Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Patch Notes for 1.1.3 is now live!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts
Awesome! First patch in a while that updated smoothly with no update process issues. Of course I've logged 6 bugs after the first scenario, but nothing game-breaking this time around, it's mostly related to the UI changes and dice visuals. Perhaps we're moving toward a stable code base! I hope so.

mplain

mplain

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Awesome! First patch in a while that updated smoothly with no update process issues. Of course I've logged 6 bugs after the first scenario, but nothing game-breaking this time around, it's mostly related to the UI changes and dice visuals. Perhaps we're moving toward a stable code base! I hope so.

You did read the previous comments right?...

mplain

mplain

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

To get the game to function after the patch I needed to uninstall and reinstall. Once that was done the UI changes are just horrible. The fonts are off, they don't fit with their frames and overlap with other text boxes. The popup UI buttons are hidden behind cards, or text boxes, and the UI cues for actions after playing cards are completely different. I figured everything out eventually, but wow, who thought this updated UI was better than than the old one? Someone needs to retake that UX/UI class.

I totally agree, the new UI is ugly.

LordHelmchen

LordHelmchen

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

some significant UI overhauls

Been playing on an Xperia Z1 compact for quite some time already. While I admit that the bigger location effect display is a bit easier to read, I dislike needing two additional clicks to remind myself on the closing requirements and effects. How about a best of both worlds approach: reinstate the previous location display, but allow zooming in for ease of reading if needed.

Scenario Completion Gold: Resolved an issue where you could miss out on gold when completing scenarios that should grant it

If this was supposed to award gold for syenarios below legendary that were already completed by the player, but not by the characters: it still doesn't.

If not: why not (https://forums.obsid...-legendary-why/)?; and what was the issue that had been resolved?

kent1146

kent1146

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

I'd advise you to quit this game, and forget it ever existed.

Believe me, I **LOVED** this game before the latest patch.  But it's clear that the game developers simply do not prioritize fixing bugs, or delivering promised content.  Instead, they release garbage like a new UI that nobody asked for, and cosmetic garbage like dice skins.

I've accepted that this isn't a story of a rag-tag team of indie developers just trying to find their stride before they really start delivering content & bugfixes.  I've accepted that shoddy bug-laden releases and M.I.A. content are what we can expect in the future, because that's exactly what they've given us in the past.

• mplain and dbt like this

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Believe me, I **LOVED** this game before the latest patch.  But it's clear that the game developers simply do not prioritize fixing bugs, or delivering promised content.  Instead, they release garbage like a new UI that nobody asked for, and cosmetic garbage like dice skins.

The promise for phone UI support has been From the beta, the promise to dice skins have been From beta. So these Are not something that nobody has asked for... They have been planned From the very Beginning of the game. There still Are a lot of features that have been planned a long time ago that Are not yet in the game, so there will a lot more things that you have not hoped for, it seems. But as I said They Are not some random afterthoughs, They Are preplanned features that will come to the game, Little by Little.
The dev did fix Many old bugs, but as always new features causes new bugs. That is the problem with games that gain new features and content during the game life cycle.
Expect to see most of these problems fixed in the next patch and Also Expect to see new bugs, with new feature that will be included in the next patch. Ofcourse nobody hopes to see any new bugs, but I can not see that we can avoid them. If you want to see mostly bugfree Pathfinder Adventures, wait for ad6, wait two patches after that and come back then.
I personally am going to enjoy this game in the meantime. I am just not expecting it to be bugfree. In Many way this newer version is much better than previous version, but i Also Expect to see bugfixes to the new bugs that arrived lately.

This is still one of the best mobile games around and some of those features that vere planned in the beta stage Era, Are really interesting and I am really waiting to see them come though eventually! Good things Are coming, just don't Expect to see them bugfree in the first patch ;)
  • kurtalb1, Archangelrey, Ethics Gradient and 2 others like this

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1052 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

This is still one of the best mobile games around and some of those features that vere planned in the beta stage Era, Are really interesting and I am really waiting to see them come though eventually! Good things Are coming, just don't Expect to see them bugfree in the first patch ;)

Yes, every patch is narrowing closer to what may end up being a really cool implementation of the entire Pathfinder Adventures card game.  I'm happy to see where things are going too.  Nobody here is excited by bugs, but this is still only a mobile game.  

For instance, I'd be really upset if Obsidian released a patch that made the batteries in my iPad explode (I'm pretty sure that's not in the Unity SDK...), but anything short of that means I'll just find some other way to spend idle time for a bit.  So things are broken for a while, its not like the devs want it that way either.

• Fcknuckle67 likes this

kent1146

kent1146

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

The dev did fix Many old bugs, but as always new features causes new bugs. That is the problem with games that gain new features and content during the game life cycle.

I 100% agree with you that software gets bugs, they eventually get fixed, game content changes over time, etc.

The problem I have is around setting and managing expectations.  With the amount of work that was done over the past several months since release, this game feels much more like an extended beta or an Early Access game.  Which would be fine, if that was made clear.  

But the game presents itself as a finished product, and sells content as if it were a finished product.  Or, rather more appropriately for an episodic content game like this, the game presents itself as having a polished team & polished set of processes behind it that can create and deliver future content.  And seeing multiple QA/QC mishaps over the past several months, the delay of AD3, and the delay of AD4 (is it July yet?), makes me believe that the content creation & delivery processes are far from polished.

Obsidian Entertainment has some very solid experience developing cRPGs;  including developing episodic / expansion content for some of those games.  This isn't their first rodeo.  But it certainly doesn't feel that way.

• mplain, dbt and Fcknuckle67 like this

mplain

mplain

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Obsidian's reputation is plummeting down in my eyes.

Bugs are bad. But the new UI is damn ugly, and I'm afraid it's not going away. I was going to enjoy this game :(

Edited by mplain, 07 September 2016 - 06:22 AM.

HPL_fan

HPL_fan

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 106 posts
I'm seeing a z-index issue on my tablet. A lot of cards that should be behind what is displayed. For example, when recharging a card the card is on top of the reveal button when I use the spell component pouch. I've also noticed a similar issue with the hand displayed at the bottom of the screen after I've revealed something and it goes back to my hand.

Other than that I like the UI update. Thanks.
  • Ethics Gradient and HamFaceSam like this

Speeder7777777

Speeder7777777

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
I just tested the new patch and I am disappointed.
I have been using a Samsung Galaxy s4 for a while now (before this new patch) and I hate the new interface.
The tablets interface was doing really well on phone devices.
Now it is clunky, too big for nothing and harder to see all the information. Before you could see fine all the cards by clicking on them already.
I am not taking about the obvious interface bugs that are everywhere, just the general design of it.
Please, could you either put an option to use the tablet interface or remove the phone one altogether?

Thank you

Celedhring

Celedhring

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Steam:celedhring

No show-stopping bugs on my part. No lost gold. No freezes. No progression locks.

However the new UI has lots of clipping and misaligned object issues. While I commend the philosophy behind it (yay no more eyestrain!), it certainly needs a lot of refinement.

I kinda dislike the fact that I have to tap a button in order to display the location information, something that I find myself doing almost every turn.

Mishka

Mishka

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Mishka_2
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Stalling on new content. Adding cosmetic sillies and now "fixing" something that was never broken... Man, you're making it so hard to keep playing this awesome game that I had to log in just to vent some frustration.

The new UI is straight up ugly. The additional touch that I now have to do to see the location info sucks a lot from UX perspective too. The fonts in that menu are not resizing correctly which results in overflows that aren't handled well and in the fonts looking weirdly smashed together. The cards overlap action selection buttons and it's suddenly harder to drag the cards to their interactive zones to either banish, bury, discard, etc.

I suppose I'm gonna wait for a couple patches down the line until this mess is at least half way solved.

• dbt and kent1146 like this

HamFaceSam

HamFaceSam

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Stalling on new content. Adding cosmetic sillies and now "fixing" something that was never broken... Man, you're making it so hard to keep playing this awesome game that I had to log in just to vent some frustration.

The new UI is straight up ugly. The additional touch that I now have to do to see the location info sucks a lot from UX perspective too. The fonts in that menu are not resizing correctly which results in overflows that aren't handled well and in the fonts looking weirdly smashed together. The cards overlap action selection buttons and it's suddenly harder to drag the cards to their interactive zones to either banish, bury, discard, etc.

I suppose I'm gonna wait for a couple patches down the line until this mess is at least half way solved.

Yes, this^ The new UI is really messy. I wish we could go back to the tablet display or at least be able to toggle back and forth. Having to click to see location info every single turn is definitely detracting from my play experience.

And I'm still getting xp when I fail in quest mode :( Gonna have to start my characters again...

Honestly, I'm super bummed out. I was so excited when I found this app and had planned splurge on buying the whole RotR bundle. Now I'm not sure that I would be getting my money's worth.

I'm sorry for the Devs who are getting all this negative feedback as I'm sure they want to provide us a product that works. That said, this release has been really sloppy and is a step back from the previous version. It seems like this was a long way from being tested enough to release. I had to uninstall and reinstall to be able play at all.

Plus we haven't really had any response despite the deluge of posts in the forum.

Hope to hear back soon! I really don't want to give up on what could be an awesome game. Good luck guys!
  • dbt, kent1146 and RedPred like this

Urtar37

Urtar37

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 46 posts

When are you going to be releasing AD4!

RedPred

RedPred

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 424 posts

Actually Wand of Enervation still remove previous dices played.

Jasta

Jasta

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Quite like the idea of where the UI is going... though that might change a bit with the next adventure. Will have to remind myself to open the side panel and read new locations properly.

• Biggest bug so far is not getting gold for trashing vault cards. I went through and pruned maybe 300 golds worth and got nothing. Not a huge amount but not good. :(
  • The cards appearing out of order is probably the biggest gameplay annoyance... far from game breaking but it just looks bad. (Sony Xperia Z5)
  • Challenge progress bar popup went from blocking the cards to hiding behind it. Neither is ideal can we move it to the top of the screen please?
  • Weapon re-rolls seemed different. Re-rolled a Lightning Glaive and it re-rolled far fewer dice than I remembered. This might be intentional (they were pretty OP)
  • I swear battery life is a LOT better with the new version. No idea what you did but it was maybe twice as good? Nice work.

RedPred

RedPred

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Biggest bug so far is not getting gold for trashing vault cards. I went through and pruned maybe 300 golds worth and got nothing. Not a huge amount but not good. :(

They removed that savage intentionally. Officially confirmed in an other thread. I'm very very sad about that as you are mate.. :(

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1052 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

They removed that savage intentionally. Officially confirmed in an other thread. I'm very very sad about that as you are mate.. :(

Vault salvage should still be working.  The salvage that was quietly removed was the handful of freebie gold that you got after scenarios when you decided not to keep all those Mattocks and Troubadours and other unwanted boons.

• Fcknuckle67 likes this

RedPred

RedPred

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 424 posts

Vault salvage should still be working.  The salvage that was quietly removed was the handful of freebie gold that you got after scenarios when you decided not to keep all those Mattocks and Troubadours and other unwanted boons.

I didn't understand Jasta has said.

Anyway you are talking of 10-25 cards per game in a 6-party, or in gold 50-150 bonus per each played scenario removed because there is a 100-200 challenge bonus per day. Someone want me play less. Good to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users