RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

This sounds very interesting: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-20-portal-designer-kim-swift-joins-viscerals-star-wars-game-alongside-amy-hennig-and-jade-raymond

Haven't played a good Star Wars game for quite a while.

EDIT:

The new trailer for Call of Cthulhu looks terrifyingly awesome btw:

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 4

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Damn, even the first mission got HEAVILY converted.

Different objectives, 8 soldiers to control, and like 11 aliens when I played it.

I was basically in XCOM heaven.

I gave it a try to go for an early "get data" mission which had only 22h window. I packed 10 soldiers for max guard level enemies.... the pods had 7- enemies each, had to kill around 35 enemies had 9 turns timer to get to the data vault... i failed by one tile, lost 2 soldiers in a heroic attempt, but then killed all the advent. I feel like flashbangs are much better now than regular nades early on, because you rarely get to destroy cover with regular nades, but still gettng a nade toessed on ambush into 9 enemies and getting some luck let me get 4 kills out of one nade...

I'm LOVING IT. just need to learn to skip some missions early on i guess.

Hm, and White Wolf have announced that there's a Werewolf The Apocalpyse computer game coming. There's a base website that is purely the front cover and no details beyond it being for pc and console.

http://www.werewolf-videogame.com/

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why do they still call it "Project Louisiana"?. With the reference to the leaden key, it can only be POE2.

My ****ery sense is telling me that they are ****ing with us and it will be something completely unrelated to both POE or Fallout.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What is that? 

Nevermind, just nuke it from orbit

That data-trawling app, I think.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Mordheim guys decided to make me happy-ish and announced Necromunda: Underhive Wars

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-game-based-on-warhammer-40-000s-necromunda-announced

#EgoLegisSum

Development of Mordheim shall cease

but in its place shall rise Necromunda

Many screenshots shall be posted by Melkathi

So sayeth the wise Alaundo

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hopefully we get to meet Klovis the Redeemer:

8V4Nk.jpg

Scratch that, hopefully not.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I hope the game will do well enough financially that they can add enough Gangs. I love Mordheim and personally don't need more than the 6 warbands they did include, but I would love to see more in Necromunda.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Would be pretty cool if it also led to a PC game based on GW's upcoming "Gangs of Commorragh" game, though that would probably be dependent on that game selling well and even then it'd be quite some time before it would come out in digital form ("Can't let digital bi-furcate the player-base, no-sir-ree-bob").

01010699009_GangsofCommorragh01.jpg

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Mad Max with heroin, highly impractical BDSM gear, pointy-ends galore...

Actually, yes, Mad Max IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

• Like 1

-Rod Serling

there is so many warhammer pc titles.  every time we check out steam it seems as if there is a new warhammer title available. am hoping one day we get a crpg sea change for warhammer similar to the one we saw result from kotor being added to the star wars franchise. 40k would be our preference, but any warhammer cRPG would be welcome.  am not sure why we we can't get a decent warhammer crpg.  seems like such an obvious development opportunity.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Would be lovely to see a cRPG with a Harlequin party. They have all the DnD archtypes represented - 

Fighters:

Harlequins_vs_Daemons.png

Thief:

Solitaire.png

Mage:

Female_Shadowseer.jpg

Ranger:

DeathJesterColor.jpg

Though I'd be pretty psyched to see a DMC/Bayonetta-style action game featuring the Solitaire. Given how they can eat an Imperial Knight alive in the tabletop, this isn't too far from how it would look:

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 3

-Rod Serling