Taking it to the hole. Hoops 2K17 Thread.

Leferd

A Final Four missing UC Davis is categorically unacceptable.

The Midwest bracket is the weakest. If they can win their way in and somehow get by Kansas it's not impossible. There is a Cinderella every year that captures everyone's attention. At lease until the clock strikes midnight in the sweet 16. I think it will be Middle Tennessee State this year but you never know.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

UC Davis won a place at the table. Your impossible dream is still alive. Of course now they have to beat Kansas.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

After day 1 I'm still in good shape. Not perfect but still OK. What did I tell you guys about Middle Tennessee State. My other upset, FGCU over Florida State didn't work so well though.

Thomas Sowell

The dream has died Leferd.

Thomas Sowell

You know, Russ is going to win the MVP, and deservedly so, since the guy is averaging a motherf*****g triple double, something that hasn't been done in over 55 years!  That said, my boy Isaiah started going ballistic partway into the season.  At first, it seemed like a flash in the pan, a passing trend, then, a couple months later, my man is still dropping 30 regularly, and at a good percentage.  You can't even compare it to Jeremy Lin's ridiculous hot streak, which lasted about 10 games, or Iverson's insane season, which had lower efficiency.  What Isaiah has been doing for the last 3 months or so is ridiculous.  Dude is flat out unstoppable on offense.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"You know, Russ is going to win the MVP, and deservedly so, since the guy is averaging a motherf*****g triple double, something that hasn't been done in over 55 years!  That said, my boy Isaiah started going ballistic partway into the season.  At first, it seemed like a flash in the pan, a passing trend, then, a couple months later, my man is still dropping 30 regularly, and at a good percentage.  You can't even compare it to Jeremy Lin's ridiculous hot streak, which lasted about 10 games, or Iverson's insane season, which had lower efficiency.  What Isaiah has been doing for the last 3 months or so is ridiculous.  Dude is flat out unstoppable on offense."

Harden should and will likely win the MVP.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The dream has died Leferd.

They were up 8-5. It was glorious.

There's been precedent for averaging a Triple Double over the course of a full season and coming in third in the MVP race (The Big O: 30.8/12.5/11.4)

Hell, that same year, Wilt Chamberlain averaged 50.4 pts and 25.7 reb and came in second.

My offficial non-binding votes:

MVP

1. Harden

2. Kawhi

3. LeBron

4. Russy

5. Isaiah 

DPOY:

1. Draymond

2. Kawhi

3. Gobert

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Wisconson has eliminated Villanova. Well, my bracket is busted.

Thomas Sowell

Louisville out, Villanova out, Xavier in the Sweet 16. What a bust.

Thomas Sowell

Mourning period ended. Back to pro hoops for me.

Hopefully, Stephen Curry can go back to his standard level of being greatest shooter in basketball history.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

flat earth fun

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm still in denial about Pluto.

am still in denial regarding oregon v. smith. got penn state friends who is in denial 'bout sandusky and paterno. one o' the smartest guys we know is in denial 'bout sodium content in foods, which is kinda tragic considering his CHF. am suspecting more than a few o' us has been in romantic relationships explicable in retrospect only by recognizing a kinda lunatic's denial.

am doubting charles would give you much grief regarding pluto denial.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, he does refer to himself as the Big Aristotle. Celestial bodies rotate around the Earth and all.

• Like 1

Tonight I'm sitting on my porch, enjoying the cool evening air and an adult beverage and listening to the Grizzlies/ Spurs game on the radio.

Thomas Sowell

Doctor of Education

Doctor

it does make one wonder.  am recalling shaq's undergrad degree were one o' those "general studies" degrees popular with athletes.  the mba were university of phoenix, yes?  

the doctorate

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/shaquille-oneal-barry-university-student-is-not-actually-doing-a-dissertation-6528603

am not certain shaq ever took education serious, which makes the doctorate in education kinda ironic.

HA! Good Fun!

He went to Duke and plays for the Cavaliers. Proof enough for me that Kyrie Irving is the Governor-General of Flat Earth Island.