Linux RadenSI won't start

DarekDeo

Question

Description:

Hi! I would like to report issue with RadeonSI/AMDGPU Mesa open source driver. The game simply doesn't start anymore using newest Mesa drivers. I am on Ubuntu 16.04 and using Oibaf PPA to have up to date drivers from mesa git. The game stopped working since last updates (both Mesa and game, so can't tell which caused the issue). I have Steam version of the game. Other Steam games do work without problems, because of this I decided to report the issue here on the PoE forums, not on the Mesa driver issue/mailing list.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

I have Dell Inspiron 7548, it has 2 graphic cards (Intel by default and AMD/Radeon as dedicated). Mentioning this because Intel gpu runs game fine, I can't run the game anymore using only AMD gpu (using command in terminal "DRI_PRIME=1 steam" to tell Radeon to run Steam and following that every game will work on dedicated Radeon gpu). As I did mention above, it worked perfectly before updates.

Important Files:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88194181/poe_radeon_linux_issue_files.zip

poe_radeon_linux_issue_files.zip

3 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue, the screen just flickers a bit and then drops back to the desktop.

Temporarily resolved it by removing the PPA and downgrading using:

sudo ppa-purge ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers

EDIT: Nevermind the workaround, it broke a lot of stuff including steam.

I also have a core dump of the game which may be of some use, though I'd rather not share it on a public forum (it's a dump of a part of my pc memory after all).

Attached is the gog system report from before my driver-rollback.

wizard_11_47_09_12_2016.html

Edited by Wieke