Need some tips about deckbuilding

I recently started to play PF and its quite good ccg. I farmed myself enough gold to purchase Burnt Offerrings and Ezren(that was difficult choice between him and Seoni, but in total I find for myself that Ezren ability makes him much more flexible, so i picked him), and currently farm for that character pack.

1. How can i make characters more flexible? currently the my biggest problem is Kyra. Should i make her more warrior-ish style, or better to focus on her wisdom and healing?

Another one problem is Ezren, i cannot pick proper weapon for him(well i usually discard it first, then use spells). Also, probably because my deck contain not that useful item like bracers/potions/whatever else sometimes i didnt have spell to attack.

And the last one, those annoying weapon checks. Poison traps is a pain for Kyra/Ezren, as well as traps with Dex check, how to deal with them?

2.My current decks is:

Ezren: Weapons: Dogslicer; Spells: 2x Force Missile, 2x Acid Arrow, 1x Lightning Touch, 2x Arcane Armour, 1x Charm Person; Items:1x Tome of Knowledge, 1x Codex, 1x Amulet of Life; Allies: 1x Sage, 1x Sheriff Hemlock, 1 x Standard Bearer.

Kyra: Weapons: Warhammer, Sicle+1; Spells: Cure x2, Aid x 1; Items: 1x Luckstone; Blessings : 6x Blessing of the Gods; Armour: x1 Superior Chain Mail, 1x Magic Chain Mail, Allies: 1x Soldier.

Merisiel: Weapons:1x Starknife,1x Shock Longbow +1; Items: x2 Thieves tools,1x Spyglass, 1x Mattock, 1x Crowbar, 1x Amulet of Fortitude; Blessings: 4x Blessing of the Gods; Armours: 1x Magic Shield; Allies: 1x Trobadour, 1x Smith.

How can i make my characters deck better?

3. How much skill/stat/deck points one character may acqure in total at lvl 40 and in main campaign? And what is the most comfortable to play builds you may recommend?

Thats all:) Also im wondering about new characters(looked in paper game) and really hope that all(with some exceptions like promo decks) in game content will be available for free players. Also i want to know when and how multiplayer feature will be implemented, especially if, for example i dont have promo deck and other player have it, how in this case game will manage the quest deck? i know that this is just too early to speak about this but i just want to know how this will be implemented, because from one hand, promo cards should be in coop deck, from another, they should be available only for those who buy it and unavailable for those who doesnt have it...... 

Edited by 24well24

I played Kyra through the whole of tabletop RotRL in a duo team with Seoni and went more melee focused. It worked, but in the late game her d6 strength started to become a real issue. Seoni took the power that let her Blessings of Pharasma add 12s which helped a lot. So it's doable, but a wisdom/spell focused Kyra is probably easier.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ezren's weapon. I sometimes wish he didn't have to have one in his deck at all, although it can be a lifesaver when up against something immune to attack spells.

As a general note, you want to be cycling through your deck as fast as possible. Holding onto situational cards will usually hurt you more than help, especially early when your hand size is small. You want to get to the point where you can recharge as much as possible. With 5 attack spells Ezren should be all set. Don't be afraid to play Allies immediately for their extra explore to draw into your deck faster. Ezren gets to the point where his bonus is high enough to pretty much auto-recharge spells anyway. And keep an eye out for items he can recharge as well. You definitely don't need 2 arcane armor. It's good to have a spell or item on hand to help with damage in an emergency, but if you suddenly have 3 in your hand at once it's not doing you much good! Same goes for all characters. For example make heavy use of Merisiel's recharge power to churn through her deck.

As for those barriers/dex checks. First, you'll want to give a thieves tools to Ezren and Kyra. They need them more than Merisiel, who can already handle many barriers on her own with her skills. Also, there is huge value examining location decks. Spells like Detect Magic and Augury are fantastic. They let you look at the next card(s) in a location deck without having to explore and encounter it. So if Kyra uses Detect Magic, sees the next card is a Poison Trap, she can go explore somewhere else and Merisiel can come deal with the trap.

Edited by chainsawash

Yup, those holy strikes is very powerful for Kyra:) Sad thing that she has low recharge checks, but her ability helps to deal with this...

As for Ezren, and my overall ccg perfornance is that i always prefer more flexible cards that have a lot of uses, so probably Flaming mace should be ok for him, because as far as i know its one of the best items with no weapon proficiency, the other one is heavy crossbow.

Personally i find Detect Magic not worth the use in deck because of its very limited use, but Augury is good to use.

Thanks for tips:)

Ezren is equally capable (or uncapable) with both Melee and Ranged weapons, but not the ones who require proficency. So Flaming Mace and Deathbane Light Crossbow +1 (from deck C) are probably the better ones for him at the start of the game...

The only defensive spell I consider using is Mirror Image. If possible, stack Ezren with Attack spells (but keep his weapon ready for an emergency...) and a couple of Augurys (best spell in the early game). He will not need much healing, since he almost always recharge all the spells he uses.

I usually build Kyra around Strenght and Melee, and increase her weapon slots first. It's true that she does not always start with a weapon in hand, but she doesn't have enough spells slots to consistently rely on them. So try to give her one Cure, one Holy Light and one Find Traps. Oh, and a Masterwork Tools is a must for her!

And try to replace the items that are too specific (Tome of Knowledge, Amulet of Fortitude, etc). They usually don't end up being useful at all. Sometimes I'd rather start a game with a healing potion (that will be banished if used) than with some one-dimensional item...

Cheers!

Mauricio

While Tome of knowledge is indeed has almost no use, while Amulet of fortitude is useful at Traps, some boss checks and gathering armours.

As for Mirror image, i dont like oh-shi kind of cards when you definitely get bad roll on the worst case ever:) So Amulet of life is a more reliable thing for damage reduction. Arcane armour is nice thing too because of instant recharge.

Healing pots and any kind of one time use potions/items/allies that banish itself is not worth the place in deck because in any quest you will get some potions. Also 1d4 heal isnt that good too... Same goes for other potions that even less useful... Kyra heal also not very impressible though, but at least spammable:)

While Tome of knowledge is indeed has almost no use, while Amulet of fortitude is useful at Traps, some boss checks and gathering armours.

As for Mirror image, i dont like oh-shi kind of cards when you definitely get bad roll on the worst case ever:) So Amulet of life is a more reliable thing for damage reduction. Arcane armour is nice thing too because of instant recharge.

Healing pots and any kind of one time use potions/items/allies that banish itself is not worth the place in deck because in any quest you will get some potions. Also 1d4 heal isnt that good too... Same goes for other potions that even less useful... Kyra heal also not very impressible though, but at least spammable:)

Usually, losing a combat is a bad deal: you lose both cards *and* you exploration. Mirror Image is not that great, but it may help against the enemies that deal Special Damage or multiple damage (like the Enchantress). Way better than Arcane Armour, that only protects against Combat damage and only once. And I am not comparing it to Amulet of Life - I agree that it's good, but it's also an item, not a spell...

And obviously I do not try to fill my characters with healing potions - I am just saying that while healing potions will probably be a waste of an item slot, the chances that it will be useful is higher than an item that serves just one purpose (like knowledge or fortitude checks).

Cheers,

Mauricio