Pictures of your Games Episode IX - The Bigger Picture

Rosbjerg

That's usually the thing that gets under my skin, it just hard to get any sense of involvement when your conversation options are limited in order to make space for a plethora of sophomoric humor. I rather that they'd let my character participate in the silliness instead of just being a silent spectator to it all.

Understandable. Some people love it and some people hate it..

I definitely agree it's not the best experience in the rpg world and it's probably a bit bordeline on terms of parody. I mean, you can make 2 cats fall in love but you cannot romance with a companion lol So there's alot of "strange development choices" going on in the game.

Larian has always had this comic-relief quality though, even the first Divinity was kinda like a Diablo parody in that way. Never taking anything seriously. Divinity 2 pushed things more and D:OS just got crazy with everything. Ex. My character is on a quest and suddenly gets transported to another dimension for barely a reason. I compared my experience with D:OS with the experience I had with "Zenith" which is a full on parody of Final Fantasy.

It was a nice experience for me but if you ask what I prefer, yes, I'd probably prefer a more serious game with well thought out world and dark tones. Especially if I'm interested in lores, character development and so on.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

^Is there any VO and if so, was it done by Ryan Reynolds?

There is a VO and while it is not done by Ryan Reynolds it's still pretty good.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

#Winning

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I really liked space walking in Prey, so here are a few screenies from my first walk (nothing spoiled, really), but I can tell you this much. It's not as tranquil out there as it looks...

xga42i.jpg

CsV552.jpg

This one, I love. You see the Moon, our Earth anno 2032, and the Sun

xeZ7mX.jpg

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

How is it?

I only just started the demo.  It's extremely Fallout-y.  It's very polished for an "alpha" build.  The dialogue is a bit wooden, that could just be a rough translation from Russian to English, though.  I haven't gotten into combat yet, partly because your character starts out with basically nothing (you are robbed just before the beginning of the game).  Just doing some standard fetch quests and talking to people to earn enough scratch for a weapon (preferably a pistol, since I'm small guns focused).

It's a free demo, check it out for yourself if you have time.

Edit: One thing they definitely need to address is the edges of the maps...

GXO5Im6.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Going through water sucks.  Visibility = zero for about a second and a half, not to mention the momentary loss of any real control.  Granted I could see a lot better if I did the behind the car camera, but that would be wussing out.  It's c0ckpit view or nothing!

jJrhuON.jpg

Gotta take it easy over those crests.  If you catch air while turning your wheels, or your car is a bit crooked, or you're not pointed at exactly where you want to go, you're gonna have a big problem.  :grin:

2kDLbuK.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh I loved the Metroid games. How are you playing it? A 3DS? Honestly don't know anything about those systems. I'm actually trying to find a Switch to play something with my kids and possibly my wife who does not at all. Hoping Mario Kart could be a good starter.

• Like 1

Oh I loved the Metroid games. How are you playing it? A 3DS? Honestly don't know anything about those systems. I'm actually trying to find a Switch to play something with my kids and possibly my wife who does not at all. Hoping Mario Kart could be a good starter.

I am playing it on the Wii U. It supports BC for a select number of GBA games. Unfortunately, the 3DS doesn't support any kind of backwards compatibility for GBA. It's also funny how only the 'new' 3DS supports SNES games. 

It's Nintendo...  :banghead:

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm really starting to like this Opel Kadett.  I initially purchased a Lancia Stratos to use in the 1970s class, but wound up hating that car's extremely floaty handling, so then I scooped up this Kadett to use instead and it's much more to my liking.

8MM4Bku.jpg

vfgUHVE.jpg

yAFb9lX.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I never finished Bhaalspawn saga and I don’t think I can call myself a RPG gamer until I do.

HtPjzYO.jpg

Stats fit for a god. Side note: This is my third reroll. First I tried a sorcerer, but then I realized I like learning spells. Second I tried a wild mage, but then I realized I really don’t like saving and loading all the time. This one is going to be fighter/mage.

XSP3QFO.jpg

BG1 banter mod or whatever it’s called. It makes NPCs actually react to what's happening. Such a groundbreaking idea in a RPG.

ntBMurL.jpg

Press F to pay respects.

Df5Cx8f.jpg

Remember kids, lying is like magic except it works in real life as well. Golden pantaloons get!

fck2Gn4.jpg

Bhaalspawn. Dragonkiller. Demonslayer. Hero of the ages. And this one time he returned a ring to this chick. He had to kill like 5 hobgoblins to get the ring. No small feat that.

CdOgnYq.jpg

A slight miscalculation, but as long as the ogre stays trapped as well everything works out.

mVFiy6o.jpg

I hope this Dynaheir witch wont try to butt in my perfectly planned party of awesomness.

God damn it. Oh well… I think an accident is about to happen.

xL6INSS.jpg

Press F to pay even more respects.   

• Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

FFgGY7m.jpg

Holy ****, there's a battle axe in the Marrakesh level in HITMAN!  Some day I'll have to attempt a suit only, silent assassin, kill both targets with the battle axe run of that area's main mission.  This will, obviously, be INSANELY difficult as wearing anything other than a soldier or security guard disguise means that if anyone sees you with a weapon they will freak out and alert the guards, and suit only means no disguises, plus, it's not like I can conceal a battle axe.  To make matters worse, Marrakesh is freakin' packed with people.  Still, I bet it's possible, it will just take some absurd stealth skill.

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

UOzGDaU.jpg

That moment when you can just lean back in your chair because you have explored* absolutely everything in the map.

*Everyone with a name™ has been talked to. Everyone evil has been sent to meet with their gods. Everything** that hasn’t been nailed down has been taken and sold to fund the kill-the-big-baddie-at-the-end-of-the-game fund.

**I did leave daggers and such so people can defend their homes if some evildoers come and try to steal their stuff. Because, you know, I’m the good guy. It says so in my character screen.

325sUpW.jpg

Ah Nashkel mines, the straw that broke camel’s back or whatever the cool kids are saying these days. This is were I stopped playing the first time I tried Baldur’s Gate back when I was still young and innocent. Constantly having to fight against bad pathfinding and enemies who one shot my mage, and only give 7xp when killed was just too much.

wtqDLhu.jpg

Mulahey is good as dead. There’s no escaping my highly tactical triangle formation.

Mulahey, hmm. Isn’t that kinda racist? Just because he’s an evil half-orc priest doesn’t mean he’ll just drink and fight all the time like the dirty Irish. They should have given him a proud strong orc name.

HjPaDSE.jpg

Another ring returned. I have a fear that soon everybody will just remember Kurja as the dude who finds people’s rings and not Scourge of the Undead or anything like that.

D9udO3z.jpg

Meeting Drizzt and the existential crisis that comes after: Just look at the ring of bodies! Maybe I should reroll a ranger and change my name into something with more zeds in it. Maybe then I would be cool too.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Ah Nashkel Mines, the biggest reason I'll never play through BG1 ever again.  Over the last 3 or 4 years I've tried playing BG1 again twice, both times I completely lost the will continue the moment I stepped inside those damnable mines.  What an awful dungeon.  I hope there's a special place in hell for whoever put all those kobold commandos in there.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Are you talking to me?

UUG14oD.jpg

Put the gun away before someone gets hurt.

H7guJpD.jpg

Seriously, you'd think people would know better than to threaten a person wearing a tux in a post apocalyptic world. Has no one in the Commonwealth watched Six String Samurai?

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).