Hi!

I just discovered that Citzal's Spirit Lance + Knockdown allows you to prone in an AoE. I have a fighter called "The Leaping Frog" with Acuan Giamas (spell stealing morning star) and when I fought against High Arcanist Ysly I stole the lance and did some Knockdown with it. Funny thing!

I suppose this also works with a wizard + Girdle of the Driving Wave. It's "only" 1/encounter, but still. :) I think Envenomed Strike also works in an AoE with the lance - like with implement's blast. Sadly, Runner's Wounding Shot does not. Glittering Gauntlets should also daze in an AoE with the lance. I see a build coming up. ;) 

• Like 6

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sounds like another case where effects can be applied buggily in an AoE, but compared to say the Black Path this doesn't feel buggy - especially seeing as the prone effects are limited in scope to a couple of items (plus it's one of the things the devs have said their definitely not patching, so to me that sounds like an official endorsement to abuse with wild abandon ;)). I'd bet a Rogue with Acuan Giamas in the same situation would have had a field day with all their Strikes.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

Yes, but it's very rare to steal Citzal's Spirit Lance. Most of the time you steal really crappy spells. ;)

A wizard could cast Citzal's Spirit Lance at will - and Knockdown he can get via Girdle of the Driving Wave. Ican't think of any other special attack you can get via items... is there any (besides those Siegebreaker Gauntlets with Clear Out)?

There is one watcher ability... Dual soul or something along that... It is a full attack and has an ridiculously high DR bypass. Might be worth it.

EDIT: it is "sever the soul", and it does a full attack, weakens the target and has a DR bypass of 25... How awesome is that?! How is this not part of every single barbarian or blast wizard build? ;)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

This ability is amusing me... It creates a situation where I feel bad for using lighter weapons because I don't take full advantage of the DR bypass ;)

And everybody knows

Yes, but it's very rare to steal Citzal's Spirit Lance. Most of the time you steal really crappy spells. ;)

A wizard could cast Citzal's Spirit Lance at will - and Knockdown he can get via Girdle of the Driving Wave. Ican't think of any other special attack you can get via items... is there any (besides those Siegebreaker Gauntlets with Clear Out)?

Nope, Clear Out was the other one I was thinking of - but I guess that's already AoE. Still, two Prone AoEs sound pretty cool.

Edited by Jojobobo

Clear Out, and the Lance Knockdown you're talking about. I guess Slicken is an easier way to produce Prone, but being able to do damage while you're at it is quite a benefit.

Is there an item that gives Clear Out?
as Boeroer mentioned, the Siegebreaker's gloves do. They also give +4 Res Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Clear Out won't work I guess. It doesn't use your weapons, but has it's own AoE base damage. In fact, it's completely independent from any weapon you wear - it also works if you have ranged weapons equipped (also see the looters in Whitestone Hollow that do Clear Outs with their crossbows). So I think it doesn't care for the Spirit Lance's AoE effect.

So I guess we're stuck with Knockdown 1/encounter. Nice addition to AoE Envenomed Strike and Sever the Soul (untested), but nothing too spectacular if we can't find anything else.