The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

Maybe Platon was right. Only great philosophical minds can lead country and other people need to serve their vision  :devil:

To me choice for as our great philosophical leader is clear, there is nobody better qualified to tell people what they should think than Bruce  :bow:

I would rather work in a committee, have like minded people who share a common vision of a prosperous and happy society :cat:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's just so you can slack off, then :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ecuador-cuts-julian-assanges-internet-access-wikileaks-002425066.html

So its confirmed, Ecuador has indeed cut Assanges Internet access, this will drive him insane with boredom and it serves him right

I wonder how long he will will last now before surrendering to the UK authorities?

When cheering for those in power, is it the only time when it you feel like you are part of something larger than you? Making history? Finding meaning or purpose?

Just curious.

I support a certain ideology like we all do. Assange is a parasite and a very divisive personality who has a personal grudge against the West and particularly the USA

Of course I feel like Im part of something greater when someone like Assange is unable to continue his cyber attacks on the USA, one less source of propaganda to worry about  :geek:

And the current administration doesn't do cyber attacks and indulge in propaganda? What is the difference?

Define  " indulge in propaganda ", you need to be specific and give examples ?

You mean something that you can just enter in wikipedia so you can discern on what propaganda you find acceptable? Not going that route, sonny.

Again, if that's the only reason for cheering for those in power, then "why?" if they are doing the very same thing as you claim Assange to do.

All countries use a degree of propaganda but Assange isn't a country, he isn't a president ....he isn't much actually

Assange quite simply represents a group of people that are opposed to the West and of course the USA and they seek to  undermine the West   whenever opportunity presents itself. HIs usage of propaganda surely cant be seen the same as when a country uses it ?

So cyber warfare and propaganda is a-ok as long as it serves your interests and your preconcieved notions of the "west". Got it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So cyber warfare and propaganda is a-ok as long as it serves your interests and your preconcieved notions of the "west". Got it.

And it took you so long to 'Got it'? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Oh, i knew that from the start. I just needed some entertainment.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bruce has mentioned that stuff long ago though, not sure why it is a revelation in any sort at this point. People have dogs in fights and integrity is something everyone claims they have but are largely lying.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

_91959156_nobody10.png

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Actually one of the lanes continues exactly like it did before. No one is really actively bothering to fix the pavement, or add safety railings (they interfere with personal freedoms, apparently), or even draw lines on the ground. That lane is still in the same basic condition as before, at least, even if you are still in for a bumpy ride.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Sorry Pidesco but in this country restricting personal freedoms is what the left is all about. As one famous left of center politician once said (in a joking but not really joking way) "We didn't go through all this trouble to get elected so you people can just do what you want".

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Which specific personal freedoms have they restricted, so far?

Heja Sverige!!

CvIrRbRWEAAWz3L.jpg

Trump has nearly got more free media coverage than all other candidates have bought and free media coverage together. Of course lots of it has not been positive, but reality is that even bad press is better than no press at all, because people will not vote you if they don't know that you exist, in other cases you have opportunity to convince them to vote for you.

So ironically Trump candidacy is probably reality because of media outlets that now oppose him most. Maybe next time those outlets will think before chasing clicks... but who am I kidding that will never happen 

• Like 1

You can't really blame the left fully, since the Patriot Act was a pretty massive move against personal freedom.  But the left has continued the trend the last 8 years.  

The party of personal freedoms and small government opened that door over 10 years ago. And neither party has been interested in repealing it since.

Is that part of the libertarian platform?

Heja Sverige!!

You can't really blame the left fully, since the Patriot Act was a pretty massive move against personal freedom.  But the left has continued the trend the last 8 years.  

well, you kinda can blame the left for the patriot act if you want to as only 66 members in the house and 1 in the senate voted 'gainst passage.   am not recalling exact numbers o' party affiliation in house and senate at the time, but senate were close to an even split. was very much bipartisan support.  a small number o' democrats and an even smaller number o' republicans opposed the patriot act, but is dishonest to give the left as a whole a pass for patriot passage.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You all remember when those ugly Trump statues were all the rage a few months ago and everyone had  quite a chuckle and I warned you that the reverse wouldn't go by so sweetly and people would go ape**** if it was Hilalry Clinton statues? Well, I was right...

Let's follow this in video form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g5YTP7uEsM

IT. IS. ABOUT. EQUALITY. *snerk*

P.S. In before someone shows some vid of pro Trumpers destroying a Trump statue. L0L

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ecuador-cuts-julian-assanges-internet-access-wikileaks-002425066.html

So its confirmed, Ecuador has indeed cut Assanges Internet access, this will drive him insane with boredom and it serves him right

I wonder how long he will will last now before surrendering to the UK authorities?

When cheering for those in power, is it the only time when it you feel like you are part of something larger than you? Making history? Finding meaning or purpose?

Just curious.

I support a certain ideology like we all do. Assange is a parasite and a very divisive personality who has a personal grudge against the West and particularly the USA

Of course I feel like Im part of something greater when someone like Assange is unable to continue his cyber attacks on the USA, one less source of propaganda to worry about :geek:

I want to ask u 2 questions and please answer honestly.

1. What exactly has Assange released that was false? If it's true even with an agenda, it's not propaganda is it?

2. Is it okay for the media and the DNC to instigate violent riots at opponent rally's?

im sure there is still a fax around

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

CNN is my new favorite comedy:

I can almost picture the producer pressing the red button to the feed and loudly proclaim "Ooops! Well would you look at that! *Again* my clumsy finger got there. I just don't get it. How on earth does it happen all the time?"

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Tsk, tsk. Need to be more subtle. Wonder what he would have said, he came back but didn't mention them.

Keep expecting these leaks to have something interesting. So far it's been that politics is nasty warfare, something I thought everyone older than 14 knew :p

Edit for typos. God damned touch screens.

Edited by Malcador

Tsk, tsk. Need to be more subtle. Wonder what he would have said, he came back but didn't mention them.

Keep expectint these leaks to have something interesting. So far it's been that politics is nasty warfare, something I thought everyone older than 14 knew :p

It depends, I imagined the news room more akin of a scetch from a Mel Brooks movie instead of a scene from The House of Cards.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy