Hello my fellow Lords!

I recently got around to play my first few rounds of the game and so far I really enjoyed my time with it. During our play sessions a couple of unclarities regarding the rule set arose though, hopefully some of you can shed some light on it!

1) Archers

Longshot; can only be used if the Archers are not within a party, right?

Also, as there is no mention of returning the gem after using the ability, I assume it can be used once per turn from the moment of placing the gem?

2) Storeroom

Suppose the following situation: There're resource tokens stored. During the Build & Hire step the active player uses all his resources, so there're none to be passed around. Do players still get a chance clockwise to use their resources from the Storeroom and play cards?

3) Allegiance Card - Mirranna

AJvrq9H.png

Can double resource tokens be targeted by this ability?

4) Invocations

Is it possbile to reroll the combat / ability die from encountered monsters too, or just ones own?

E.g. Vithrack (D3) - "Reduce the adventuring player's Armor by the result of one die roll."

Can the active player then decide in step 5 of combat to reroll said die?

5) Hero - Verzano

QoA6noj.png

Can you store and use a token on the same turn, effectively doubling it? Or does the act of storing already exhaust the ability until the next turn.

6) Hero - Wula

gGW2LrJ.png

After placing the gem and looking at the first card, can this abillity be used again each turn from now on? Or just once?

Thanks a lot already for your answers and insights!

Cheers, Beor

I am pretty sure I can help you with your questions and concerns. For other users that are reading this.. you can read my reply since contains Beor questions and my answers so you don't have to scroll up and down.

1) Archers

Longshot; can only be used if the Archers are not within a party, right?

Yes, in order to use Longshot your archers need to have the soul gem and not be in the party. You know they will back up the party from far.

Also, as there is no mention of returning the gem after using the ability, I assume it can be used once per turn from the moment of placing the gem?

About your concern for using the ability, yes it can be only use once per turn. Also I attached this screenshot that mention about it.

kUTTNGs.png

2) Storeroom

Suppose the following situation: There're resource tokens stored. During the Build & Hire step the active player uses all his resources, so there're none to be passed around. Do players still get a chance clockwise to use their resources from the Storeroom and play cards?

Yes that player that controls storeroom can use that stored resource and play cards.

Here is addition details from the last part of the rulebook for building section.

kAtDLl5.png

3) Allegiance Card - Mirranna

AJvrq9H.png

Can double resource tokens be targeted by this ability?

That is a good question. I would say that yes since you are paying a random card. Beside the double resources token are tricky, because you need to use both resources in order can be use.

4) Invocations

Is it possbile to reroll the combat / ability die from encountered monsters too, or just ones own?

E.g. Vithrack (D3) - "Reduce the adventuring player's Armor by the result of one die roll."

Can the active player then decide in step 5 of combat to reroll said die?

I would say that yes for both questions above, because if we apply the logic and experience from chanter in Pillars of Eternity video game, the chanter is a versatile fighter and using his phrases can do support actions for the party or affect the enemies by doing extra damage or applying negative effect on them.

In the screenshot below, show re-roll any one combat/ ability die, which leave open to use it wisely on those situation you mention below.

LdEgKWe.png

5) Hero - Verzano

Can you store and use a token on the same turn, effectively doubling it? Or does the act of storing already exhaust the ability until the next turn.

QoA6noj.png

If you check the screenshot I put above for the storeroom, this card works like the storeroom, which allow to use the token on the card, store one or exchange for another one. But you cannot store double resource token. Check the addition details below from Heroes' section in the rulebook:

Jm0GJTc.png

6) Hero - Wula

gGW2LrJ.png

After placing the gem and looking at the first card, can this abillity be used again each turn from now on? Or just once?

This hero is useful before you go for adventuring, since you may peek the top card for any dungeon. Like you first question on your post, abilities from army cards and buildings can be only use once per turn. What you can do is use her ability on other players turn to peek another top card from another dungeon deck. Just in case you are wondering the soul gem stay on her, you only remove the soul gems if the ability state to return soul gem (like cipher or Pallegina's abilities)

I hope I was clear answering all your questions and long life in Eora  :dancing:

Edited by Varokw