Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6-5 is the opposite of easy

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

cwheezy

cwheezy

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Imo its best to skip your turn if you dont know what is next in the deck, because you might get molly whopped by karzoug. I run with a ton of augury and scrys because those spells are bonkers good and spyglasses for the non magical lame o's. 

The annoying part for me was I picked all the backstab stuff for merisiel only to be surprised that it was total trash here, great.

Eumaios

Eumaios

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 92 posts

Twice I had situations where I was about to kill Karzoug, but the game bugged after he did all his BYA checks and just ended the combat with him undefeated.

This happened to me repeatedly with my six character party.  I was saving the legendary run for Into the Eye with my four character group until my six character party caught up, but then I stopped playing in the hopes that this ever vanishing Karzoug would be resolved.  Any word?

Also, the last scenario isn't all that tough as long as you're patient.  Keep people healed and make sure you fight when you want to fight.  Get Karzoug on the bottom of the deck and then make sure nothing happens to reshuffle it.  I've finished it up through heroic (or whatever the middle thing is called) with one group and then I stopped a few weeks ago until I was fairly certain the Karzoug thing was fixed.  My six person party faced him as the last person in the deck three times where all the pre-fight stuff would resolve and then he'd just go back into the deck before battle.  At that point, I looked around for the hidden camera and group of psychologist taking notes on the effect of major frustration on a gamer.

Eumaios

Eumaios

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 92 posts
I'd apologize for the bump, but no one seems to care about this joint much anyhow. I sat down tonight for the first time in at least a couple of weeks to play some Pathfinder and beat the last scenario on legendary. Good times! Everything went like clockwork. I mean, you ditch a lot of cards, but it's all about balancing the clock against smart exploration. I only faced Karzoug once and it didn't do that weird thing where he keeps getting shuffled back into a deck in which he's the only card. I knew he was last 'cause I put him there, got to him with my druid armed with Sunburst and Val jonesin' for blood. Ezren used Staff of Hungry shadows for 15 and then 13, and Karzoug went down like a cheap hooker during fleet week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users