Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

Bloggers Paradise

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
552 replies to this topic

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Happy belated birthday Tale.

I've loaded up a new Skyrim character. Archery only. No enchanted items of any kind, no magic, no melee, and no armor. This one relies on stealth, strategy and agility. Let's see how this plays.

• Deadly_Nightshade likes this

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8632 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

My son has his first hockey class today. I've been working with him on skating since the summer, so hopefully he is ready. I may be more nervous than him. :p

That's exciting! How old is he?

He is six. He did great, I had no reaon to worry. I have been taking him skating for weeks and he was hesitant to skate without me holding his hand, but once he got out with other kids he had no problem. He got off the ice with a big smile after a good hour of work. He also was following directions from the coaches, which is more than I can say for half the kids. :p
  • Guard Dog, Krookie and Deadly_Nightshade like this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Happy belated birthday, Tale :)

IamNOOB

IamNOOB

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 133 posts

Today I watched THE GREAT WALL with M.Damon. More of a shooter than a movie in fact, Damon was scoring crits all the time :) I liked it !

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3246 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Happy belated Birthday Tale.

Also, congrats Hurl on surviving to one of those milestones. Or is that on keeping your kid alive to reach those milestones? ;)

I went with a relatively escapist Sunday of reading and listening to music after the struggles of insomnia. Trying to distract myself from a few circular thought patterns before the week starts anew and the various things get juggled.

Realised it's actually been a couple of months since I've had any meaningful conversations with anyone. That slightly weird realisation that the handful of local friends in the area share pretty much none of my interests and have all been engaged with babies/new kids, marriages, work and holidays. That and I've had the automatic slide into "polite, friendly, charming" mode whenever I've left the house and had to deal with general acquaintances and people at large.

• Hurlshot likes this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 598 posts

Realised it's actually been a couple of months since I've had any meaningful conversations with anyone. That slightly weird realisation that the handful of local friends in the area share pretty much none of my interests and have all been engaged with babies/new kids, marriages, work and holidays. That and I've had the automatic slide into "polite, friendly, charming" mode whenever I've left the house and had to deal with general acquaintances and people at large.

Yeah, I've been reluctant to meet many of my old friends that are interested in such things, it gets pretty annoying when their partners assume that I've just had bad luck and don't have any interest in those things, and try to impress my friends by being "nice" to me and wanting me to hook up with their single friends.

Then again it's fun to watch their faces when their brains go into bluescreen after I tell them I don't want girl/boyfriend and definetly not babies. :D

It did feel kind of nice when one exclaimed "But you're so damn handsome!".

The only babies I want is Obsidians babies. Though I'm a man, so that's not possible, but I doubt they'd feel happy about me wanting to come in Obsidian, might seem rude. :S

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8753 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Boo. :)

Just dropping in to say hello. Nice to see so many of the familiar faces around and that the forum itself is still here.

I sorta lost interest in gaming and the internet in general for a while, plus life got really busy, lost a few family members, hubby had a few serious health issues, etc. (he turned 50 last year, jeez, time flies...).

We bought another house that we were planning to retire into a while back but now we're having second thoughts re: location and workload to fix it up. It's a nice house tho, on an acre, with an Eichler-influenced giant open living area w/vaulted ceilings and near to some of hubby's family to boot. Driving back and forth from Bay Area up North is becoming a serious chore, however. We'll see.

... life is settling a bit recently and we're doing pretty good at the moment. Started getting a bit back into the 'net stuff during trips up North where there's not much else to do at night in a largely empty house, heh. Anyhoo, cheers all. :cat:

• Amentep, Leferd, Gfted1 and 8 others like this

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3246 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Welcome back, even if it is just a flying visit. ;)

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5127 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
How are the cats?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

Well, look who decided to visit and class the place up a bit. Hello Lady C. Been too long away.

• Deadly_Nightshade likes this

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Boo. :)

Just dropping in to say hello. Nice to see so many of the familiar faces around and that the forum itself is still here.
I sorta lost interest in gaming and the internet in general for a while, plus life got really busy, lost a few family members, hubby had a few serious health issues, etc. (he turned 50 last year, jeez, time flies...).

We bought another house that we were planning to retire into a while back but now we're having second thoughts re: location and workload to fix it up. It's a nice house tho, on an acre, with an Eichler-influenced giant open living area w/vaulted ceilings and near to some of hubby's family to boot. Driving back and forth from Bay Area up North is becoming a serious chore, however. We'll see.

... life is settling a bit recently and we're doing pretty good at the moment. Started getting a bit back into the 'net stuff during trips up North where there's not much else to do at night in a largely empty house, heh. Anyhoo, cheers all. :cat:

My dream home is an Eichler --belatedly regretting that I could have had an opportunity to make a go of one a few years back. Saw a listing for another Eichler in the same neighborhood a few days back. Price has more than tripled since 2011.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8753 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

How are the cats?

Just have one (the black one in my avatar) - his buddy passed. Mr. Black ended up with hyperthyoid and nearly died as well, but medicine seems to work for now. :)

My dream home is an Eichler --belatedly regretting that I could have had an opportunity to make a go of one a few years back. Saw a listing for another Eichler in the same neighborhood a few days back. Price has more than tripled since 2011.

Yeah they've become quite the prestige/desirable retro house purchase as of late. Ours isn't an actual Eichler, couldn't afford something like that. But the guy who built it was obviously a fan. :D

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7030 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Welcome back LC. Was worried you were dead or something :p

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 598 posts

Welcome back Lady C! It's good to see you again! =)

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4939 posts

So I've gone back to school - to study teaching, as I might've mentioned - and lo' and behold if teachers are not super geeks. I now have a steady roleplaying group every Tuesday on Campus, with 15-30 people coming every week. Great fun.

And great to see you again LC, now we just need Woldan and we can get a photography thread going :)

• Hurlshot and Azdeus like this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 598 posts

*Drinks a glass of rum to ease out the back pain* -> *Gets tipsy* What the hell happened there?!

My sleeping pills shouldn't be taken to often since they're addictive and ****s with your greymatter over time, BUT THE DOCTORS NEVER MENTIONED RUM! MWAHAHAHA!

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10616 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
I attended a writing group yesterday. Actually a little disappointed because of how casual the whole thing was. It was less a group for writers to help each other and more a group for writers to chat. A little too self-guided would be one way to put it.

It was also the first time I've gone to a social event in over 7 years. So that was nice. I'm pretty sure I convinced them all I was a normal well adjusted adult. The fools.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4531 posts

Somewhere in my apartment complex is one of those smoke alarms that emit a test noise every other minute.

Considering burning the building down to find out where. 

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 526 posts
So my beautiful girlfriend and me have this running joke since we found a certain meme...
208e905d62472631db76fb89a5b1a996.png

Now today, we finally turned it into an absolutely wonderful flag. Attached in Thumbnail

Attached Files

Edited by Ben No.3, 26 March 2017 - 08:44 AM.

• Azdeus and Messier-31 like this

BrotherFerg

BrotherFerg

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts

Today I laid in bed and thought about video games between naps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users