Update 3.04 is now live on Steam, Origin, and GOG

I hope they'll release a hot fix but I doubt being bashed for releasing one more patch is going to make them particularly willing.

I hope they release, at least one patch, that fixes all existing bugs and produce no another.

• Like 1

But Andreacolombo tell the truth : WHY nobody found this bug during the time of beta ?...

No one who owns PoE on GoG had access to the beta as I understand it. This includes Andrea, so he certainly can't be blamed for not finding the bug.

Edited by JerekKruger

I agree the bug is a problem if confirmed on saves other than the OP's, and I hope there will be a fix. What I take issue with is people with access to the beta doing no testing at all, then coming here and bashing the devs because a bug was found. It's a matter of attitude, rather than of content.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wait and see.

I'll test the Gog version.

For the bashing, it's not malicious, it's logical. We are in 3.04... about ~10 patchs. This is the last, guys. And this bug (if confirmed) is silent major bug. 

I use very often the quicksave. Its very practical.

Otherwise, the game is awsome, its not a question of bashing.

to confirm.

Edited by theBalthazar

I agree the bug is a problem if confirmed on saves other than the OP's, and I hope there will be a fix. What I take issue with is people with access to the beta doing no testing at all, then coming here and bashing the devs because a bug was found. It's a matter of attitude, rather than of content.

TS has upload his saves. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lma6iju9g1cmj8s/AAD9S992cLJmnMwRm3OhrcJha?dl=0

Anyone might try. I'm not sure - is this only for Stalwart or any other area in the game, but it's not right. Whatever, if you can beat first pack of ogres (accuracy 77-78) without save, next pack have 86 accuracy. How so?! It's the same ogres. WTF, Obsidian?

Edited by Phenomenum

I think this is being blown out of proportion a little, I was mainly curious to see if Obsidian were open to a hotfix rather than insisting on one. The bug does in some fashion seem avoidable, so it's not a huge problem at all - but as it's on the critical path, at least in terms of the expansion, it might be worthy of a hotfix.

Plus, if it's only confined to Stalwart, which I think is the case then it's just a few encounters in a whole game full of more difficult ones. An annoyance, to be sure, but a fairly minor one - especially when you consider Obsidian have pulled out all the stops and done a great job on the patch otherwise.

• Like 4

Plus, if it's only confined to Stalwart, which I think is the case then it's just a few encounters in a whole game full of more difficult ones. An annoyance, to be sure, but a fairly minor one - especially when you consider Obsidian have pulled out all the stops and done a great job on the patch otherwise.

And especially when you compare it to, say, Baldur's Gate 2, which had a list of known bugs as long as your arm which never received an official fix, yet somehow manages to be a favourite of many people.

But yeah, whilst the bug is annoying, there's a simple work around for non-ToI games (hard save before hand and load that rather than the autosave) and the only ways the bug causes a problem for ToI games is if (i) the player travels to Stalwart then immediately decides to quit and reload or (ii) is using some trick to get around the point of ToI. I'd imagine (i) is fairly rare (wouldn't most people quit before travelling to Stalwart?) and (ii) is, well, bizarre to my mind given that it defeats the purpose of ToI.

Then, even if you do fall into one of these two categories, all that is happening is that a handful of encounters are becoming easier. You're not going to lose a ToI run as a result of this bug: if you die in Stalwart after activating the bug then you would have died anyway.

• Like 1

3.04 is out on GoG.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wait wait... 1.5GB on Steam and 12 MB on gog... What ?

That's because you GoG users don't get all the super secret extra content that we steam users get. Our patch included 100 new Soulbound items, the White March part III, the first chapter of PoE2 and a cheque for $1000...

More seriously, that is a pretty huge size difference. Is the GoG patch really that small?

• Like 2

Steam doesn't really care about bandwidth usage. From what I've seen it tends to download a new version of any file that has been modified.

Maybe GoG instead actually patches files?

GOG patches the files, so there is probably some good magic behind the process. The patch is pretty small, but the process took a while, with thousands of files and maybe 2 GB in action. I thought the process had crashed, but after maybe 2 minutes it was done. And during the process the folder was maybe 2 GB bigger than at the end. So well done GOG (although I don't like the delay with patches) :)

PS: Steam sucks! :)

• Like 2

Beat you to it, mate ;)

Thanks for continuing to work on the game. It's reassuring to see such commitment.

This, exactly. I appreciate all of the dedication and hard work. I have the game on GOG and it's one of my all-time favorites. Due to the dedication, I pre-ordered the biggest edition of Tyranny.

• Sabre base damage has dropped to 11-16, and it will have a +20% damage mod.

Does the damage mod use up an anvil slot?

If so, RIP dual-sabre Rogue.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Does the damage mod use up an anvil slot?

It doesn't.

• Like 1

Wait wait... 1.5GB on Steam and 12 MB on gog... What ?

Quite a while ago Gog has learned to use an binary diff tool on the base game patches, so i can pack a pretty small update which only contains the changes for the existing files.

But the have never applied it to the linux extensions, they are still 3GB and 2.1GB -.-

*edit* But its useless if the free space is tight, the patch tool can (does?) not work in place, and needs more than 500mb free space to work.

Edited by Xaratas

Quite a while ago Gog has learned to use an binary diff tool on the base game patches, so i can pack a pretty small update which only contains the changes for the existing files.

But the have never applied it to the linux extensions, they are still 3GB and 2.1GB -.-

Do you mean prior to this time? Because the Linux patches are very small. The 3.04 patch is 13 MB.

It does require a great deal more free space than that to unpack and apply, but the actual download is done in seconds.