What You Did Today

Gorth

Got an very empty bank account since the social security agency has "misplaced" my files. Good fun.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Spent too much time abusing people on Reddit. Now have to go do errands with my mom.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Last day of work until next year! w00t. Got a big fat bonus in my check! w00tw00t. I think Ill go blow it all on hats. Also today is my company Christmas lunch so we should be cutting out of here in a few hours for some delicious eats. Its all sunny and "warm" out, what a day! :feelsgoodman:

• Like 1

I drank a bit too much last night and ended up with a bartender's phone number.  Awkward.  I think he just wanted to be a guest on my podcast though.  :p

This morning I am planning on cleaning the house, and I'm hoping to get the kids to do their fair share.  That would be a Christmas miracle.

• Like 2

why'd you call the man "the prettiest princess", again?

I honestly don't remember

Was alcohol involved? If so they shouldn't hold it against you. 

Nope just family. He was the one who said he should be a unicorn.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

After spending 3 hours on the phone with different agencies and services, it turns out my ****ing boss has'nt told the social security agency that I've been sick. Mother****ing ****sucking little ****, I'm going to pressurecook his balls while they're still attached to him and then force feed them to him. :banghead:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I got all my wifes presents wrapped and under the tree today while she was at work. I feel like I did good this year being more creative with her gifts, and I paid for everything I could in cash so I didnt leave an electronic trail for her to follow in our banking app. :lol:

• Like 4

Downloaded and converted a lot of music (videos) to MP3s and had it on a USB stick plugged in my car. Driving along and a whole heap of Bad Lip Reading songs were playing and I had a big grin on my face listening to the lyrics. After a few songs, my girlfriend said, these songs are pretty good, they're happy songs. I asked if she was listening to the words and she was like, no, but the music is good. :lol:

• Like 1

I need to come up with a decent logo for my History of Hops podcast so I can make business cards.  I'm thinking about an open book with a hop vine around it, or something.  Or maybe a tap pouring knowledge, although that may be out of me abilities as an artist.  Actually I have no abilities as an artist.  Hrm.

I drank rum and took a nap.

I need to come up with a decent logo for my History of Hops podcast so I can make business cards.  I'm thinking about an open book with a hop vine around it, or something.  Or maybe a tap pouring knowledge, although that may be out of me abilities as an artist.  Actually I have no abilities as an artist.  Hrm.

Make a tap pouring out words into a book being read by a scholarly gentleman.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

But why would you try to do something that is not your skillset ?

Why not ask one of the Art teachers to assist or give ideas around creativity ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've just read that Carrie Fisher died. 2016 still has a few days, I guess.

****! ;_;

My backyard was getting pretty overgrown, so the neighbor brought over a couple goats.  They are fun to watch.  The dog is having a blast trying to live out his herding fantasies, although he has learned to keep his distance from the one with horns.

• Like 1

Sister got me a Rogue One coffee mug that changes the design when it's heated. Turns out it cracked when hot water was put into it. I guess there was a hidden flaw in it.

• Like 7

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started getting a cold on Monday. So had a couple of nights of fever dreams. These are kind of fun, for certain values of fun.

First night I couldn't even form coherent thoughts as I tried to sleep. No words, just pictures that could be best described as what a fly would see if half its eyes wandered.

Last night was a bit better. I had a fantastic dream were I was some sort of world renowned AI researcher that people wanted to get back into the business, but I completely refused, trying to tell them to do it themselves. Somehow this lead to a Starcraft teams tournament, where I had the absolutely brilliant idea of rushing the enemy with a swarm of weak enemies. I felt this was very clever. Though apparently in my dream, matches start with all your units already built, so the opposing team blew themselves up killing my units. At this point I started to panic because I was sure this was against the rules. However, all the audience does is complain about that's why Blizzard doesn't allow large maps and some debate over Bryce Dallas Howard's acting ability.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Even though I cancelled my leave for December its been fun and interesting staying in JHB this week. I work a few hours each day but then I can do my own thing in the afternoon. Today I have been at Hooters which is always festive, shooters and chickens wings were rife

And I still get to take this time off as leave later  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Vacation journal, day 6: I feel myself going quite mad from the boredom...sights and sounds just on the edge of my perception. The NFL channel has been playing in the background for the last ~54 hours and there is no more internet that can possibly be clicked. I should buy a slip in the marina for my boat.

• Like 2

I'm going to turn the soil in the garden today. There is nothing growing there now. It's just waiting for spring. I have a project in mind this year that requires planting corn. So at least half the field is being dedicated to corn this spring. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell