Nerdgasm: Movies and Shows for Geeks and Nerds

ktchong

• 2 weeks later...

Here ya go:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmm... I thought Civil War was a major improvement over The Winter Soldier when it came to sheer style and visuals, but this just looks... Well... Drab, once more. It's a disappointment considering how one of the main qualities of recent MCU movies like Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Doctor Strange has been the sheer creativity in their aesthetic.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Did we ever post/talk about Alex Garland's Annihilation?

I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

What a strange trailer... but excited for the movie nonetheless.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Okay so here's the real (final) trailer... without the documentary stuff.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Uh, no. You just linked the documentary stuff with 5 seconds of different intro.

Tis fixed :)

• Like 1

Goldblum being back is exciting, but Jurassic World was steaming condensed disappointment.

It will server as a fantastic case study for future script writers of what not to do.

What, leave audiences applauding and make a gazillion dollars?

Not defending the film, I personally enjoyed it but that's because I'm a Jurassic Park fanboy who will lap anything up with that name on it and I am aware of that and that the film I enjoyed was ridiculously stupid. In spite of that, in any metric that matters to studios it was a resounding success?

Hopefully not the series, that got boring at the end, especially with the last book being a retelling of the third.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

she got them gollum eyes

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well it's based on a manga, that James Cameron had been planning to adapt for ages until he turned 110% of his attention to Avatar. At which RR was selected to direct.

I've never actually read the manga myself. But this hybrid style that they are going for is really weird. Hybrid in two ways. One, a mix of CGI and real people. Two, the anime aesthetic on Alita is not applied to the other androids. I can't tell if it's a movie aimed at kids, trying to capture a wider crowd, or in someway trying to tap in part to a simmering western fetish that the west, unlike Japan, is too prudish to wear bluntly on the sleeve. The whole fem-android trope clearly has always played to the later. Plus weird fudging of the aesthetic to cater to two crowds isn't helping it's case. I don't think it will be debase, but It seems like the creators have some strange priorities while exploring transhuman ideals.

I like Waltz and Connelly a lot, so maybe something will come of this. Not holding my breath. The trailer seems to over sell itself.