What you did today

Gorth

Congrats on your healthy bowel movements. I am not sure what the acronym ISP means in relation to a fibrous diet, but it is probably best left as a mystery.   :ninja:

Thank you! I'm very proud of it, I named it 'Conan', for it left a wake of blood and tears...
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Congrats on your healthy bowel movements. I am not sure what the acronym ISP means in relation to a fibrous diet, but it is probably best left as a mystery.   :ninja:

Thank you! I'm very proud of it, I named it 'Conan', for it left a wake of blood and tears...

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Today I got eliminated in our blood Bowl league. Mostly because I am a good sport, and when the other team was down I didn't spend the rest of the game fouling to kill even more players. We played overtime and ended that with a score of 6 - 6. Penalties (a d6 roll since there had to be a winner) the other team won :p

My team walked off the pitch, the opponents had to be carried off. If that's victory... ;)

Yesterday though it was snowing.

Now I am trying to upload gifs of the snowfall.

Using you lot as test subjects :)

s7LLNTk.gif

jEhzJEa.gif

N664172.gif

• Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Athens. It was snowing last night (it doesn't normally snow in the city) so I did a midnight stroll up the hill to the acropolis. Figured it was a great opportunity to get some images few people would have.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, I don't really know how to use a camera properly, so I was switching between my canon and my phone for different results. Would have been neat to know how to do "good" photos. But since nobody with a proper camera seemed to be around, my friends had to do with my crummy shots. Dunno if this link will work for the actual photos (if anyone is interested) https://www.facebook.com/tsiakalos/posts/10155056686374236?pnref=story

Edited by melkathi

Was called by my mother as she was collapsing last night at 2am. Had to run two miles down to her place, expecting the worst, but thankfully it was a blood pressure drop due to something she ate, little more than that. Was a scary situation however.

I'm glad that your mother is fine but I have to ask: why did you run 2 miles?

Don't you have a car or at least a bike?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Was called by my mother as she was collapsing last night at 2am. Had to run two miles down to her place, expecting the worst, but thankfully it was a blood pressure drop due to something she ate, little more than that. Was a scary situation however.

Don't, unfortunately. I ought to get a bike, though, for certain.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Don't, unfortunately. I ought to get a bike, though, for certain.

Can't have better motivation than to be prepared for when **** like this happen.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Today I got eliminated in our blood Bowl league. Mostly because I am a good sport, and when the other team was down I didn't spend the rest of the game fouling to kill even more players. We played overtime and ended that with a score of 6 - 6. Penalties (a d6 roll since there had to be a winner) the other team won :p

My team walked off the pitch, the opponents had to be carried off. If that's victory... ;)

Yesterday though it was snowing.

Now I am trying to upload gifs of the snowfall.

Using you lot as test subjects :)

(images)

all those years o' fantasy movies and novels has ruined us.  we look at the scenes o' snow at the acropolis and it feels incomplete.  am waiting for the swarm o' winged demons, and perhaps an angry greek god to emerge all backlit and spookified. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Got another stuffed penguin. Just need a name for it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What does that bring your total of stuffed penguins to?

I dont collect anything in particular (except games in my various digital libraries that Ill never even install). :lol: Why do I do that? I dont know.

EDIT: Here's a list of fictional penguins if that helps draw inspiration.

15 now. Running out of shelf space for them :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually have 22. Huh. I just like them. Next time I vacuum them I'll take a photo (then you can all laugh at my ancient Episode I comforter :lol:)

• Like 1

suggestions: lokai or bele.

shady or manifested might get it w/o google help.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If you haven't already named one of the penguins Tux then you should probably name one of them Tux.

I have a Tux. University bookstore had one, grabbed it for $10 or so. Even has a badge!
  • Like 1

If you haven't already named one of the penguins Tux then you should probably name one of them Tux.

I have a Tux. University bookstore had one, grabbed it for $10 or so. Even has a badge!

Pic please  :dancing:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks