Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your origin... Where do Pillars players come from? (poll) [big update on 6 oct... Pls vote again(sry guys] ;)]

Poll

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Home continent (84 member(s) have cast votes)

So, please select your beautiful home continent

1. Africa (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Asia (4 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. America, north (22 votes [26.19%])

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

4. America, south (3 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

5. Europe (50 votes [59.52%])

Percentage of vote: 59.52%

6. Oceania/Australia (1 votes [1.19%])

Percentage of vote: 1.19%

7. Antarctica (1 votes [1.19%])

Percentage of vote: 1.19%

8. Eora (3 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Mazisky

Mazisky

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 426 posts

Rome, Italy, i hope PoE 2 will be translated aswell because PoE italian is beautifully written.

One of the best translation ever seen, and not easy to do considering the amount of text.

Edited by Mazisky, 05 October 2016 - 11:35 AM.

• JerekKruger, SkySlam and Slack83er like this

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts
Oh, btw the central Africa vote actually still comes the time when it said "Mars"... Sadly I'm limited to 15 options

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts
Also Dream Wayfarer... Since we have a lot of Europeans around here, it seemed to make sense to be more specific on Europe :) and it still does.. As it stands now, Europe holds the vast majority of active members. But hey, maybe it'll change over night
And finally, it's also a matter of personal interests... ;)

Edited by Ben No.3, 05 October 2016 - 11:56 AM.

Sedrefilos

Sedrefilos

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also Dream Wayfarer... Since we have a lot of Europeans around here, it seemed to make sense to be more specific on Europe :) and it still does.. As it stands now, Europe holds the vast majority of active members. But hey, maybe it'll change over night
And finally, it's also a matter of personal interests... ;)

I think it made it more confusing than specific, imo :p

dukeisaac

dukeisaac

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Canada yo

Elric Galad

Elric Galad

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1156 posts
France here.
But what is the right answer for France in this poll ? Middle Europe ? It would be more Western Europe for me.

Middle Europe would be more Germany and/or Poland for me.

Sedrefilos

Sedrefilos

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

France here.
But what is the right answer for France in this poll ? Middle Europe ? It would be more Western Europe for me.

Middle Europe would be more Germany and/or Poland for me.

Yeah. Tbh I've never heared the term "Middle Europe" ever. It is usually "central Europe" and France usually is considered West Europe along with Spain and Portugal. Then again Spain is usually considered part of south Europe along with Italy and Greece! And France has also a big portion of Mediterranean coast (south)! There are no clear definitions of "parts" of Europe. That's why simple continent choice would have bee just fine.

OP, put the original poll back and stop confusing us! We'll vote again :p

Edited by Sedrefilos, 06 October 2016 - 08:28 AM.

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts
Al right al right :p

K Galen B

K Galen B

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 57 posts

Be careful about stretching the results of this poll too far - I suspect there are a lot more North America players than the forum population reflects. In my experience they just aren't as likely to be the really hardcore Infinity Engine gamers like Europeans tend to be. Thus the relatively low forum attendance.

Oh, and changing a poll in the same thread after it has already drawn some votes is gonna screw with things even more. People might tend not to check the thread a second time/vote again/etc.

Anyway, I'm from the US. Baldur's Gate II was probably my first 3d isometric RPG (and I think my first major computer game period) and I've been addicted to Infinity Engine and paper-and-pencil style CRPGs ever since. If I'd paid more attention to Pillars of Eternity when I first heard about it I probably would've gotten involved in crowdfunding it. I bet some of my friends from circa 2000 that I have since lost touch with, wherever they are, have a copy on their computers too. Save vs. Nostalgia -6: fail!

lameover

lameover

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 174 posts

Eurasia. Russian Federation.

demeisen

demeisen

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Also I'd note that depending on what you consider "Europe" (west + east + maybe Russia), that may include somewhere around 800 million people.  North America has 320m in the US, 125m in Mexico... maybe a few dozen folks up in Canada :p .  Maybe some 500 million.  So if the player base had the same per-capita ratios, you'd expect Europe to have quite a few more players compared to NA.

​Doesn't seem to be a big Asian contingent though...

Edited by demeisen, 16 October 2016 - 09:06 AM.

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2568 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Be careful about stretching the results of this poll too far - I suspect there are a lot more North America players than the forum population reflects. In my experience they just aren't as likely to be the really hardcore Infinity Engine gamers like Europeans tend to be. Thus the relatively low forum attendance.

Also please remember, this game has been out long enough that it is no longer being actively developed outside of maybe one more patch and Obsidian is about to release it's next game.  I would say forum activity is going to be at an all time low right now regardless.

kio

kio

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

A part of my country is in Asia, a part is in Europe.

Elric Galad

Elric Galad

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1156 posts

A part of my country is in Asia, a part is in Europe.

Russia ?
Turkey ?
Kazakhstan ?

So unless you live on the top of the Ural or on a boat on the Bosphore, I suppose you actually live on one side :-

Anyway, Europe and Asia are technically not really a different continent. Even North/South America and Africa/Eurasia are not strictly speaking different landmass, so...

Edited by Elric Galad, 22 October 2016 - 02:07 AM.

JackalTornMoons

JackalTornMoons

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Chicago. :)

Ser Pontonnier

Ser Pontonnier

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Europe. France

SkySlam

SkySlam

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Anyway... Italy here, Tuscany.

Hey hello there! Italy - Tuscany here too.

Florence in my case :wub:

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm from the Aedyr Empire... I mean the UK.

Rome, Italy, i hope PoE 2 will be translated aswell because PoE italian is beautifully written.

One of the best translation ever seen, and not easy to do considering the amount of text.

Huh, that's really interesting and good to hear. As a monolinguistic Philistine I've only experienced the game in English, and it's good to hear that the translations are good (well, the Italian one at least). 

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Argentina here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users