What you did today

Gorth

Friday night/Saturday morning my allergies started up something awful. Or that's what I thought. Seems more like I have a cold.

The second cold in a month.

Dayquil provides about 30 minutes of relief after taking it, so I've got that going for me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Found out the coffee girl is unimpressed by my hitting paragon 300 in the new D3 season

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Human beings are so poorly manufactured that we can't taste anything when our noses our clogged.

I demand a refund.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nature is so blasted overrated sometimes... woke up at 4am when the Kookaburras started. Didn't stop until 5am. That's when the pigeons (aka "flying rats" locally, being for all intent and purposes rats with wings) started and didn't let up with their infernal noise until 6:30. Not a cat around when you need one :(

Kookaburra sound...

https://youtu.be/UXA0-YAoo9Q

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been on sick leave seven days this month. Not good for your salary. Been playing an ungodly amount of games and also been reading when I can't get sleep.

Will be working tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

You have my sympathies, I'm on 50% sickleave at the moment, and it's costing me a ****ing fortune. Been on sick leave since November, started working 50% in December, 75% wrecked me and I had to go back to 50% again.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Human beings are so poorly manufactured that we can't taste anything when our noses our clogged.

I demand a refund.

It will be patched in future releases.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I demand a refund.

It will be patched in future releases.

Or modders will fix it

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Went shopping for groceries. Bought fruits and vegetables, and breakfast cereals, dairies.

Forgot to buy any 'actual' food though. :|

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've been on sick leave seven days this month. Not good for your salary. Been playing an ungodly amount of games and also been reading when I can't get sleep.

Will be working tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

You have my sympathies, I'm on 50% sickleave at the moment, and it's costing me a ****ing fortune. Been on sick leave since November, started working 50% in December, 75% wrecked me and I had to go back to 50% again.

We have a crapton of people on sick leave. I told my boss that the situation we are in was very possible a few months ago, but she didn't really listen, and here we are: Several people home with stress and sickness.

Been doing well this week, so I'm happy. Also, the stocks I have invested in has finally turned from negative to positive. Good times.

• Like 1

We have a crapton of people on sick leave. I told my boss that the situation we are in was very possible a few months ago, but she didn't really listen, and here we are: Several people home with stress and sickness.

Been doing well this week, so I'm happy. Also, the stocks I have invested in has finally turned from negative to positive. Good times.

I'm not at all surprised, from what you've said that place is awful. Stress is not a problem we have at work really, but there is alot of lifting wich cause people to injure themselves in different ways, shoulders, backs, wrists and elbows tend to give out. I'm honestly quite surprised about how few real accidents we've had there though, many people tend to skimp on the safety routines. Hell, skimp, they don't bother with them at all.

Most annoyingly our branch has the highest production in all of Sweden, but we have the lowest wage. People are getting really pissed off that we're getting nothing of the profits. It's not a small amount that differs either, we're talking of nearly 200€ difference. And the union is being limpwristed about things aswell.

• Like 1

Is "stress" a legitimate excuse for calling off work in Sweden?

Not necessarilly, but you can get it diagnosed, and then you can.

Edit; More like "burnt out"

Edit 2; We're talking about symptoms like depression and anxiety, insomnia and similar things. So if the doctors diagnose it as such you'll get help recovering, that can include sick leave. You can't call in and say you're not coming to work because you're too stressed though. :)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Seems sensible. Pretty sure some will sneer at it, cause they're hard :p

Need to find a course to take online, bored at night

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seems sensible. Pretty sure some will sneer at it, cause they're hard :p

Need to find a course to take online, bored at night

I think so too, it can cause alot of problems down the line that'll cost loads of more money if nothing else. Someone that has the diagnosis isn't going to be a productive worker.

You are a programmer, right Malc? Are there any programming languages you don't know yet that may be useful?

A lot. I have been thinking of getting certifications. Maybe useless but is a piece of paper I can impress chicks with.

Maybe.

• Like 1