely visceral and fun. When originally playing "blind", had some decent challenges here and there, mostly in the post-game content (overall it's a pretty easy game tho).

I think they did a good job re: the four guys and their dynamic together and the main story worked - on an emotive level - where they were concerned. The rest was lacking. And their attempted mix of open world then very linear/scripted story telling didn't work well for me. Still...with all it's flaws, I still have a lot of fun. :)

Edit: the Brotherhood anime episodes were quite enjoyable as backstory, as well. The movie (Kingsglaive) didn't work as well for me. I found it kind of boring.

Edited by LadyCrimson, 20 March 2017 - 11:33 AM.

• Hurlshot, ShadySands, Tale and 2 others like this

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8368 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

If you get bored of FFXV, pick up Horizon: Zero Dawn.  It's good. I loved FFXV though, I still haven't finished it but my road trips with the boy band were super charming.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2696 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wait what? LadyCrimson is back :o

• ShadySands and Agiel like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8682 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

^ yeah, that one's pretty popular on Twitch (Horizon). Looks like a good game. I might check it out someday. The uncanny valley when the characters are talking in the dialogue bits is really disconcerting at times, tho. Probably the worst uncanny valley I've had while watching gameplay. :disguise:

Edited by LadyCrimson, 20 March 2017 - 12:01 PM.

Agiel

Agiel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 559 posts

Played a pile of Ghost Recon: Wildlands in spite of what I considered such a massively wasted opportunity to make a fantastic story out of the premise (something like an Iran-Contra/Medellin parable of an illegal special forces team fostering ties with morally-questionable death squads to go after drug cartels a la Los Pepes and the Águilas Negras). However instead of going after the cartel my buddies and I instead went on a looting spree to pimp out our operators. On my shopping list was a Colt M4A1 with holo-sight, laser-aiming module, and M-203 grenade launcher, Mk.17 with ACOG scope and foregrip, Mk. 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle with the Mod 0 stock, and a Mk. 48 Mod 0 LMG (would have preferred the M-240B, but oh well). 

Is it a stand-alone game, or is it an expansion/DLC for the main Ghost Recon game released not too long ago?

Stand-alone game separate from that F2P adversarial shooter that came out a while ago (and folded shortly after).

Heijoushin

Heijoushin

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Playing some Xenonauts again. Its inferior to X-com 2 in almost every way and yet... so much fun.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7267 posts

Doom 2016
The big fight at the end of Meltdown was awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users