Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How Mainstream media produce Fake News

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2339 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
I believe the drama queens want to leave not because they can't handle four years of Trump, but because they can't handle the fact that the country they live in has enough horrible **** that want those four years of Trump. Big difference. Trump can only do so much damage in his limited time but the people who voted for him stay forever.
  • aluminiumtrioxid likes this

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts

I believe the drama queens want to leave not because they can't handle four years of Trump, but because they can't handle the fact that the country they live in has enough horrible **** that want those four years of Trump. Big difference. Trump can only do so much damage in his limited time but the people who voted for him stay forever.

I agree, but their view is short sighted. The issue of populism is not that people truely agree with the populist, it is that the populist portaits everything but himself as bad, and the people frustrated with those in power decide to follow not so much for the actual ideology but more because of a certain desperation. Have you heard of Weber? A sociologist... The basic idea is that in a capitalistic society everything is rationalised: Only what is based on fact and evidence should be true, political power is given by elections and law (rather than say tradition or survival of the fittest), people are expected to male decisions based on logic and rationality rather than emotion and gut and so on. Now, at some point, a society may experience an overrationalisation, which basically means that people are fed up with this alienating world. So, mindsets change. In politics, this means that people turn away from "rational" figures and towards one of two others: Traditional or charismatic. With Trump, we see a return to a charisma driven leadershgip. Brexit is an example for traditional values returning. This all meas that people find the world and especially politics too rationalised; in other words too emotionless, too cold, too alienating, too bureaucratic and so on.

Trumpbeing president does not show that people like his ideology so much, but that they are fed up with the concrete (rather than underlying ideologies) politics now

Edited by Ben No.3, 12 January 2017 - 01:32 PM.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2339 posts
I don't disagree, I'm just explaining to Bruce that Trump himself isn't necesarily why they're leaving.

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4540 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just imagine how different US and Canadian politics would be if everyone who said they'd move to Canada if the winning candidate won actually moved to Canada...

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16950 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"I believe the drama queens want to leave not because they can't handle four years of Trump, but because they can't handle the fact that the country they live in has enough horrible **** that want those four years of Trump. Big difference. Trump can only do so much damage in his limited time but the people who voted for him stay forever.  "

L0L But, no. The people you at ehating on voted for Obama as well. They threatened to move because of Trump. they said so themselves. FACT.

But, it isn't surprising that it is rich white people who tend to be the ones spam that nonsense.        

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8471 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

Of course, people said they were going to move to Canada after Obama got elected for the 2nd term. So people are just dumb.

• TrueNeutral likes this

Barothmuk

Barothmuk

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

Wether you dislike or like Lenin, he did get this one right

Ironically I've never seen a source for this quote.

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4328 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

Wether you dislike or like Lenin, he did get this one right

Ironically I've never seen a source for this quote.

Baro thats the beauty of knowing history, you dont need a  source  :yes:

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2339 posts

Of course, people said they were going to move to Canada after Obama got elected for the 2nd term. So people are just dumb.

Also when gay marriage was legalized, despite having legalized it nearly a decade earlier. And it's the left wing who are labled dumb drama queens now. Go figure.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6953 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Also when gay marriage was legalized, despite having legalized it nearly a decade earlier. And it's the left wing who are labled dumb drama queens now. Go figure.

well, we got trump as President simple 'cause while all the liberal drama queens complained, they didn't bother to actual show up and vote.  dummies.

HA! Good Fun!

• Hurlshot and redneckdevil like this

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2339 posts

Yeah I know. I was illustrating Hurl's point that both sides are demonstrations of Sturgeon's Law. It's like how suddenly everyone's screaming about how left-wing media is lying when Fox News exists.

• redneckdevil and algroth like this

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Grass is greener and all that. In Argentina there were a lot of people threatening to leave the country if such and such won the elections, from either side: people threatened to leave the country when Kirchnerism got elected a third time, in disbelief that they could still be supported after sinking our economy so low and so blatantly stealing money from the national reserves (right now twelve of them including the former two-time president and vice-president are being charged for numerous instances of corruption); when Macri won in 2015 it was the Kirchnerists that bemoaned his rise to power and wished to exile themselves in true 70s Dirty War fashion, even when the current political climate was so different it merited no such thing and they too were to blame for Macri's election. So, yeah, Sturgeon's Law stays strong.

Edited by algroth, 13 January 2017 - 05:21 AM.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8787 posts

If you gonna move everytime a moron is elected you'll very soon run out of places.

• ShadySands likes this

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2146 posts

To be fair when Obola was reelected Canada had a conservative government, and now they got their own version of Obola, so circumstances have changed in both countries.

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Horseshoe theory. Its just that the left have been especially loud in their dumb****ery for the last couple years that the right now seeems like the reasonable ones. If the left can quiet down the safe space trigger warning "everyone who disagrees with me is a racist misogynist" morons, we will start hearing the "won't anyone think of the CHILDREN!?" morons again.
  • ShadySands likes this

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16950 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The left has those types too.  L0L

Both the left and the right are poopy heads. But, at least when the right says poopy things  they are slam dunked for it.

Just look at the media's reaction when it comes to banning movies, books, etc. and when the left does it. Same **** different pile.

• HoonDing likes this

Chippy

Chippy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Have watched a couple of documentaries and following the BBC here in the UK, and am pretty annoyed at how they paint Trump as a Russian "agent".  The tone set is that the russians hacked the elections, Trump is an idiot for not accepting it, and is generally an idiot overall.

I respect free speech, so people are free to voice their oppinions.  I just wonder if these same people will have the grace to accept Trump as a leader if he brings prosperity and raises the standard of living over the next four years.  As an example - I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I watched a documentary about Detroit, now if Trump raised the standard of living for everyone in that city over the next 4 years - surely all of his critics would have to acknowlege him as a positive president?.

...surely?

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16950 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Espicially since people who keep spamming about how the Russians hacked the elections are actually insulting Obama as   I believe he is the first and only president to have a foreign power hack an Amerikan election. And, he has done NOTHING about it except cry and pout. LMAO

• Chippy likes this

Chippy

Chippy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's also all over the news that the "bromance" between Trump and Putin may end in war and tears because they are both such adversarial leaders, and yet it was Hillary Clinton who made a tirade against Russia by stating America would respond with military force to cyber attacks.

I'd just like the trade deal between US & UK to get started because currently I need to pay a $300 import tax on a tool only distriubuted to the US.  Which I assume has been put in place bu the EU to control the market. Be great to be in a good position instead of at the back of the queue where Obama wanted us because we're all racist nationalists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users