What You Did Today

Gorth

Because that sounds expensive, especially compared to sleeping at home.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trying to decide on how to waste up the 7 vacation days I have left for the year.

Maybe 2 weeks of half days. :lol:

I still have 10 days left to use up. I usually save 5-6 for "snow days" and if more than 4" of snow is forecast then I just call off work. A side effect of this is that there normally aren't that many snow days so I wind up taking every Friday and/or Monday off for the last month.

Moving out of my serviced apartment and into my new place tomorrow. Got most things organised, although Internet wont be connected until end of October. Bummer. Oh, and I suppose sleeping on the floor is going to make me feel all young again! :lol:

Yes, a bed is top of my shopping list. Then a fridge, microwave and washing machine. The joys of moving in lots of months before your old stuff can arrive back where it started.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh, and I suppose sleeping on the floor is going to make me feel all young again! :lol:

Yeah but in those days alcohol was likely involved. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In my new apartment driving a rental until the insurance company makes a call about it being repaired or not. They called me two days ago to get the release to an estimator bay, but the fact they haven't said "yep" or "nope" has a part of me thinking that it's really close to the line, which would be interesting.

From what little I know I don't think the frame is bent based on how I impacted. Gives me some hope but am still sweating this because I am underwater on the value of the car

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

i have an uncle who is a retired car mechanic. he once had an impact like your's with his car. he took the car home, made sure the engine was working and then removed the hood and the front bumper and tied the bent frame to 2 trees. he drove in reverse and the frame straightened like unfolding a paper. he still had to hammer a few kinks but in all it took him 3 hours to put the frame back to it's original shape.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

This is what I have to put up with every day at work.

Look at me, I'm an adorable kitty cat and I constantly need attention. Pet me.

MXflEYy.jpg

DIE HUMAN, DIE!

ZBOEoGa.jpg

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Haven't established the desk as a no go zone?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nope, no plans to either. She's only really obnoxious between 8am and 10am. Wanting to play and be pet. After that she just finds a place to nap the day away.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is what I have to put up with every day at work.

Look at me, I'm an adorable kitty cat and I constantly need attention. Pet me.

MXflEYy.jpg

DIE HUMAN, DIE!

ZBOEoGa.jpg

:cat:  :cat: I love puddy cats, they so cute and naughty 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

i have an uncle who is a retired car mechanic. he once had an impact like your's with his car. he took the car home, made sure the engine was working and then removed the hood and the front bumper and tied the bent frame to 2 trees. he drove in reverse and the frame straightened like unfolding a paper. he still had to hammer a few kinks but in all it took him 3 hours to put the frame back to it's original shape.

I would love to know what camber, caster angle and toe in that vehicle has on both sides. I'm pretty certain there is a massive difference. Not to mention that the frame is weakened...

Stuff like that can be dangerous unless you get set up properly afterwards.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Oh, and I suppose sleeping on the floor is going to make me feel all young again! :lol:

Doing my time sleeping on the floor... Now where is the alcohol to soften up these old bones??? :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

oh, god, cats, EMERGENCY DOG PHOTO

bruce-at-park_zpsdbf8050f.jpg

:cat: he is also cute but in a doggie way 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Doing my time sleeping on the floor... Now where is the alcohol to soften up these old bones??? :)

Gorthie  but my understanding is the average Australian doesn't even own a bed as its considered pretentious  8)  

John Milton 

Gorthie but my understanding is the average Australian doesn't even own a bed as its considered pretentious 8)

I'm an immigrant. Aren't you supposed to be unconditionally supportive of me? ;)

The average Aussie probably also has a six pack in the fridge. Right now I would settle for having a fridge...

Going to get a bed on Tuesday though and a fridge and a washing machine too next weekend (as well as internet, giving my mobile phone a break)

• Like 1

Gorthie but my understanding is the average Australian doesn't even own a bed as its considered pretentious 8)

I'm an immigrant. Aren't you supposed to be unconditionally supportive of me? ;)

The average Aussie probably also has a six pack in the fridge. Right now I would settle for having a fridge...

Going to get a bed on Tuesday though and a fridge and a washing machine too next weekend (as well as internet, giving my mobile phone a break)

:lol:

Sorry Gorthie, you right. I do need to be more supportive ....you know me and my normal refined sense of decorum. I never offend anyone  :-

Oh I meant to ask, what about work ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

the stray kittens i found in my garden a few months ago are now grown up and come around every day expecting food (if i have any leftovers i leave them in a corner so now they are used to it and come with a "gimme food human... NOW" attitude)

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I meant to tell you guys about my very rewarding week, at one of my customers I have  a good lady friend who suggested i ask her sister out. And I wont lie this friend of mine is hot  and she is an awesome person so of course I said i would love to 

So we have been chatting this week and her sister, Bronwynn, and I get on very well so I'm taking her to lunch today in a few hours, check the menu at the place we going to ..I might get the Eisbein or the Duck?

http://www.hillsidetavern.co.za/images/HT%20Menu%202016.pdf

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Ive known some uniquely named people in my life but never a Bronwynn. I'm wrestling with my desire to go fishing and try out my spiffy new cast net on one hand and complete inertia on the other. I really should go renew my drivers license too but the DMV is always a zoo on Saturday so Ill probably hit it up on a weekday.

Ive known some uniquely named people in my life but never a Bronwynn. I'm wrestling with my desire to go fishing and try out my spiffy new cast net on one hand and complete inertia on the other. I really should go renew my drivers license too but the DMV is always a zoo on Saturday so Ill probably hit it up on a weekday.

It is unusual I agree and her sister who is my friend is called Enolicia ....also unusual?

John Milton 

Enolicia, never heard that one before. I've met a Bronwyn myself, and also a Blodwyn which is the most metal girl name ever.

Blodwyn is pretty wicked, love that one.

I've met a Helfrid once, awesome girl. She was metal as f***! lml

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken