Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

Bloggers Paradise

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6740 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Coworker was talking about his Tinder match wanting a connection, and my first question was "UDP or TCP?". Then we spent a while figuring out how Networking terms could be applied to relationships
  • Deadly_Nightshade likes this

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1690 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I've seen it all, man. Today I spent the day in a home with a split-level koi pond in the living room.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Got my fiber connection working today. Now I only have to find out who my ISP actually is...

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8368 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

Got my fiber connection working today. Now I only have to find out who my ISP actually is...

Congrats on your healthy bowel movements. I am not sure what the acronym ISP means in relation to a fibrous diet, but it is probably best left as a mystery.   :ninja:

• Deadly_Nightshade and Azdeus like this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3134 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got my fiber connection on monday and it doesnt work. :D dsl connects, but then my router only throws PPPoE errors. Already called the hotline, but this crap takes like forever... doubt anything will happen today and tomorrow i wont be home... so annoying.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Congrats on your healthy bowel movements. I am not sure what the acronym ISP means in relation to a fibrous diet, but it is probably best left as a mystery.   :ninja:

Thank you! I'm very proud of it, I named it 'Conan', for it left a wake of blood and tears...
  • Hurlshot likes this

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4425 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thank you! I'm very proud of it, I named it 'Conan', for it left a wake of blood and tears...

• ShadySands and Azdeus like this

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2775 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Today I got eliminated in our blood Bowl league. Mostly because I am a good sport, and when the other team was down I didn't spend the rest of the game fouling to kill even more players. We played overtime and ended that with a score of 6 - 6. Penalties (a d6 roll since there had to be a winner) the other team won :p
My team walked off the pitch, the opponents had to be carried off. If that's victory... ;)

Yesterday though it was snowing.
Now I am trying to upload gifs of the snowfall.
Using you lot as test subjects :)

s7LLNTk.gif

jEhzJEa.gif

N664172.gif
  • Gfted1, Hiro Protagonist, ShadySands and 1 other like this

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Was called by my mother as she was collapsing last night at 2am. Had to run two miles down to her place, expecting the worst, but thankfully it was a blood pressure drop due to something she ate, little more than that. Was a scary situation however.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 2775 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Good thing it wasn't anything serious!

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Good thing it wasn't anything serious!

Yeah. Cool gifs by the way, where did you take them?

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 2775 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Athens. It was snowing last night (it doesn't normally snow in the city) so I did a midnight stroll up the hill to the acropolis. Figured it was a great opportunity to get some images few people would have.

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Nice! I thought it could be, but wanted to be sure (I've seen replicas elsewhere and so on). Anyhow, thanks for sharing! I'd say the snow is pretty visible in all three, with the second one looking a little more like rain perhaps. Hope it helps. ;)

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 2775 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, I don't really know how to use a camera properly, so I was switching between my canon and my phone for different results. Would have been neat to know how to do "good" photos. But since nobody with a proper camera seemed to be around, my friends had to do with my crummy shots. Dunno if this link will work for the actual photos (if anyone is interested) https://www.facebook...236?pnref=story

Edited by melkathi, 10 January 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3441 posts

Was called by my mother as she was collapsing last night at 2am. Had to run two miles down to her place, expecting the worst, but thankfully it was a blood pressure drop due to something she ate, little more than that. Was a scary situation however.

I'm glad that your mother is fine but I have to ask: why did you run 2 miles?

Don't you have a car or at least a bike?

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Don't, unfortunately. I ought to get a bike, though, for certain.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6418 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock

Glad to hear your mother is okay, algoth.  I imagine that was insanely stressful.

• algroth likes this

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The view from 5.30am this morning. Hard session as it was already 27c (81F) according to my car. It's going to be a hot day today. Two instructors are out of the picture setting up the course. A lot of people eventually turned up at the beach around 6.30-7.00am by the time we finished.

Spoiler

• melkathi and algroth like this

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3441 posts

Don't, unfortunately. I ought to get a bike, though, for certain.

Can't have better motivation than to be prepared for when **** like this happen.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6833 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Today I got eliminated in our blood Bowl league. Mostly because I am a good sport, and when the other team was down I didn't spend the rest of the game fouling to kill even more players. We played overtime and ended that with a score of 6 - 6. Penalties (a d6 roll since there had to be a winner) the other team won :p
My team walked off the pitch, the opponents had to be carried off. If that's victory... ;)

Yesterday though it was snowing.
Now I am trying to upload gifs of the snowfall.
Using you lot as test subjects :)

(images)

all those years o' fantasy movies and novels has ruined us.  we look at the scenes o' snow at the acropolis and it feels incomplete.  am waiting for the swarm o' winged demons, and perhaps an angry greek god to emerge all backlit and spookified. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Amentep and melkathi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users