RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

I know my excitement for Final Fantasy XV should be more restrained, but it's simply not happening.

Also it went gold.

No do not be... They have just announced online multiplayer... sigh

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/27/final-fantasy-xv-goes-gold-gets-online-multiplayer/

I am really thinking hard about cancelling my limited edition preorder... yes I have preordered it, despite thinking it will be as bad as Lightning Returns, but I have decided long time ago, this will be my last FF game, which I buy before it hits 10 bucks bargain bin sale...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The online MP is just something they're going to do with DLC. Doesn't sound too bad. Just like something that's going to stop me from getting the season pass.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Found via Gamebanshee: "How 2K Killed Irrational Games"

https://hackernoon.com/how-2k-killed-irrational-games-a09d8865fd8b#.f2bgpydgh

And Bethesda ruined a bunch of companies so that they could purchase them, and Hollywood ruined Orson Welles and Walt Disney. Business is ****ing over a bunch of people to make profit, at this point you think that developers would have figured out a way to **** back.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Found via Gamebanshee: "How 2K Killed Irrational Games"

https://hackernoon.com/how-2k-killed-irrational-games-a09d8865fd8b#.f2bgpydgh

And Bethesda ruined a bunch of companies so that they could purchase them, and Hollywood ruined Orson Welles and Walt Disney. Business is ****ing over a bunch of people to make profit, at this point you think that developers would have figured out a way to **** back.

And whatever you do, don't glance over at EA with Origin Systems and (arguably) Bioware.  What happened to Pandemic?  The big fish eat the little fish so they can poop. 

High level play in Oblivion as a fighter/archer was absolutely horrible.

Have fun hacking on a goblin warlord for ten minutes.

With mage at least you just twoshotted everything with the spellmaking. There were of course enemies almost immune to magic (like liches) but against those you used the Wabbajack.

In Morrowind magic was absolutely horrible, especially after Daggerfall. Also in Daggerfall potions were extremely rare and expensive (only to be bought in temples where you needed to become a member first).

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I liked levitation in Morrowind, really useful. For everything else I used my Daedra swords. 

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I liked levitation in Morrowind, really useful. For everything else I used my Daedra swords.

Destruction has always been mediocre. In MW the best damage spell was in Mysticism iirc. So, if you are using magic for damage then prepare to be underwhelmed. However, all the other schools were powerful. They supplement other builds. Destruction did have it's attribute damaging spells that were useful. An Archer with destruction could harm a melee enemies strength and basically paralyze them via encumbrance.

Conjuration, Mysticism, illusion, and restoration can down right break MW. Enchant can too, but it's a pain to level up by comparison and you can still fail at enchanting items.

If you knew what you were doing Magick in MW was incredibly powerful.

Where in Skyrim all the other schools suffered because of Shouts because they lost spells. They didn't make destruction useful though. You have to spam forever to do anything. They should have killed Destruction Vs Mysticism and spread damage spells out to the other schools.

• Like 1

Conjuration, Mysticism, illusion, and restoration can down right break MW. Enchant can too, but it's a pain to level up by comparison and you can still fail at enchanting items.

hey, that's right! I used Enchant a lot. man, your post brings back memories :)

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So... an actual Apollo LEM, positioned along the lunar limb where it never landed, and with the ascent component still in place. Was this from a secret mission we never heard about? And why are the rocks in deep shadow, but not the space suits?

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

So... an actual Apollo LEM, positioned along the lunar limb where it never landed, and with the ascent component still in place. Was this from a secret mission we never heard about? And why are the rocks in deep shadow, but not the space suits?

It's like they didn't even consult NASA about this stuff.

• Like 3

I've got a piece of gaming non-news for you:

RPS published an article titled "How RimWorld’s Code Defines Strict Gender Roles". If you want to give traffic to that atrocity, here's the link . Claudia Lo goes through source code of an unfinished game and does her damnest to discover why it's politically incorrect.

All right, so... Can anyone explain why on Earth am I still reading Rock Paper Shotgun?

RPS outdid themselves there. Comments are gold as well

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I actually found that article really interesting.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I actually found that article really interesting.

It could have been, with a different game taken for its subject and if it was less accusatory (I mean, "But what kind of system is being designed, that in order to ‘just make it work’, you wind up with a system where there will never be bisexual men?" Is the author ****ing serious?)

Like if what article has taken look at was, say, Crusader Kings 2 which is a very well documented game, that's been released for ages and also deals with defined genre roles (bonus points for being factual as opposed to what I quoted above) - yeah, that could have been interesting. In-development game which can easily have its gender roles defined by autor's sleep deprivation and which is already outdated, one day after its release? Nah. That's just click-bait.

Not to mention click-bait harmful to the developer, especially the bit about interview at the end (I know it's explained in the comments, but most people won't read the comments. Taken in isolation, that footnote sounds especially condemning.)

Edit: Altho, to be honest, to make something like this interesting to me personally, you'd kinda have to consider multiple sources and make your conclusions based on their similarities and potentially their cultural context, not ... "A dude wrote numbers in the code that he'll change anyway. And more importantly, there are things in the code that he didn't write, which is especially condemning because... Guuuuh... The game isn't finished so ... Eeeeeh ... Things that aren't there can't possibly appear."

Edited by Fenixp