Pictures of your Games Episode IX - The Bigger Picture

Rosbjerg

Well guessed! (and here I was trying to be myserious by not including anything with UI/NPCs on it)

It's Rata Sum and the Pale Tree, respectively. I guess Rata Sum is rather recognizable to anyone who's ever played the game. Personally I like the Sylvari most of all the races. Plant people, yay! :woot:

So here's a screenshot of my Thief ;)

gw112.jpg

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

NxSKMXg.jpg

Good times... well, for me, not so much for her.

BcAsFvH.jpg

Not too shabby for my first real (non-training) mission completed.  I killed Dalia by drowning her in a toilet and Viktor by poisoning his favorite drink, then escaped in a speedboat and no one is any wiser.  There were opportunities for more spectacular/hilarious kills, but they almost certainly would have meant innocents dying too.  My goal is always to kill the target(s), and ONLY the target(s), and to do it completely unnoticed.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm near-melkathi levels of spamming this thread with pictures of HITMAN.  What can I say, it's a good looking game and I'm having a blast, I can't help myself.

ioUVtH7.jpg

Secret underground evil doer lair?  Aww yeah!

uacKgm6.jpg

Getting to disguise myself as a plague doctor was really cool.  Unfortunately, I did not manage to kill any targets while disguised as a plague doctor.  That would have added at least +5 badassery.

rpvVRZI.jpg

So far, I've strangled a guy, drowned a woman in a toilet, electrocuted a woman in plain sight (without anyone knowing it was me), and blew up a guy with a freakin' cannon.  I ****ing love this game!

2hduXUx.jpg

Dat perfect 5 out of 5 assassin score tho.  I got all the possible bonuses, no penalties, and completed 18 challenges in one foul swoop.  My time could certainly have been much better, but I'm a slow and methodical gamer, I'm never going to set any speedrun records, so I won't even try.  Not my style.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"So far, I've strangled a guy, drowned a woman in a toilet, electrocuted a woman in plain sight (without anyone knowing it was me), and blew up a guy with a freakin' cannon.  I ****ing love this game!"

Are there still really stringent requirements for getting Silent Assassin ratings like there were back in the day? I remember some missions in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin being perhaps a tad too difficult to do everything "right"...and spending hours figuring out a way to do it and actually execute it just perfectly. And then having...what was it, only one save per attempt on the hardest difficulty? Or was that Blood Money and you didn't get any on Silent Assassin? Hmm.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"So far, I've strangled a guy, drowned a woman in a toilet, electrocuted a woman in plain sight (without anyone knowing it was me), and blew up a guy with a freakin' cannon.  I ****ing love this game!"

Are there still really stringent requirements for getting Silent Assassin ratings like there were back in the day? I remember some missions in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin being perhaps a tad too difficult to do everything "right"...and spending hours figuring out a way to do it and actually execute it just perfectly. And then having...what was it, only one save per attempt on the hardest difficulty? Or was that Blood Money and you didn't get any on Silent Assassin? Hmm.

Well, I definitely had to save scum a good bit to get silent assassin.  You can't ever get spotted, you can't ever be recorded, or you have to destroy the recordings, no one can see you kill anyone, you can't be caught trespassing ever, and no bodies can be found (not counting the targets).  It's been a while since I played the earlier games, so it's hard for me to compare.  I'm playing on default difficulty (to be honest I didn't even check if there are different difficulties.  I assume so) but with all opportunities guidance (hand-holding) off.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The thing that always annoyed me most in Blood Money and Silent Assassin, was that you really couldn't kill anyone that wasn't the target(s)...Doesn't matter that nobody else saw you, doesn't matter that nobody would ever find the body - I think in Silent Assassin, you weren't allowed to shoot more than one bullet per mission nor kill more than one non-target. That's all you got, so make that one extra kill count...and you also didn't get any saves (just looked it up to make sure). In Blood Money, it was even harder in regards to killing - you couldn't kill anyone who wasn't a non-target period if you wanted SA...and again, you got no saves on the hardest difficulty (also looked it up to make sure). Plus a whole bunch of other things you had to do, like never being seen on camera, never having a cover blown, don't leave behind any evidence, etc.

Funnily, I thought Hitman 2 was the harder of the two, even though you get the extra kill - harder level and mission design. But anyways...yeah, trying to get SA on the hardest difficulties in those two games is like...playing with both your hands tied behind your back, I guess...and then your feet, too. You can't use or do any of the normal things you would do if you were just playing casually. I can't believe I spent the time getting SA in every mission in both games. I still have my saves, too...I wanted to go back and play Hitman 1 a few years back, but it didn't run on my computer. Oh well. :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

The only Hitman game I ever played was the second one, I think. It had one feature that I thought was really dumb: If you solve a mission silently, you'd get bonus weapons... which you would never use, because that would mean not being able to solve the mission silently.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yep. I guess it's for fun after you've already beat the game...

After I beat the game I might go back to some missions and try to do a silent assassin, suit only run through them.  I'm not going to ever play on an iron man style difficulty, though.  Screw that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

rY6gNJx.jpg

GGG3sAS.jpg

8305XlT.jpg

A guy struggling to put together IKEA furniture inside the Swedish consulate?  Oh you guys.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

some more, the theme of today's post is "enhanced interrogation techniques"
U1XMEEjzSVA.jpg

028FIiJuHy8.jpg

fg3MqR7bSPQ.jpg

ado9sFz7nWo.jpg

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

another successful landing (by "successful" I mean no one died)

TchzFrlvfKo.jpg

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"Any landing you can walk away from..."

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling